British Speedway Forum
TonyE

Lakeside v Glasgow Friday 14th

The last ever meeting at the Arena Essex Raceway deserves  a thread to itself.

It will be an emotional night that is for sure. The Hammers need to win all their 'home' fixtures this weekend to secure their play-off place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TonyE said:

The last ever meeting at the Arena Essex Raceway deserves  a thread to itself.

It will be an emotional night that is for sure. The Hammers need to win all their 'home' fixtures this weekend to secure their play-off place.

Thankfully the weather looks fine for tomorrow.

A great gesture (and fitting) for it to be Leigh Lanham that rides the final laps :t:

• Like 1

yes an emotional evening on and off track lets hope its the fitting finale that a lot of people

are hoping to see

Then its off to rye to finish our season and beyond hopefully to return to Essex as the hammers

in 2/3 years time to start the next chapter in this great clubs life

keep the faith COYH.

• Like 3

After tonights result would think you will get 3 points :wink:

15 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

After tonights result would think you will get 3 points :wink:

I have a feeling Lakeside will win tomorrow night.

Dont know why i have that feeling :D.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Dear tiggers, 3 points tomorrow please, with much love from your favourite Mr B 

Naw.

Yours sincerely 

Roon ye.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Naw.

Yours sincerely 

Roon ye.

Echoes of Redstripe v the Nigerian scammer  :D 

Can't see the Tigers spoiling the Hammers emotional departure from Lakeside. An away point wouldn't be out of the question though.

Also good luck to the hammers at there remaining league matches at Rye House

So the day has finally come for the last ever meeting at home, the club can move where they like but Arena Essex will always be home. Going to be a strange feeling knowing after 30 odd years I won’t be going back but hopefully it’s a great night and it looks as though some old club legends will be going aswell which will bring back some great memories. It’s a must win meeting but even if we win it will still feel like a loss when Iam leaving the stadium for the last time. It will be sad saying goodbye to some friends I’ve met over the years who I might not see again but let’s hope it’s a great meeting to give the old place the send off it deserves.

Edited by liam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, liam said:

So the day has finally come for the last ever meeting at home, the club can move where they like but Arena Essex will always be home. Going to be a strange feeling knowing after 30 odd years I won’t be going back. Hopefully it’s a great night and it looks as though some old club legends will be going aswell which will bring back some great memories. It’s a must win meeting but even if we win it will still feel like a loss when Iam leaving the stadium for the last time. Hope it’s a great meeting to give the old place the send off it deserves.

Must win? For sentimental reasons yes but a draw tonight and 2 wins at rye would get you in the play-offs 

Lakeside massively weakened by R/R for Kyle Newman. I just hope they all come through safely , we've seen in the past the havoc that lunatic Vissing causes at Lakeside  riding all over the place . One of the most dangerous riders I can ever remember seeing at Arena. 

If anyone can steal a win at Lakeside its Glasgow. Much depends on Bomber. He has had some decent ones there and also some howlers. 

1 hour ago, Daytripper said:

Lakeside massively weakened by R/R for Kyle Newman. I just hope they all come through safely , we've seen in the past the havoc that lunatic Vissing causes at Lakeside  riding all over the place . One of the most dangerous riders I can ever remember seeing at Arena. 

If anyone can steal a win at Lakeside its Glasgow. Much depends on Bomber. He has had some decent ones there and also some howlers. 

Look, all Glasgow fans want lakeside to qualify at Edinburgh expense but calling Claus a lunatic isn't helping your cause. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1