British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Berwick SGB Championship 14th September, 2018, 7.30pm

6 hours ago, cyclone said:

Congratulations in the following order:-

1. To the Bandits who adapted to the conditions right away & gave the home side a gating lesson over the first seven heats to build up a 16 points lead which was sufficient to ensure a final 6 point victory, despite being unable to win another heat over the remaining eight.

2. To the ref & the riders of both sides who were prepared to delay the start till 8 pm and then served up some decent races, including a memorable heat  13 contest. .  Special mention to ref Willie Dishington who kept proceedings running smoothly tonight, and also at Ashfield on Tuesday, completing both meeting in under one & half hours:t:  

3. And last, but not least, to the track staff who incredibly managed to produce a decent racing strip after more than 12 hours of intermittent heavy rain beforehand, culminating in another deluge just before seven.The fact that they salvaged an apparently lost cause in less than an hour, was I believe, appreciated by those present and at least offers the Bandits the opportunity to stay in the hunt for a Play_Off place. 

Good post totally agree with all the above

• Like 2

Well I`ll be, an away win at Edinburgh, one of the wonders of the World.:approve:

• Like 1

Mr hunter takes great delight that the bandits only took 3 points and not 4 , is he the  most biast reporter the sport has ?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Mr hunter takes great delight that the bandits only took 3 points and not 4 , is he the  most biast reporter the sport has ?

To be fair it’s a very fair and gracious match report, although the use of the word ‘we’ should be banned from the website of any professional sports team/club.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

What an arsey couple of posts. What percentage of the Edinburgh support do you think live in Armadale? 

It’s just being respectful to your opposing fans to provide weather updates when someone asks for god sake, doesn’t matter anyways, we came, we saw, we conquered, pumped off your two local rivals in the space of 4 days and one was at the fortress. 

Mr Anderson I thought you won the league last week? Now you’s arn’t even in the play offs? What went wrong? Embarrassing collapse 

8 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

One word... pumped

Get it up yissssss

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I like this post .

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I like this post .

Me too! Expect the unexpected - sometimes. Egg all over the face comes to mind.

Well done banditos. Certainly never a nailed on victory when they turn up.  Seen a few meetings we expected to win and they pop up with a win.  

Onto the KOC now.  

• Like 1

looking at this result its got to be in the bandits all time list of results . well done to our border rivals and thank you for that result . you deserve it .

Edited by jenga
forgot to space words ..

Congratulations to Berwick, their riders attacked the track from ht 1 and got the result they deserved. Theo was the trump card

Plaudits to the track staff (I would never have believed it would go ahead having been there from 5pm) and to Willie Dishington for rattling the meeting through in an amazing time

I’m not having a go at our riders as, although they took too long to get going, they never gave up. Early bath for us but hey ho, that’s Speedway. KO cup time ........

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Congratulations to Berwick, their riders attacked the track from ht 1 and got the result they deserved. Theo was the trump card

Plaudits to the track staff (I would never have believed it would go ahead having been there from 5pm) and to Willie Dishington for rattling the meeting through in an amazing time

I’m not having a go at our riders as, although they took too long to get going, they never gave up. Early bath for us but hey ho, that’s Speedway. KO cup time ........

Congrats to all concerned,but it does make you wonder why this effort to get the meeting on is not replicated sometimes in the middle of the season.Everybody knew it was last chance salon for both Teams,and the attitude was different from riders(or were they told to get on with it).The Posponed Berwick match earlier in the season the sun was out 1/2 hour after it was called off.Double standard from Promotions and Riders IMO .Well done to the Bandits.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Time to bring the KOC home.

What was it Graham Muncie said on Rock Sport Radio this week "Who remembers who won the KO Cup it is all about the league"

Ha Ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, snapper said:

What was it Graham Muncie said on Rock Sport Radio this week "Who remembers who won the KO Cup it is all about the league"

Ha Ha

Looking forward to listening in to this weeks episode of tapes up, nice for us to have bragging rights for a change

5 minutes ago, snapper said:

Ha Ha

If Berwick lose and Lakeside rained off or lose then Edinburgh are probably in the playoffs.

Wait until later on before celebrating.:drink: