British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Peterborough 14/09/18 7:30pm Ch

We did it :party: They tried everything but failed to stop us getting there , so proud of the boys , Rasmus has been awesome this season , Rene back to his old self , hopefully we can get Ty back for the playoffs , and Nicolai okay after his chain snapping last night . Well done boys you deserve it :approve:

• Like 1

Was watching updates from Greece was a bit nail biting towards the end and bandit's trying to muscle in as well, onwards and upwards for mighty comets. Now got a minimum of 4 meetings or if we reach all the finals a maximum of 12 meetings (if we can fit them all in ) must be an incentive for riders 12 more pay days,  come on comets we can do it !! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

We did it :party: They tried everything but failed to stop us getting there , so proud of the boys , Rasmus has been awesome this season , Rene back to his old self , hopefully we can get Ty back for the playoffs , and Nicolai okay after his chain snapping last night . Well done boys you deserve it :approve:

Comets absolutely deserved it all things considered, and would not be surprised if they went on to win it now...

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I am pretty sure that I cannot be the only one who had noticed the quite superb irony that the three tracks treated so shamefully as regards race nights have all made the play offs :D:approve:

Correct. You're not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I am pretty sure that I cannot be the only one who had noticed the quite superb irony that the three tracks treated so shamefully as regards race nights have all made the play offs :D:approve:

I'm all for renaming the Play Offs as the "Up Yours" Trophy ! We can all change our race night music to "Friday On My Mind" Muck fe even Robinson Crusoe can ride on Friday !!!!!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Yet another reason that Godfrey ( and Chapman ) need to consider their position and stand down from their BSPA senior roles.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Yet another reason that Godfrey ( and Chapman ) need to consider their position and stand down from their BSPA senior roles.

I keep shouting this from the rooftops mate..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, due to Peterborough beating Lakeside tonight, the Comets have been denied the chance of topping the league table !

It would have been brilliant...but heyho.

5 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Sadly, due to Peterborough beating Lakeside tonight, the Comets have been denied the chance of topping the league table !

It would have been brilliant...but heyho.

A good win at rough park and at home to lakeside and we could finish top but not in time for the pick in the playoffs. If we face glasgow 5 and 6 october good weekend to race them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

A good win at rough park and at home to lakeside and we could finish top but not in time for the pick in the playoffs. If we face glasgow 5 and 6 october good weekend to race them!

It would be good dates for you but i hazzard a guess that it wont be those dates.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It would be good dates for you but i hazzard a guess that it wont be those dates.

I can't see Peterborough picking anyone but Lakeside given their win last night.

That means that it definitely won't be 5/6 October, because Cook will be at Torun.

What's wrong with 29/30 September ? 

I am actually surprised it hasn't already been sorted. In the premiership, we knew King's Lynn had picked Belle Vue about 30 minutes after Heat 15 of the Somerset match.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

2 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I can't see Peterborough picking anyone but Lakeside given their win last night.

That means that it definitely won't be 5/6 October, because Cook will be at Torun.

What's wrong with 29/30 September ? 

I agree end of the month would be ideal for both clubs , assuming that is the way it pans out.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Halifaxtiger said:

and 2 off the main tracks that make life difficult for others didn't 

nice to see Berwick finish so strong 

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I agree end of the month would be ideal for both clubs , assuming that is the way it pans out.

Ideal for me, too.

I can make those but nothing later :D