British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Play Off Run In

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Can see the possibility  2 or 3 teams ending on the same points by the cut off date, does it then go to points difference or is there some other formula? 

it's on points as was explained  at 'half time' by the new commercial manager , eastbourne's are very favourably from the sound of it especially after last night.

1 minute ago, gee jay said:

it's on points as was explained  at 'half time' by the new commercial manager , eastbourne's are very favourably from the sound of it especially after last night.

Sorry,  didn't hear it,  in that case as their difference is far better than the other 3,  baring two unlikely events, a Birmingham win at Mildenhall, and a big loss by Eastie at home to Mildenhall together reckon Eastie should be through with Kent and Coventry if they take all points against Buxton.  

10 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Sorry,  didn't hear it,  in that case as their difference is far better than the other 3,  baring two unlikely events, a Birmingham win at Mildenhall, and a big loss by Eastie at home to Mildenhall together reckon Eastie should be through with Kent and Coventry if they take all points against Buxton.  

i don't think a home defeat to mildenhall is out of the question  but a big enough win , i doubt it as the points difference did sound big. i don't even know if baseby and powell are back from their jollies by next saturday . not surprised you missed the announcement as by half time a large percentage of the kids appeared to have become bored and were running back and fore , kicking the bins and each other ,wrestling and generally having a merry old time. shame about the damage to the 3rd bend toilets.  any conspiracy theorists out there see a ' bad day at the office' for the fen tigers against the brummies ?   ;)

With the rain at Buxton today, barring any freak results, that's Eastbourne & Kent in the POs with all Coventry needing to do is hope their home doule header tomorrow night beats the weather and then they'll beat Buxton.

Weather forecast for Leicester good tomorrow with no rain.    

Presume Mildenhall will avoid picking Eastbourne in the semi's as their only loss this season was at Arlington in the Trophy and possibly in the league to come.

Hope they take Kent as we already have them in the KO Cup and Coventry will be a change.

9 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Weather forecast for Leicester good tomorrow with no rain.    

Presume Mildenhall will avoid picking Eastbourne in the semi's as their only loss this season was at Arlington in the Trophy and possibly in the league to come.

Hope they take Kent as we already have them in the KO Cup and Coventry will be a change.

The bees have already been to Arlington twice this season, so it's hardly a change.

Eastbourne now confirmed unless something weird happens, Dugard Jnr didn’t need his extension. Mildenhall v Eastbourne in both finals. I reckon mildy will pick Kent 

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

Yep, i think if i was mildys boss thats where i would go

I agree, Coventry could be tricky if you ain't making the starts.

So that's the Brummies post-season put into doubt following the abandonment of the meeting at Buxton. Doubtful if this fixture can now be re-run before the cut-off date.

Now Coventry Bees need points from TWO meetings against Buxton, if they are to get into the play-offs.

Only in British Speedway can a team that's not won a meeting all year have such a profound influence and impact on the top of the league table.

So Buxton have manged to race against a mere 3 teams in one of the hottest summers on record. Along with Stoke there is no way either club should be considered in any professional/semi-professional set up going forwards.  What a shambles.

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1

As a club i like Buxton and have no axe to grind with them however 3 planned home fixtures during June & July certainly does not help the case. Add in the three home meetings that took place in May were National Trophy matches it adds further fuel to the fire that these competitions should be placed at the tail end of the season and not at the start. 

• Like 2

Some posters have put the lack of fixtures during June/July down to not wanting to run against the Football World Cup. Have they heard of a "Record Button" at home. This has happened in all 3 leagues & every year has come up against CL Pairs, Cardiff GP, World Cup & The CL 4's in July. Surely, running some meetings with a possible loss of a few fans is better than running later in the year where "fans" will miss meetings due to being "pied off".

• Like 1

I wonder what the league table would lookl like if the Buxton and Stoke fixtures were expunged, as only riding and losing in half your fixtures favours some teams who are making a genuine effort as opposed to others who are similarly making a genine effort but who are being denied the chance of scoring league points by the ineptitude of the two joke teams in question.