British Speedway Forum
TonyE

Lakeside v Glasgow Friday 14th

15 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Presumably having Cook and Harris in opposition would have helped a wee bit

Cook is undoubtedly a class act . .  I don't know what's happened to bomber. I have seen him score double figures for Coventry at Lakeside and he was a ruthless overtaker but the old spark seems to be missing a bit these days. Still a formidable rider but not quite the man he was.

41 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Cook is undoubtedly a class act . .  I don't know what's happened to bomber. I have seen him score double figures for Coventry at Lakeside and he was a ruthless overtaker but the old spark seems to be missing a bit these days. Still a formidable rider but not quite the man he was.

Just one off those nights I am guessing he has been superb the last 6 weeks or so.

Just a blip will be back on it for the Play offs without a doubt. 

With it all going on so late did the final laps by Leigh Lanham take place?

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes they did. Thereafter the crowd were invited to walk the track and take anything they wanted as a souvenir - most opted for some shale.

• Like 1

Yes, nothing was cut and even though it was a very late finish there was no shortage of patrons who took the opportunity of doing the track walk afterwards, it was a real eye opener to see the track close up and how different it looks when your actually on it, and also the feel of the track under foot and how in some places it was like a very hard slightly sandy base but out towards the fence there was a lot of loose shale which I personally I wouldn't want to put a back wheel in knowing how these modern bikes can take off when they hook up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Yes they did. Thereafter the crowd were invited to walk the track and take anything they wanted as a souvenir - most opted for some shale.

Might be an idea to take some to Rye tonight!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Might be an idea to take some to Rye tonight!

Or flog some to Uncle Len......;)

Edited by Eyejay

9 hours ago, waco said:

Cris Gay was the official ref last night and is notorious for holding the tapes to long he ruins every meeting he runs,,,,the riders hate him ,,and its about time he was removed from the lists..but unfortunately the powers that  be who are killing speedway in this country will do nothing about this or anything else that sees fans disappearing at an alarming rate.....

I must admit I always have that sinking feeling when I see the name of Chris (rerun) Gay in the programme!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yes but he rode in a Rye House race suit which was a bit of a shame!

45 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Yes but he rode in a Rye House race suit which was a bit of a shame!

Could be seen as a nod to the old and a nod to the new.....

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Gazc said:

To be fair Dorothy was there and that is her opinion yes slightly biased to her team but still her opinion , you have your opinion no different but slightly biased to your team which is also your right.

People see things differently all the time doesn't make them wrong, so maybe you just take these things into account. 

Just had a good long look at my video footage, Cook loses it as he starts to come out of bend two and his bike clatters into Morris. Doesn't look like any intent whatsoever but he should not have been in the re-run.

Edited by TonyE
Link to YouTube video mentioned by Daytripper

34 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Just had a good long look at my video footage, Cook loses it as he starts to come out of bend two and his bike clatters into Morris. Doesn't look like any intent whatsoever but he should not have been in the re-run.

There is a Farewell To Arena video on YouTube which shows the crash in normal time and in slow motion at about 10.25.The camera has an unrestricted view. Craig definitely went down on his own, nobody touching him and his bike took Nick out.Bad referring decision, but all’s well that ends well. Nick not seriously hurt, Lakeside won the match by 10, and the ever popular Richard Lawson fittingly won the las ever race.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, waco said:

Cris Gay was the official ref last night and is notorious for holding the tapes to long he ruins every meeting he runs,,,,the riders hate him ,,and its about time he was removed from the lists..but unfortunately the powers that  be who are killing speedway in this country will do nothing about this or anything else that sees fans disappearing at an alarming rate.....

With the current shortage of referees, and not enough trainees completing the inductions, the 'powers that be' will not be doing anything for awhile.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

With the current shortage of referees, and not enough trainees completing the inductions, the 'powers that be' will not be doing anything for awhile.

Not sure what can be done. If people are not willing to come forward then it creates a problem. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eyejay said:

Not sure what can be done. If people are not willing to come forward then it creates a problem. 

Yes, despite ref Ronnie Allan retiring due to age, they have waived the age limit, and allowed him to return to duties. It also means now Referees need to take on more meetings, which in some cases it suits some refs.