British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Peterborough 14/09/18 7:30pm Ch

When was Lamberts stag do - last night?

Still all suffering? :P

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Brilliant, Ully has his flymo bikes back it seems, we're screwed if he carries on scoring like that (Yes he's still getting race fit, well aware of that, before anyone says!)

He's obviously not fit and to turn up with ill prepared equipment is very unprofessional Ged should tell him to get back on the sick list and get himself fit and get is bike's sorted as he's letting the side down , just simply not good enough.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

He's obviously not fit and to turn up with ill prepared equipment is very unprofessional Ged should tell him to get back on the sick list and get himself fit and get is bike's sorted as he's letting the side down , just simply not good enough.

Shambles so far. By far in the worst position going into the play offs. 

Amazing how BWD & MPT are scoring well in the PL and yet are below average in the CL at the moment, worst team in the play offs by far 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

Well done to the Comets. Annnd another win.

I like the Panthers, but Glad to see my other home team win again and Play offs here they come.

Many wrote the Comets off last season, but this season they certainly turned heads.

• Like 3

Well done worky qualifying and overcoming the weather,injuries,the self interest brigade,stupid bloody rules,red tape,one law for one,nl guests,we may not win it but what a super effort against all the odds 

• Like 5

well done Worky, Rasser we are not worthy:approve:,  Rene back to his veery best, hope Nicolai is ok. after a nasty fall.

Thanks to all the riders tonight riding in difficult conditions.

• Like 1

if theres a team at Workington next year rasser suerly must be the first to be offered a contract 

wasn't there a rule in the past where you cant replace a replacement ?

ht 13 Jordan stewart replaced ulrich then in rerun stewart wasn't fit so Garcia took his place ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

if theres a team at Workington next year rasser suerly must be the first to be offered a contract 

wasn't there a rule in the past where you cant replace a replacement ?

ht 13 Jordan stewart replaced ulrich then in rerun stewart wasn't fit so Garcia took his place ?

Don't that rule perfectly legal as far as i'm  concerned, he was replaced by a reserve after taking a tumble , with no advantage to gain  as the match was over and done with anyway. Well done for making the play offs maybe we will meet in semi's and put on a better show than what we did tonight.

• Like 1

A big well done to the track staff for ensuring the meeting went ahead after all the  rain during the past couple of days, and to all the riders from both sides for giving it a go. Hopefully no-one picked up any serious injuries.

Into the play offs we go then, and still in 2 cup competitions - not too shabby for a TEAM that many had written off before the season had started and who have had to overcome a number of obstacles put before them this year.

It would be nice to get Ty back from injury which would give us a fighting chance against anyone.

Bring em on!

• Like 3

Not up to the high standard of meetings I have seen at Workington this season but the fact that it went ahead at all is commendable, particularly after it chucked it down about an hour before the start. Might have been a few wobbly moments but, in reality, the Comets always looked like winning against a Peterborough team that didn't seem that interested. 

Huge credit to all the riders, though, for getting on with it without complaint. I am sure that we can all think of some that would have voiced opinions in no uncertain terms.

The speed at which the meeting was run was all important, because just after heat 15 it absolutely threw it down, and did so several times on the way back. Again, credit to all concerned. 

I thought Steve Whitehead overstated it a bit but there's no doubt that Workington have been treated pretty shabbily this season by both the BSPA and other championship teams. For that reason, and the fact that they a brilliant little club, its fantastic to see them make it to the play offs :approve:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not up to the high standard of meetings I have seen at Workington this season but the fact that it went ahead at all is commendable, particularly after it chucked it down about an hour before the start. Might have been a few wobbly moments but, in reality, the Comets always looked like winning against a Peterborough team that didn't seem that interested. 

Huge credit to all the riders, though, for getting on with it without complaint. I am sure that we can all think of some that would have voiced opinions in no uncertain terms.

The speed at which the meeting was run was all important, because just after heat 15 it absolutely threw it down, and did so several times on the way back. Again, credit to all concerned. 

I thought Steve Whitehead overstated it a bit but there's no doubt that Workington have been treated pretty shabbily this season by both the BSPA and other championship teams. For that reason, and the fact that they a brilliant little club, its fantastic to see them make it to the play offs :approve:

Thanks Halifaxtiger . Your posts are always on the money for me. Yeah the racing not great last night but it was the result that mattered. There hax been some crackers recently though and i'm hoping we will see a few more before the season draws to a close.

Lambert's marital sub. proved to be better than he would have been - as expected it strengthened P'boro. Another rule bites the dust.

• Like 1

%100 excitement inside the ground and outside the ground .! ! !. ..  i thought Peterborough  were a bit slow @ times during the meeting or were Workington just a bit quicker . track was good when things settled down and gave us a good racing surface . main thing is we got the points and deserved to be in the top 4 play offs . track staff done a great job with the track and all riders deserve a huge well done . 

• Like 1