British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

Really can’t be bothered to go and see Peterborough three times 50 miles away. When is the return to Essex? Lol

There is actually a weather warning now issued for Sunday, it’s more about strong winds than anything else, another event happening Sunday is an air show at Duxford, that’s likely to be serverly affected by the weather, unlike speedway though you have to buy tickets in advance and there is no refund.

what is the situation at Rye regards available dates?

10 minutes ago, marko said:

There is actually a weather warning now issued for Sunday, it’s more about strong winds than anything else, another event happening Sunday is an air show at Duxford, that’s likely to be serverly affected by the weather, unlike speedway though you have to buy tickets in advance and there is no refund.

what is the situation at Rye regards available dates?

I've decided to go to football on Sunday instead. All the uncertainty with speedway was the deciding factor.

Looking at the above posts its obvious that multiple meetings with Peterborough are not going to be popular with the fans and you can not blame them it is a ludricous situation befitting the idiots running the sport these days......

• Like 6

Facing the same club four times in a row has got to be a record that will never be broken.

30 minutes ago, marko said:

Facing the same club four times in a row has got to be a record that will never be broken.

You sure, anything is possible with the bspa:rolleyes:

Edited by KN1
Spelling mistakes

1 hour ago, marko said:

You can lay the blame for that firmly at Peterborough's door.:wink:

38 minutes ago, TonyE said:

You can lay the blame for that firmly at Peterborough's door.:wink:

Perhaps you would like to tell everybody how you worked that one out.

Apparently Peterborough are supposed to have.. turned down 3 different dates to race at lakeside ..how true that is i do not know.but there has been a fair bit said about it in this neck of the woods  ,,and not favourably  '' Some of that could arguably be blamed on Scunny....

Edited by waco

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Perhaps you would like to tell everybody how you worked that one out.

Note 'the smiley'

You didn't have to pick Lakeside for the play-offs but the prospect of one home and one away leg for the Panthers and two away legs for the Hammers was too hard to resist no doubt!

• Like 1

To a degree though when two clubs are successful in several competitions at the same time, the likelihood is they will meet a few times too, the shield I think was drawn out of a hat, the koc the same and although Panthers choose to race us again in the play offs, aside from the repetitive nature, it makes sense travel wise and they know they can do well at Rye.

The play offs the biggies and so you could say the shield and koc could be used a practice sessions but with something on the line.

• Like 1

Whether or not we all like it, the League Champions are determined by play-offs - which effectively means a 2 legged knockout contest tagged onto the end of this season. For this reason, it is absurd to also have 2 other competitions which end with exactly the same format, at the same time of year (and often with the same teams). Ideally, if there were sufficient league fixtures there would be no need for the rather contrived Championship Shield. As for the KO Cup, in my view it should have cut-off points enforced earlier in the season, and a Final much earlier in the season, so it is over and done with long before the play-offs start. In a perfect world, of course.

Next week, my solution to end conflict between Israel and Palestine. 

• Like 3

With all these meetings against Peterborough.it is even more important for the Hammers to win at ........home?????????... on sunday for the fans to retain any interest., for the rest of the season....my opinion only.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Whether or not we all like it, the League Champions are determined by play-offs - which effectively means a 2 legged knockout contest tagged onto the end of this season. For this reason, it is absurd to also have 2 other competitions which end with exactly the same format, at the same time of year (and often with the same teams). Ideally, if there were sufficient league fixtures there would be no need for the rather contrived Championship Shield. As for the KO Cup, in my view it should have cut-off points enforced earlier in the season, and a Final much earlier in the season, so it is over and done with long before the play-offs start. In a perfect world, of course.

Next week, my solution to end conflict between Israel and Palestine. 

You have just caused me to have this mental image of a BSPA Management Committee meeting like the Mad Hatters tea party, with Rob Godfrey as the Mad Hatter and Buster Chapman with his tie undone as he always seems to have it, as the doremouse dozing of with a few empty beer glasses in front of him, and Mad Hatter Godfrey yelling “Absurd of course it’s not absurd, let’s scrap the league and make every match a cup final then make Scunthorpe the winner “

• Like 1
  • Haha 1