British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
r8gdp

What's the best race you ve seen live

I remember watching lee complin at the Gary stead meeting at Sheffield  in the final fast Freddie lindgren made the start and was leading he thought comfortably after a couple of laps a bloke in front of us said that's it nobody will catch him  I remember nudging my brother and saying this is nt over and watched as lee went round Freddie almost making him jump a great race that s what make our sport the best thing going 

1996 Ryan Sullivan v Mikael Karlsson bonus point run off, Mikael 'clipping' the fence and pulling off a cracker.

2004 Max v Andersen play off at Monmore

For me 1991 BLRC Ht 19 Sam vs Hans both unbeaten with Sam going on to lift the title.

Strange 2 out of 3 are rare match races.

• Like 2

For me. Heat 13 from Mondays BT match. Was great to be there watching it live. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

For me. Heat 13 from Mondays BT match. Was great to be there watching it live. 

You lucky bugger have not been to the national stadium yet  went to Hyde road in the glorious days of the British league riders championship of the 70 s Collins and Olsen  good racers 

Batch beating Shamek Kildemand and Magic back in 2014 in a heat 15 v Poole . Nothing between all 4 for 4 laps. Pawlicki's  second won the meeting for Poole which wasn't good but best race.  Best ride which made my jaw drop, Paul Starke 2016 for Somerset vs Glasgow.Ride which made me most happy Nick Morris heat 13 last year v Wolves in play off final second leg.

Edited by Anzum

Probably, because of the score and the tension, Moooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiisssssss in Heat 13 v Wolves. It was great to see Mr Gobby throw a little paddy on the infield as the lads went over the line for the 5-1. 

We owed him that from 2009.

Harris beating Charlie Gjedde twice, in the same season, off 15m.

Briggs Swindon v. Ashby Exeter 1969, wheel to wheel for 4 laps, Crash won by tyre width. And Morra heat 13 at Wolves.

So many great races over the years.

There was a race I witnessed at Peterborough about 8 years ago with shamek pawlicki and Koschui I think it was. THAT WAS bloody awesome. 

Easy one for me. The great Barry Thomas chasing down the team-riding Ivan Mauger and Scott Autrey before flying past them off the final bend, winning the meeting for Hackney and the league for White City.

• Like 2

My favourite at King's Lynn, can't remember the opposition but the Stars were being 1-5'd. Excellent team riding, then Nicki Pedersen squeezed through the middle of the pair on bend 3. Pedersen then slowed the race down. Then Tom P Madsen thought he'd have a bit of that and did exactly the same a lap later, this time barely a gap, sparks flying from the bikes, taking the 5-1.

Any one of several from-the-back efforts by Henka Gustafsson at Lynn in 1993.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terry said:

Easy one for me. The great Barry Thomas chasing down the team-riding Ivan Mauger and Scott Autrey before flying past them off the final bend, winning the meeting for Hackney and the league for White City.

White City won the league at Wolves on a Sunday afternoon

It was a race at Arena Essex in 1993 involving Brian Karger, Josh Larsen and Belle Vue's Jason Lyons, Jason went between both Hammers to go from third to first then Brian took back first place and Josh pipped Jason to the line to regain the 5-1 for the Hammers

Can’t remember the year. Hackney v Poole top of table clash. heat 15 scores 42 all. Galvin , schoefield v Boyce and Langdon. I think someone recorded something like 15passess in 4 laps. Unbelievable race Poole got a 4-2 to win the match.  

• Like 1