Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Peterborough 14/09/18 7:30pm Ch

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jenga said:

any . news on the outstanding lakeside meeting ?

 

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Will not take place before the cut off, but will have to be run sometime this season I expect.

With a poor forecast for tomorrow, and a depleted side at Newcastle, (Without our top 3), I do hope the failure to run this meeting doesn't cost Workington a place in the play-offs.

Edinburgh will be rubbing their hands more than anybody if we don't get those vital 3 points against Peterborough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Hamblin reports in an article in SS that Ben Barker guests for Dan. It would appear  on the face of it then that he has given backword. I await official confIrmation on this but it looks like very poor form indeed by rider and club. If you accept a guest booking then it's fair to say that should be binding. 

Workington forced to use NL guests for heat leaders having to ride in Poland yet the Panthers get a facility for a rider getting married during the season. Something smells somewhere and it always seems to be the same promotions looking to morally undermine the sport . 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Tim Hamblin reports in an article in SS that Ben Barker guests for Dan. It would appear  on the face of it then that he has given backword. I await official confIrmation on this but it looks like very poor form indeed by rider and club. If you accept a guest booking then it's fair to say that should be binding. 

Workington forced to use NL guests for heat leaders having to ride in Poland yet the Panthers get a facility for a rider getting married during the season. Something smells somewhere and it always seems to be the same promotions looking to morally undermine the sport . 

 

Maybe Peterborough have objected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Please tell me how Peterborough can get a guest facility for someone getting married where’s that in the rule book ?  :rolleyes: And as for Barker , well I can’t say on here what I think him to start with , but I really hope he has a rubbishter and never wears a Comets bib again,   never liked the little ....(poo)  :angry:

 

Look, Ben has special needs you can't discriminate against him like that.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think Barker is a Peterborough assett? Maybe that's why he is riding for them.

I spoke to him after  he rode for us 2 weeks ago and he said he was doing all our home meetings rest of season !

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

 

With a poor forecast for tomorrow, and a depleted side at Newcastle, (Without our top 3), I do hope the failure to run this meeting doesn't cost Workington a place in the play-offs.

Edinburgh will be rubbing their hands more than anybody if we don't get those vital 3 points against Peterborough. 

Is Rene missing too on Sunday ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

 

With a poor forecast for tomorrow, and a depleted side at Newcastle, (Without our top 3), I do hope the failure to run this meeting doesn't cost Workington a place in the play-offs.

Edinburgh will be rubbing their hands more than anybody if we don't get those vital 3 points against Peterborough. 

 

14 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Is Rene missing too on Sunday ? 

No, Rene is there I hope!

By top three I meant using the current green sheet averages (Nicolai 7.35, Ty 6.92, and Dan 6.77) Rene has a current green sheet average of 6.55.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seems to be one obstacle after another,we seem to clear one and then there's a bigger one waiting, seems clear to me everyone and his dog doesn't want us in the playoffs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to hope comets beat the pussycat's and Glasgow win at Lakeside then think we are in top 4, but my brain could be puddled by 2 much Greek ouzo :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neila said:

Got to hope comets beat the pussycat's and Glasgow win at Lakeside then think we are in top 4, but my brain could be puddled by 2 much Greek ouzo :)

Providing Berwick dont get 4 points at Edinburgh, the Comets will be in the top 4 IF they beat Peterborough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yellow and black said:

Team news from the Peterborough perspective anyhow

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3472

 

Seems like our lined-up guest has jumped ship!

 

It was reported locally that Ben Barker was guesting for WORKINGTON on Friday. Now he is at number 1 for the Panthers!

 

Ben Barker was in the Derwent Lounge after the meeting last week, and he was asked directly if he was guesting FOR US in the Peterborough Meeting ? 

His answer was a definite YES.

So what the hell is going on here ?   This smacks of something underhand !

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Ben Barker was in the Derwent Lounge after the meeting last week, and he was asked directly if he was guesting FOR US in the Peterborough Meeting ? 

His answer was a definite YES.

So what the hell is going on here ?   This smacks of something underhand !

 

Never liked him , he's a selfish little .... on and off track , one good thing at least I don;t have to shout for him !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get this on don't want any teams from further North over on the East coast and there name beginning with an E slipping in the back door.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy