British Speedway Forum

don't forget practice for the GP on the Friday afternoon .. some might find it dull but i quite enjoy it.

entry is by GP programe only i believe, around £4

I got lucky this year, walked for 3 hours to the stadium in that heat. Was outside as practice started. Queue for programmes was massive but showed my ticket print offs and got let in. 

Then found no drinks outlets open, lucked in again and saw someone I know who works for Monster and got a few fans of that free as refreshment.

Next year as I got my tickets early this time I should be able to sit in my own seat for practice... :)

Edited by teaboy279

2 hours ago, brylcream boy said:

If anyone has been before, what is it like getting food and drink in town after the GP. Thanks for any advice.

either a walk back towards Centrum you'll find bars and restaurants, or go into the Old Town .. we got a meal this year in Molly Malones at about 11.30pm, good food and a good pub

On 11/16/2018 at 7:46 PM, Neila said:

No defently travel plus went to Munich 1989 then a few more in later years, vojens and Gothenburg and ice speedway to Frankfurt and Assen, tee mill tours were about a the same time

Tee Mills went bust sometime around 1990 if I remember. There was also another tour company around that time that I forget the name of.

4 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Tee Mills went bust sometime around 1990 if I remember. There was also another tour company around that time that I forget the name of.

Page & Moy  Leicester ??

On 11/15/2018 at 9:39 PM, racers and royals said:

Not sure if they were the same owners but back then wasn`t it "Tee mill" tours ?

No, Travel Plus and Tee Mill Tours were two totally separate companies.

Travel Plus is owned by James Easter of course, whilst TeeMill was owned by Reg Thomas and Steve Millard....

Went on a few trips with TeeMill, one after they helped me overcome a last minute cancellation of a TravelPlus trip to a World Longtrack Final .

TeeMill trips were always good fun, usually with the late Dave "Flash" Roberts as courier, along with the also late Dave Rattenberry in attendance.

Also usually present was a lovely guy called Ken Carpenter , who was the photographer for the now defunct Speedway Mail.

Edited by jeffster
grammar
  • Like 1

Rather then bus I am taking the train this  (2019) year. And as a bonus get a Wednesday and Sunday night in Berlin. Cost 150 quidish each from st Pancras to Berlin, can't book the last leg till 90 days before but looking at earlier dates this should cost between 29 and 44 quid each. 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:53 AM, teaboy279 said:

Rather then bus I am taking the train this  (2019) year. And as a bonus get a Wednesday and Sunday night in Berlin. Cost 150 quidish each from st Pancras to Berlin, can't book the last leg till 90 days before but looking at earlier dates this should cost between 29 and 44 quid each. 

Done that trip a few times - works nicely, very relaxing way to travel .

Rico :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

This will be my first trip to the Warsaw GP. Reallly looking forward to it.

Can anyone advise what the Fanzone experience is like? Is it similar to Cardiff? Also are there street vendors near the stadium, like at Cardiff, selling merchandise?

Any info appreciated.

Fairly similar for fan zone

Lots of merchandise sales around stadium area especially around roundabout and underpass

On 1/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, Prentice1874 said:

This will be my first trip to the Warsaw GP. Reallly looking forward to it.

Can anyone advise what the Fanzone experience is like? Is it similar to Cardiff? Also are there street vendors near the stadium, like at Cardiff, selling merchandise?

Any info appreciated.

Its a brilliant GP, great stadium, loads of vendors for merchandise in and outside the stadium. Very envious, enjoy! 

Also 1st trip to Warsaw, is their an area or street for pre meeting drinks that fans hang about, staying at holiday Inn city centre which I think is near tram stop for transfer to stadium, thanks for any info