British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The fact i wrote "IF" has been ignored by you as usual , you automatically  think everyone is out to cheat, as far as most Panthers fans as well as the management see it Ulrich will definetly ride in the playoffs as hes a Peterborough rider who is fit to ride if hes not fit as his scores since returning maybe an indication of this, then a guest or R/R is permitted in the rules i believe, 

Apparently we are win at all costs for the signing of Cook on the play off thread seems it is only Workington playing fair here :rolleyes:. I wonder what will come up with Lakeside and there under hand tactics. :D

To be fair it is only one Workington fan saying it see if you can guess what one.

Edited by Gazc

19 hours ago, cityrebel said:

You can't alter the track conditions by grading alone. The whole base at Rye is like concrete, with a loose dressing of shale on top. No doubt they will be working on this to produce a bit more grip before next Sunday.

To be fair that’s been the Rye circuit for decades.

can't help thinking the panthers were lucky to be in the right place at the right time. No way theyd have won at Lakeside. And now they know they have the beating of Lakeside at Rye they will surely pick them for the play-offs and the final beckons.  

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair that’s been the Rye circuit for decades.

Tell me about it, I've been a regular there since 1972. Hopefully a new broom might change things.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Tell me about it, I've been a regular there since 1972. Hopefully a new broom might change things.

And did Lakeside ever change.

17 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You have to go to a track on a regular basis to form an unbiased opinion on how good the racing is. I've been to the showground three times this season, and the racing has been crap. Does this make it a poor track, not in my eyes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It certainly did but I suspect from your regular attendance there, you will disagree!

I attended sat night and enjoyed the music/presentation(better than the rockets music etc), being a rockets fan it felt quite weird but will be going back for more

What did other fans think of sat night?

Hammers/rocket fans?

I thought the track lighting, particularly on the bends to be poor and needs improvement. Never too bothered with music/ presentation - it is not what I go for.

4 minutes ago, TonyE said:

I thought the track lighting, particularly on the bends to be poor and needs improvement. Never too bothered with music/ presentation - it is not what I go for.

Did you enjoy the racing

?

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

You have to go to a track on a regular basis to form an unbiased opinion on how good the racing is. I've been to the showground three times this season, and the racing has been crap. Does this make it a poor track, not in my eyes.

Not quite sure when Lakeside opened but I must have been 20 or 30 times at least over several decades, it’s never been any different.

11 minutes ago, barraider said:

Did you enjoy the racing

?

I thought it was awful. Rye House is a nice little stadium for a sitting out on a summer evening, but virtually every race is over by bend two. There wasn’t a lot of prep time but I understand Ken is going to spend a couple of days over there this week to try to do something with it. I hope he can . I don’t think I can take a whole season of racing as it was on Saturday. Ken was talking to the riders on Saturday, to see how they want it it done.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not quite sure when Lakeside opened but I must have been 20 or 30 times at least over several decades, it’s never been any different.

There are plenty of people, including  referees and riders that say otherwise. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

Apparently we are win at all costs for the signing of Cook on the play off thread seems it is only Workington playing fair here :rolleyes:. I wonder what will come up with Lakeside and there under hand tactics. :D

To be fair it is only one Workington fan saying it see if you can guess what one.

On the Worky 2018 thread its being suggested to run there playoff semi before end of month so that they can have a guest or better options for R/R for Dan Bewley before he drops to 4th in averages now whos seeking an advantage of sorts. 

Edited by scoobydoo

3 hours ago, Daytripper said:

There are plenty of people, including  referees and riders that say otherwise. 

I have also discussed it with several of our riders over the years, only Henning Bager actually liked the place.

i am sorry for the fans that it’s closed though, it’s never good to see a track shut down and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.