British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

I can't go as I will be working tonight but I cannot imagine this meeting being allowed to go beyond 11pm with so many houses near by, I know there is no curfew as such but I wouldn't be surprised if the second meeting is called after ten heats.

City Rebel your showing your age with White City,,.i remember seeing Hans Nielsen riding there a long time ago...that one did not go past midnight ,,thank God............And Marko. you could well be right about 10 heats in match two........

Edited by waco
add on

3 minutes ago, marko said:

I can't go as I will be working tonight but I cannot imagine this meeting being allowed to go beyond 11pm with so many houses near by, I know there is no curfew as such but I wouldn't be surprised if the second meeting is called after ten heats.

One of the main reasons I’m not bothering. Pay full whack to watch a team I’m not interested in (no offence Newcastle) and then possibly only see a handful of heats with the panthers in it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, waco said:

City Rebel your showing your age with White City,,.i remember seeing Hans Nielsen riding there a long time ago...that one did not go past midnight ,,thank God............And Marko. you could well be right about 10 heats in match two........

I started at a young age, so i go back further than that. I went to the last ever meeting at West Ham and the first at Arena. It's very rare for one track to close, and another to reopen the following night. I hope the move is a success for the club.

Zach has been withdrawn from tonight's meetings. Jack Thomas replaces him for the Newcastle match and Matthew Wethers against Peterborough. Anders Rowe is named #8 for both.

Edited by tocha

Dont recall ever seeing different guests being used for one team in a double header they normally use the same guest.

18 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Dont recall ever seeing different guests being used for one team in a double header they normally use the same guest.

It's a good thing though. If anything happens in the first meeting another replacement is available immediately. 

3 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

One of the main reasons I’m not bothering. Pay full whack to watch a team I’m not interested in (no offence Newcastle) and then possibly only see a handful of heats with the panthers in it

I can think of a lot of fans thinking exactly the same, this should have had an earlier start time. They haven’t exactly done their best to attract Newcastle fans either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waco said:

Could this be the first meeting to go on past midnight,,not impossible with the minimal medical care tracks can afford these days,,It will be tough for the Hammers with probably two team members missing ,and two meetings to get through,,We have to hope that they are both good safe matches tonight,,

Could be the second ever Kings Lynn v Ipswich in either 98 or 99 finished at 15 minutes past midnight.....

4 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

i'll be shocked if panthers don't get at least a point , but panthers being  the 2nd match im swerving also

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's a good thing though. If anything happens in the first meeting another replacement is available immediately. 

Matt Wethers is there riding for Newcastle same as Wilkinson  who guests for Panthers, so expect hes seen as the better option to guest than Jack Thomas in the second match,which could make Thomas think stuff you im not coming

It should have been a 6pm start tonight. Next Sundays 2pm and 7pm starts could cause problems, if there are racing delays or traffic hold ups.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hans fan said:

i'll be shocked if panthers don't get at least a point , but panthers being  the 2nd match im swerving also

Alot may depend on Grondal and his past liking of the Rye track 

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Alot may depend on Grondal and his past liking of the Rye track 

has looked a natural round there in the past