British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

In a way I am hoping the predicted weather puts pay to both legs on Sunday. Injury doubts continue for Kyle and now joined by Zach and Adam whilst Nick is required to ride in Poland. Aaron Summers has been booked as a guest replacement.

Cannot see this one surviving the heavy rain in the forecast.

I will be doing a rain dance tomorrow, its hard enough without Kyle but to have Zach and Nick out too is to big an ask.

On 17 September 2018 at 6:00 PM, barraider said:

Did you enjoy the racing

?

Sadly not.  Only about 2 passes after the first lap, if you don't count Alfie's struggles.

Haven't enjoyed the racing at Rye since the early 90's, even then the straights were too narrow.  The shape of the track, angle of the recent banking and the narrow straights means there is only really one line to victory there.  Especially when it is very dry.  Unfortunately half of the Hammers season ticket holders I used to attend Arena with are put off going to Rye by the racing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cliv Clav said:

Sadly not.  Only about 2 passes after the first lap, if you don't count Alfie's struggles.

Haven't enjoyed the racing at Rye since the early 90's, even then the straights were too narrow.  The shape of the track, angle of the recent banking and the narrow straights means there is only really one line to victory there.  Especially when it is very dry.  Unfortunately half of the Hammers season ticket holders I used to attend Arena with are put off going to Rye by the racing.

I have to agree with you. I go to Rye because it's convenient, but I don't really enjoy going there anymore. The stadium is a mess and the lighting is poor. I am not alone in feeling this way. It's going to be a massive gamble by Cook & Douglas to promote a full season there. Hopefully the crowds hold up this year, but facing Peterborough every week won't help.

• Like 1