British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Panthers will not get anything out of this with 2 absolutely naff reserves they have no chance , surprised they didn't go for Broc Nicol  but I suppose Wilkinson was the easy option.  10+ defeat I believe especially if Ostergaard is on his flymo's again.

Broc Nicol was ruled out under the 8 day rule. Our choice of guests did quite nicely though

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What were the crowd levels like ? Many lakeside fans or more Rye house fans present tonight ? 

I'd say more lakeside than Rye fans, quite a few neutrals, and a decent turnout of Panthers fans. Wether tonight's crowd level is sustainable, only time will tell.

• Thanks 1

Sadly, due to Peterborough beating Lakeside tonight, the Comets have been denied the chance of topping the league table !

It would have been brilliant...but heyho.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Broc Nicol was ruled out under the 8 day rule. Our choice of guests did quite nicely though

Have to agree with that they certainly did more than anybody would have expected of them , but I don't think Lakeside will be quite so easy to beat in our weekly home and away events , I am sure they will want to salvage some pride after rolling over Saturday night and will be better prepared and aware of what certain riders can do around Rye House.

Rye was it's usual slick self tonight, and Jon Cook said some work needed to be done to the track before the next meeting. I would also suggest less tractor breaks to keep the show moving. It was never like this at Lakeside!

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Ostergaard  has a history of letting the Panthers down in Important fixtures going back to his first spell with Panthers .We would have been better off using R/R

Ridiculous comment. Ully has been a fantastic servant to the club. He just needs some Time to recover from the injury he’s had.

6 minutes ago, Sully said:

Ridiculous comment. Ully has been a fantastic servant to the club. He just needs some Time to recover from the injury he’s had.

It's not a ridiculous comment at all. Nobody is mocking his commitment but i think it's time over this winter to thank him for that and go our seperate ways the same applies to Lambert.  Hopefully as treble winners

• Like 1

what a smashing result for the panthers , deserved table toppers . looks like you are going to pick the soft option for the semi . lakeside i feel were tired from the first meeting  and never really got into their stride . good luck to you against then. i think you will need it.

BILSHOT. the mad rapper , check him out on the tube . lol.

1 hour ago, Sully said:

It's not ridiculous at all it's a fact  . How long should we be carrying him for . Yes he's been a great servant to the club but he and his machinery are letting the team down and his performances are a shadow of what he is capable of all i'm suggesting is for him to be 100% fit before returning rather than letting the team down  and it can't be doing his own confidence any good either, just look at his scores in his matches since returning to the side , if he carries on like that he will soon have 3.50 average.  

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not ridiculous at all it's a fact  . How long should we be carrying him for . Yes he's been a great servant to the club but he and his machinery are letting the team down and his performances are a shadow of what he is capable of all i'm suggesting is for him to be 100% fit before returning rather than letting the team down  and it can't be doing his own confidence any good either, just look at his scores in his matches since returning to the side , if he carries on like that he will soon have 3.50 average.  

He probaly knows he'll be out of a job anywhere in this country if his average is over 7 come end of season

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

If Carl Wilkinson had scored the same for Newcastle as he did for the Panthers they could of taken a draw at least also

16 hours ago, hans fan said:

has looked a natural round there in the past

Still likes the place his average would be very false if he did a season riding there as his home track