British Speedway Forum
barraider

Lakeside vs Newcastle/Peterborough sat 15th @Rye house

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Still likes the place his average would be very false if he did a season riding there as his home track

Couldn't understand why rye never signed him . blokes as smooth as silk round there . toft is also usually red hot round there sorry oystercard is usually red hot round there not toft

Edited by hans fan

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

It's not a ridiculous comment at all. Nobody is mocking his commitment but i think it's time over this winter to thank him for that and go our seperate ways the same applies to Lambert.  Hopefully as treble winners

Treble Winners ....:blink: never write us Comets off , as everyone done at the start of season ..Peterborough top the league at cut-off point unfortunately for us we never got the Lakeside meeting in which has cost us dearly but a 7 point win at Newcastle today and 3points if we do win Lakeside at home will put us top at close of season . Like I’ve said before , for me the Champions are the League winners and play-offs are playoff winners. Sheffield topped the league last season and luckily clinched the playoffs too, well deserved .I don’t agree with playoffs a team who have worked so hard all season to get there can have the Championship pulled from under their feet by a team finishing 4th, and I don’t mean that in a biased way , if it’s Peterborough , and we don’t get anymore points then they are my Champions ! 

One thing for certain Peterborough will choose Lakeside but be careful ...I can’t see them giving up without a fight , Boro caught them in a second half of a double header , once they dial into Rye House be a different story imo

1 minute ago, Taylorj said:

Treble Winners ....:blink: never write us Comets off , as everyone done at the start of season ..Peterborough top the league at cut-off point unfortunately for us we never got the Lakeside meeting in which has cost us dearly but a 7 point win at Newcastle today and 3points if we do win Lakeside at home will put us top at close of season . Like I’ve said before , for me the Champions are the League winners and play-offs are playoff winners. Sheffield topped the league last season and luckily clinched the playoffs too, well deserved .I don’t agree with playoffs a team who have worked so hard all season to get there can have the Championship pulled from under their feet by a team finishing 4th, and I don’t mean that in a biased way , if it’s Peterborough , and we don’t get anymore points then they are my Champions ! 

One thing for certain Peterborough will choose Lakeside but be careful ...I can’t see them giving up without a fight , Boro caught them in a second half of a double header , once they dial into Rye House be a different story imo

Panthers have riders who go well at dry house . next meet lambert wont get a point there so it will deffo go in hammers favour

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Not quite everyone.  Eric Thornton (Newcastle Diamonds Speedway Star contributor) had you top of the league, in the pre-season "Bumper Issue."

• Like 1

Nobody is writing Workington off, it appears you want to be the underdog....

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Nobody is writing Workington off, it appears you want to be the underdog....

underdogs , we love them . everyone loves an underdog ! lol 

Let’s be honest, looking at the teams in the play offs, were the underdogs as we’re definitely the weaker 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not ridiculous at all it's a fact  . How long should we be carrying him for . Yes he's been a great servant to the club but he and his machinery are letting the team down and his performances are a shadow of what he is capable of all i'm suggesting is for him to be 100% fit before returning rather than letting the team down  and it can't be doing his own confidence any good either, just look at his scores in his matches since returning to the side , if he carries on like that he will soon have 3.50 average.  

How is it a fact? Did he let us down when we won the fours this year? Did he let us down when we won the fours last year? He’s ridden well for us this year despite having some nasty accidents.  He’s not a number 1 anymore but does a good job generally Home and away as a third heat leader and is 100% commited to the club. I agree he clearly isn’t fit yet but needs the rides to get fit rather than sitting on his backside at home. 

45 minutes ago, Sully said:

How is it a fact? Did he let us down when we won the fours this year? Did he let us down when we won the fours last year? He’s ridden well for us this year despite having some nasty accidents.  He’s not a number 1 anymore but does a good job generally Home and away as a third heat leader and is 100% commited to the club. I agree he clearly isn’t fit yet but needs the rides to get fit rather than sitting on his backside at home. 

Yes he's 100% committed but he's not fit and now we are at the business end of the season there's no time for passengers  , yes I want to see him back and doing well and being competitive which at the moment he is not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hans fan said:

Couldn't understand why rye never signed him . blokes as smooth as silk round there . toft is also usually red hot round there sorry oystercard is usually red hot round there not toft

MPT  has had big scores around Rye House in the past , in his 1st spell with Panthers I believe he scored  an 18 point max on a guest appearance there.

11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

MPT  has had big scores around Rye House in the past , in his 1st spell with Panthers I believe he scored  an 18 point max on a guest appearance there.

Scored a bucketful of points for The Bandits too when he guested for us 

35 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

you should have had more faith in the team then ;) I said panthers would at least get a point

5 hours ago, Taylorj said:

I'm not sure that would be the case. P'boro were at Lakeside (Rye house) last night. They've got them again home and away next sunday, and a third time home and away the following week-end. I know "local" ish derbys are usually good money makers for the clubs but 4 times in 4/5 weeks is asking a bit much. Fan apathy could be an issue.

• Like 1