British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

A good idea would be to give newcastle fans some money back if they left before the next meeting

Say £8 when producing ticket on leaving or option of free food and drink to see 2nd meeting

Think Ged Rathbone should pay the Newcastle fans the £8 for having to watch Peterborough at the moment

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Think Ged Rathbone should pay the Newcastle fans the £8 for having to watch Peterborough at the moment

Could he afford it ? ;₩

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Could he afford it ? ;₩

What would he need? £120 £160?

Cant have been great numbers involved (which makes Lakesides position even more ridiculous)

• Like 1

After last night's marathon, I'm getting myself prepared for another one tonight. Anything earlier than a 11pm finish will be a bonus. Hopefully a decent crowd will turn up to support it.

For those of us who don't drive, the last train back into London is at 11.50. Surely even Lakeside can finish the meeting in time for that? 

11 minutes ago, Bryce said:

For those of us who don't drive, the last train back into London is at 11.50. Surely even Lakeside can finish the meeting in time for that? 

Don't hold your breath.

R/R being run in both meetings and, for the Newcastle one, used by both sides. That is bound to prolong the evening.

A bit of general info for those of you who've not been to Rye before. Personally I don't think the catering is as good as you had at the Arena, also the toilets aren't good and lastly I saw a few people with dogs last night they aren't allowed in at Rye even if kept on a lead. That said let's hope we have a good night of Speedway, that Lakeside can win both meetings and fingers crossed the evening will end before 11pm.

Could this be the first meeting to go on past midnight,,not impossible with the minimal medical care tracks can afford these days,,It will be tough for the Hammers with probably two team members missing ,and two meetings to get through,,We have to hope that they are both good safe matches tonight,,

24 minutes ago, waco said:

Could this be the first meeting to go on past midnight,,not impossible with the minimal medical care tracks can afford these days,,It will be tough for the Hammers with probably two team members missing ,and two meetings to get through,,We have to hope that they are both good safe matches tonight,,

I've been to double headers at White City that went on past midnight. Hopefully we will be finished before the witching hour tonight!