British Speedway Forum
TonyE

Lakeside v Glasgow Friday 14th

Stroll in the shopping centre for lakeside against the unmotivated tiggers!

4 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Stroll in the shopping centre for lakeside against the unmotivated tiggers!

Really ? Have you ever seen Craig Cook unmotivated?

Ok - the unmotivated tiggers excluding monarchs asset Craig Cook. ;)

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Look, all Glasgow fans want lakeside to qualify at Edinburgh expense but calling Claus a lunatic isn't helping your cause. 

Was going to say this silly post is swaying me towards Edinburgh , then i realized what i was doing and came to my senses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Could lakeside be the first team to have 3 home meetings in the same day. At this rate tonight's match will finish tomorrow and then they have two in the evening 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Some good racing tonight most of the riders really going for it   Craig Cook the fastest rider I have seen there this year ,,Alfie Bowtell looking the smoothest I have seen him,has found a line that suits him, Two excellent rides from Ben Morley who looks really quick when he rides the wide line .the top 3 were their usual consistent selves..Hope Zack is ok after his nasty looking crash,,but looks unlikely for Rye House Saturday ..Victory was a must tonight and. The lads achieved that ,,,Tommorrow may be a different story with no home track advantage probably no Zack and two matches to get through....Massive crowd in tonight for the last ever meeting at Lakeside,so sad to see yet another track lost to developers.,..

• Like 3

Shocking referee , let the hammers have rolling starts all night, heat 15 Nick lifted on bend 2 and went into air fence , craig laid the bike down and it was all 4 back strangest 1st bend I have seen, I dont mind getting beat and was happy for lakeside to win , but they denied us a chance of a point by saying all 4 back when Nick should have been excluded . Also Psul Starke should have been in heat 15 as bomber was having a mare of a night and Paul had beaten Adam Ellis in heat 14. Hope young Zach is ok , that was a big get off he had.

Don't know what you were watching but Cook took Morris out on bend 2 and was lucky to be in the re-run.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Shocking referee , let the hammers have rolling starts all night, heat 15 Nick lifted on bend 2 and went into air fence , craig laid the bike down and it was all 4 back strangest 1st bend I have seen, I dont mind getting beat and was happy for lakeside to win , but they denied us a chance of a point by saying all 4 back when Nick should have been excluded . Also Psul Starke should have been in heat 15 as bomber was having a mare of a night and Paul had beaten Adam Ellis in heat 14. Hope young Zach is ok , that was a big get off he had.

No idea what you have been drinking, but I suggest you stop swiftly. I have read some myopic comments on all kinds of forums but yours really are utter tosh. As stated above Craig Cook wiped Morris out totally, and it was a very generous all four back, as for rolling other than Ellis (When he was rightly pulled up) I don’t recall any. 

32 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I understand it was a trainee ref. Not sure which ref was supervising him. All the riders were complaining that he was holding them to long at the tapes. It was Tigers that were responsible for breaking the tapes, but be that as it may, almost every race the tapes were being held a long time and when that happens it's almost inevtable someone will twitch. 

As for heat 15 Cook definitely went down first and collected Nick. Personally I thought Craig should have been excluded, but the refs box gives the best view so it's possible Cook and Lawson touched before Craig went down.

Overall a good meeting to finish on, some good racing. Up to heat 8 I thought the Tigers were going it , 

15 minutes ago, Eyejay said:

No idea what you have been drinking, but I suggest you stop swiftly. I have read some myopic comments on all kinds of forums but yours really are utter tosh. As stated above Craig Cook wiped Morris out totally, and it was a very generous all four back, as for rolling other than Ellis (When he was rightly pulled up) I don’t recall any. 

Probably brought in a carry out of their favourite tipple from Glesca, namely Buckfast:lol:

13 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Ok - the unmotivated tiggers excluding monarchs asset Craig Cook. ;)

ASSETS are a figment of promoters' imagination:neutral:

• Like 4

A good but very long way to say goodbye I thought, it was all going well until that horror crash for Zach then everything seemed to go wrong to drag the meeting out but I hope he’s going to be ok. It’s been the same old story really whenever we have had a decent side come play off time we have injuries with Kyle and now Zach. Cook was flying and without doubt the fastest man at the raceway this year but it was great to see Rich beating him in heat 15 to win the last ever race. Cook 100% clipped Morris to cause the crash aswell it was as clear as day. All in all a good way to say goodbye and fingers crossed speedway may one day return to Thurrock.

• Like 1