British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Buxton and Mildenhall Monday 17th September (7.30pm)

Coventry Bees doing all they can to get their fixtures in before the cut off point.

45 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Coventry Bees doing all they can to get their fixtures in before the cut off point.

I hope they do....otherwise we've got to ride...... with more guests than a Jonathan Ross show !

55 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

This date hasn’t just been plucked out of thin air though, so why such a late arrangement?!

Got a serious sniff of the play offs now so i guess cramming the meetings in. If they were out of the running would a Monday night have been tried?

On 9/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Got a serious sniff of the play offs now so i guess cramming the meetings in. If they were out of the running would a Monday night have been tried?

Probably true, but Coventry have had a decent sniff for a couple of weeks now. 

• Like 1

Having to negotiate with Leicester to run on a Monday is probably another reason why it was arranged late.

I see updates have Clegg at number 1, is Connor Mountain out injured ?

16 hours ago, jrs said:

I see updates have Clegg at number 1, is Connor Mountain out injured ?

Yes collarbone injury from his crash last week. Meetings went pretty much as expected beating Buxton and losing to Mildenhall. If we didn't have such a poor start v Mildenhall it could've been close. From heat 4 onwards we matched them.

• Like 2

So does anybody know what's the score regarding the playoffs . can't see Buxton fitting the bees or Brum in now before the cutoff

6 minutes ago, adonis said:

So does anybody know what's the score regarding the playoffs . can't see Buxton fitting the bees or Brum in now before the cutoff

Based on current points & fixtures as i see it Mildenhall, Eastbourne & Kent definitely in. Brum definitely out. Plymouth MUST beat Stoke & Buxton and score 114+ points from those two meetings to dislodge Coventry which is a tall order (although exciting as hell if they stuff Stoke)  

22 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Based on current points & fixtures as i see it Mildenhall, Eastbourne & Kent definitely in. Brum definitely out. Plymouth MUST beat Stoke & Buxton and score 114+ points from those two meetings to dislodge Coventry which is a tall order (although exciting as hell if they stuff Stoke)  

If Birmingham get a point at Mildenhall on Sunday they will go ahead of Coventry on points difference.

Losing 48-42 Brum will be +86. Coventry are +83.

• Thanks 1