British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, tyke said:

Yes there are

Ryanair fly Friday ex Manchester and there is a return flight on Monday evening.

Alternatively 

KLM via Amsterdam. Only an hour in Amsterdam. Decent service /airline in my experience 

Yes but Ryan air fly to Warsaw modlin airport very late at nite and it's 40 mile away from city centre !! KLM worked out more expensive from Newcastle, I hate Manchester airport only use it if I must, any airport is over 2 hours away for me

48 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yes but Ryan air fly to Warsaw modlin airport very late at nite and it's 40 mile away from city centre !! KLM worked out more expensive from Newcastle, I hate Manchester airport only use it if I must, any airport is over 2 hours away for me

just stick to Chopin Airport

30 minutes ago, stevehone said:

just stick to Chopin Airport

All booked can't wait

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, topaz325 said:

Can always go with Travel Plus.:)

Interesting that Travel Plus are further penalizing single travellers by upping their single supplement to a riddiculas  and unnecessary   55 pounds per night for the Warsaw trip. 

Edited by iwright71

On 10/24/2018 at 5:38 PM, iwright71 said:

Interesting that Travel Plus are further penalizing single travellers by upping their single supplement to a riddiculas  and unnecessary   55 pounds per night for the Warsaw trip. 

Not sure why anyone would use Travel Plus, or any "organised" tour, these days.

The "DIY" route of flights, with accommodation booked through Travel Republic, Booking.com or AirBnB is so much cheaper...

Edited by jeffster
grammar

On 10/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, jeffster said:

Not sure why anyone would use Travel Plus, or any "organised" tour, these days.

The "DIY" route of flights, with accommodation booked through Travel Republic, Booking.com or AirBnB is so much cheaper...

Some people prefer for everything to be organised for them and are prepared to pay for that service. Others are just not comfortable or confident booking  their own flight, accommodation, etc. It really is horses for courses.

3 hours ago, brylcream boy said:

Some people prefer for everything to be organised for them and are prepared to pay for that service. Others are just not comfortable or confident booking  their own flight, accommodation, etc. It really is horses for courses.

TPT are fair value when a GP is in the middle of nowhere as the transport to a forest in Sweden or Germany is priceless.  But for anyone not to be confident enough to book Warsaw is mind boggling.  

20 hours ago, Mark said:

TPT are fair value when a GP is in the middle of nowhere as the transport to a forest in Sweden or Germany is priceless.  But for anyone not to be confident enough to book Warsaw is mind boggling.  

It’s not mind boggling if you are handicapped and require assistance, preferably by an English speaking friendly TPT driver or guide.

19 minutes ago, brylcream boy said:

It’s not mind boggling if you are handicapped and require assistance, preferably by an English speaking friendly TPT driver or guide.

If you are handicapped then a travel company would be useful to use.  But the vast majority of people aren't handicapped.    Enjoy your tour of Warsaw.

Done it both ways, independently and with TPT. Independent travel is good fun, and, as someone pointed out, getting ever easier to do. However, I've had some great tours with TPT and I can't personally fault them at all. 

Can remember 25-30 years ago going with travel plus to old world finals and they chartered a ferry to take speedway fans to vojens 

12 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can remember 25-30 years ago going with travel plus to old world finals and they chartered a ferry to take speedway fans to vojens 

Not sure if they were the same owners but back then wasn`t it "Tee mill" tours ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Did the same for 1991 final at Gothenburg, I guess back in the days of the World Final it was an annual pilgrimage for allot of Speedway fans and it was for a large part before the internet made organizing a trip so much simpler.

21 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure if they were the same owners but back then wasn`t it "Tee mill" tours ?

No defently travel plus went to Munich 1989 then a few more in later years, vojens and Gothenburg and ice speedway to Frankfurt and Assen, tee mill tours were about a the same time