British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leander

Lakeside ripping off Newcastle fans.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Common sense would surely be to let Newcastle fans use their tickets and pay the difference.

Which is what I am quite happy to do. How is it logistically difficult to accept a rain-off ticket worth £ 17 + £8 cash.

12 minutes ago, leander said:

Which is what I am quite happy to do. How is it logistically difficult to accept a rain-off ticket worth £ 17 + £8 cash.

It may involve thinking ?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Common sense would surely be to let Newcastle fans use their tickets and pay the difference.

Common decency would let them in full stop for just their ticket

Anyone prepared to make 2nd trip of that distance deserves to see Peterborough for free

Wouldnt be too hard to sort out who was genuine

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Whatever happened to Barrack Room lawyers. :(

Regrettably I am well qualified to suggest options for seeking recompense in such situations and have used these methods to good effect to get paid where certain parties are in default or breach of contract. Before you use such phrases make sure you know what they mean and then how to defend your position in similar circumstances. Far too many role over and allow others to take the moral high ground when the hard reality is that an individual feels they have been taken advantage of and suffered a loss and seeks redress. What is the issue with that scenario?

25 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Redundancy?  Retirement? 

Simply bowing to pressure and give up on the back of those who think they are better than the average punter. If either of the descriptive terms you use apply to individuals, fill your boots. I would still seek redress whatever as far too many are being ripped off.

It is interesting that Lakeside are giving the Peterborough fans a chance to pay for only one meeting but not accepting the Newcastle fans rain-off tickets.

The simple thing would have been to run the meetings in the other order but that would have meant a late finish before a long journey for Newcastle fans and left the Peterborough fans forced to watch a meeting they probably have no interest in. 

Of course, better fixture planning that stops double headers being needed would solve the problem! 

13 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Speedway??  Ripped off fans?? Never.

They do as much as they can to naff what's left of speedway fans off.

Goes with the territory! Always has done and always will ( for the few years UK speedway has left in it's current format ). Some promoters seem to have little or no idea of how to handle their customers in a fair, decent and just way. If they are prepared to offer refunds as the law demands they should say so clearly. They hope that supporters with genuine gripes will just "go away" and of course that is what 50% of the crowds of five years ago have done. Punter power exists!

14 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

Simply bowing to pressure and give up on the back of those who think they are better than the average punter. If either of the descriptive terms you use apply to individuals, fill your boots. I would still seek redress whatever as far too many are being ripped off.

It appears you did not read my post nor 'get' what I actually said.  It appears to have sailed overhead.  You answered a question I in fact did not ask.  Lighthearted humour (my post) was met with misplaced seriousness (your "response") that had nothing to do with my post at all.  Clue: think puns and what was actually quoted from your original post within my post.  Tip for today, if you are going to respond to a post do actually read it first. B) 

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Like 1

I can understand fans,,being very annoyed at our very professional promoters for the way they screw every last penny they can get out of them.. And then expect the offended fans to  continue to support them...???????????????ugh

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

How about they allow Newcastle supporters to use the ticket at Newcastle then Lakeside reimburse Newcastle. Equally those who want to leave after the first match pay for the double header then be reimbursed the difference at the turnstiles as they leave. Everyone happy no one ripped off or is that logistically too difficult for a Speedway Promotion to cope with. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

How about they allow Newcastle supporters to use the ticket at Newcastle then Lakeside reimburse Newcastle. Equally those who want to leave after the first match pay for the double header then be reimbursed the difference at the turnstiles as they leave. Everyone happy no one ripped off or is that logistically too difficult for a Speedway Promotion to cope with. 

Ya just complicating things now ;)