British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leander

Lakeside ripping off Newcastle fans.

7 minutes ago, leander said:

I see on the Lakeside website that rain-off tickets issued when the original league match v Newcastle was abandoned without a wheel being turned are NOT valid for the return fixture on Saturday because it's a double header!!!! So Newcastle fans who forked out £17:00 + £3:00 for a naff program are expected to pay another £25:00 this Saturday to watch their team on top of another lot of travel expenses. 

Oh but we can use our re-admission tickets for any other match. Yea right. Like I'm going to travel another 500 miles to watch them race somebody else.

Jon Cook you should hang your head in shame. DAMN DISGRACE.

phone or e-mail the club they should be able to reimburse you.

Yes that is not fair on anyone, they should have had the option of using the rained off program as part admission for the double header, how much extra surplus is fair for a double header? well £10-12 probably.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leander said:

I see on the Lakeside website that rain-off tickets issued when the original league match v Newcastle was abandoned without a wheel being turned are NOT valid for the return fixture on Saturday because it's a double header!!!! So Newcastle fans who forked out £17:00 + £3:00 for a naff program are expected to pay another £25:00 this Saturday to watch their team on top of another lot of travel expenses. 

Oh but we can use our re-admission tickets for any other match. Yea right. Like I'm going to travel another 500 miles to watch them race somebody else.

Keep your re-admission ticket for the £17 meeting, take a photocopy (at work, if you haven't got one at home) and then post off the original to Lakeside speedway, with a quick word of explanation. 

I've done it with other tracks, where I've been a long-distance supporter, with no chance of getting back that year to another meeting.  I've always got a refund.

If you email them beforehand, I'm sure they will confirm this is OK. 

Edited by lucifer sam

I applied and got a refund for the Newcastle meeting, I sent off the original tickets but kept a photocopy and also sent them recorded delivery so they had to be signed for but as the home meeting at Lakeside tonight will be the last one there I'd either phone or email them ASAP if I was you and check the address of where to apply for your refund.

14 minutes ago, marko said:

Yes that is not fair on anyone, they should have had the option of using the rained off program as part admission for the double header, how much extra surplus is fair for a double header? well £10-12 probably.

I know. I would have no objection to paying the difference between £17:00 and the £ 25:00 for the double-header, even though I'm unlikely to stop for the second match with a five hour+ drive home. 

Having said that just re-reading the Hammers program and nowhere does it have the (I thought) obligatory Health and Safety notice or rain-off details. However, the official BSPA which all clubs should have signed up to is " If it is necessary to abandon the meeting before the completion of heat 10,  you will entitled to reduced admission at ANY one future meeting this season in the Premier League/Cup."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leander said:

You can send you ticket to the club with your details and they will give you your money back. It will be on the website somewhere mate.

2 hours ago, leander said:

I would say vow to never go to Lakeside again but.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Keep your re-admission ticket for the £17 meeting, take a photocopy (at work, if you haven't got one at home) and then post off the original to Lakeside speedway, with a quick word of explanation. 

I've done it with other tracks, where I've been a long-distance supporter, with no chance of getting back that year to another meeting.  I've always got a refund.

If you email them beforehand, I'm sure they will confirm this is OK. 

But that's not the point though is it.

By paying my £17:00 on the original date I entered into a contract with Lakeside part of which is I accept that no money will be refunded should the meeting be abandoned before heat 10. On their part they agree that I can receive an appropriate reduction on ANY Lakeside fixture this season or next (Like i'm gonna risk that). So technically they are in breach of contract. All because deducting £17 from £25 is too difficult for them to manage!!!!!

Why should I have to go to the added time and expense to photocopy, post, etc. my ticket off in the hope that they'll refund it, having arranged time and travel to go to the rematch expecting them to honour the agreement.

• Like 2

Maybe Lakeside should honour any £17 ticket for the double header, given that they have changed the venue and fans might still be prepared to turn up, as a 'good will' gesture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leander said:

But that's not the point though is it.

By paying my £17:00 on the original date I entered into a contract with Lakeside part of which is I accept that no money will be refunded should the meeting be abandoned before heat 10. On their part they agree that I can receive an appropriate reduction on ANY Lakeside fixture this season or next (Like i'm gonna risk that). So technically they are in breach of contract. All because deducting £17 from £25 is too difficult for them to manage!!!!!

Why should I have to go to the added time and expense to photocopy, post, etc. my ticket off in the hope that they'll refund it, having arranged time and travel to go to the rematch expecting them to honour the agreement.

Why not test it in court. Firstly apply directly to the company running the sport at Arena for a refund plus consequential losses (travel cost etc.) and do this in in writing and it is always useful to attach an invoice with any receipts. Include a claim for fuel either by value or on a per pence per mile or receipts for public transport.  Ask that they reply within seven days of the date of claim. If no response send a final demand and then if nothing happens within seven days file a claim through the small claims court. If you know their bank another option is available whereby you can send invoice and a bill of exchange and in the covering instructions to their bank request noting and protesting in the event of non acceptance/payment. Other than the foregoing, you simply accept the situation and unfortunately accept the loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Why not test it in court. Firstly apply directly to the company running the sport at Arena for a refund plus consequential losses (travel cost etc.) and do this in in writing and it is always useful to attach an invoice with any receipts. Include a claim for fuel either by value or on a per pence per mile or receipts for public transport.  Ask that they reply within seven days of the date of claim. If no response send a final demand and then if nothing happens within seven days file a claim through the small claims court. If you know their bank another option is available whereby you can send invoice and a bill of exchange and in the covering instructions to their bank request noting and protesting in the event of non acceptance/payment. Other than the foregoing, you simply accept the situation and unfortunately accept the loss.

Whatever happened to Barrack Room lawyers. :(

Newcastle fans should be used to paying for double headers one last week at Workington, one tomorrow at Rye House and again another one next week at Workington .... Expensive hobby watching Newcastle these days 

Common sense would surely be to let Newcastle fans use their tickets and pay the difference.

• Like 5