British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

37 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Next week, my solution to end conflict between Israel and Palestine. 

You might find that thats a lesser task than trying to sort speedway out ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, waco said:

Apparently Peterborough are supposed to have.. turned down 3 different dates to race at lakeside ..how true that is i do not know.but there has been a fair bit said about it in this neck of the woods  ,,and not favourably  '' Some of that could arguably be blamed on Scunny....

I've only heard of 1 date which was offered  that Panthers declined through rider availability but it  would have gone ahead long ago had Scunthorpe's Rob Godfrey not got involved and had the meeting postponed and as for picking Lakeside at Rye House in the play off semi's , well can you blame them for that .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I've only heard of 1 date which was offered  that Panthers declined through rider availability but it  would have gone ahead long ago had Scunthorpe's Rob Godfrey not got involved and had the meeting postponed and as for picking Lakeside at Rye House in the play off semi's , well can you blame them for that .

No you can’t blame them, 99% of us would have done the same. 

Whether it’s right is another matter and it seems to be instilled in the majority of promotions that success will be put above paying speedway fans the majority of the time 

• Like 3

The awful forecast for Sunday will kill the crowd, even if it's on. The weather was bound to change at some point.

Can things get any worse for the..Hammers. ..What happens next if they can't run on Sunday....

I would guess a doubler header the following Saturday taking on Panthers twice in different competitions, at least this time the Hammers will be no more tired in the second match than the Panthers. 

3 hours ago, marko said:

I would guess a doubler header the following Saturday taking on Panthers twice in different competitions, at least this time the Hammers will be no more tired in the second match than the Panthers. 

My thoughts exactly.

40 minutes ago, liam said:

Why not start at 2pm and have all three meetings on one day lol. 

Triple headers, why not. You could run the whole home season in five meetings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Triple headers, why not. You could run the whole home season in five meetings.

Maybe we could have finished the season at Arena Essex after all lol.

5 hours ago, liam said:

Why not start at 2pm and have all three meetings on one day lol. 

Unfortunately there is a Long Track meeting at Rye during the day on the 29th so that ideas a no go - they could always toss a coin to decide the winner though (lol)

• Like 1

How can you have a long track meeting at Rye??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How can you have a long track meeting at Rye??

I meant flat track, but with so many "improvements" going on at Rye including the piles of mud on the centre green anything could be possible (lol)

• Haha 1

You call the piles of mud on the centre green improvements ???  lol .....More like a mess spoiling the view of the racing if your standing at ground level

Edited by waco