British Speedway Forum

Janowski had his left collarbone pinned today.  Not riding this weekend but a decision about Warsaw is being made next week.   Must be doubtful to ride on a tight technical track where he will have to turn the bike hard.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/820482/pge-ekstraliga-maciej-janowski-juz-po-operacji-w-jego-barku-umieszczono-specjaln?src01=6a4c&src01=b289a

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Janowski had his left collarbone pinned today.  Not riding this weekend but a decision about Warsaw is being made next week.   Must be doubtful to ride on a tight technical track where he will have to turn the bike hard.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/820482/pge-ekstraliga-maciej-janowski-juz-po-operacji-w-jego-barku-umieszczono-specjaln?src01=6a4c&src01=b289a

Is it really a tight and technical? or short and round as in easy??

Just now, f-s-p said:

Is it really a tight and technical? or short and round as in easy??

I would say tight but only seen it on TV.     Looks like Cardiff but better experts than myself.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

I would say tight but only seen it on TV.     Looks like Cardiff but better experts than myself.

Over here we have an internet servise that allows you to make 1/2 inch accurate measurements on anything based on satellite pics. If there was one in the uk for example or PL, would be easy to compare...

8 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Over here we have an internet servise that allows you to make 1/2 inch accurate measurements on anything based on satellite pics. If there was one in the uk for example or PL, would be easy to compare...

Cardiff is 272M and Warsaw 274M and having been to both i can say they are fairly similar !!!

I ve only done Warsaw the once so only seen from one perspective but it appeared to me that Warsaw seem far faster (in terms of bikespeed) the Cardiff. Especially the speed carried around the bends. I am a lot closer and at the opposite end this year, so will be able to make better comparison then.

17 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I ve only done Warsaw the once so only seen from one perspective but it appeared to me that Warsaw seem far faster (in terms of bikespeed) the Cardiff. Especially the speed carried around the bends. I am a lot closer and at the opposite end this year, so will be able to make better comparison then.

TR’s Warsaw 54 + odds Cardiff 53. + odds so not much in it

From speedway GP

Polish racer Maciej Janowski has set his sights on an extraordinary track comeback at the Boll Warsaw SGP on May 18.

Janowski badly damaged shoulder ligaments when he crashed in a PGE Ekstraliga match for Wroclaw in Grudziadz last Friday. He underwent surgery yesterday to have a plate inserted and now faces a race against time to be ready for the World Championship opener at PGE Narodowy

It was initially hinted Janowski could be facing a three-month break from racing, but with the plate stabilising the injury, Magic hopes to reduce that time dramatically and make a miraculous comeback.

The former Poole favourite makes no guarantees he will take his place in Warsaw, where he has been runner-up in the past two seasons.

But he’s crossing his fingers for good news on his recovery. He told redbull.com: “Let's wait and see – but not for long. I think that at the beginning of next week I will know more and then I will try to decide whether I will try to start.

“I know it is possible. Of course, we are talking about a human being, serious surgery etc., but the chance that everything will go much faster than speculated is very large.

“I cannot guarantee that I will start the GP in Warsaw, but I promise that it is possible and that I will do everything to make it happen, provided I do not risk mine and my colleagues' health.”

Janowski hopes a winter of hard training will give his body the edge as it bids to repair quickly. He said: “I know what my body is capable of and what challenges it can cope with. This is also the result of a hard grind, mainly in winter. Hard work in the dead months can pay off right now, when my body will have to face an important task. And it will deal with it, I know it.”

Janowski could have treated the injury without surgery or a plate. But he opted for metalwork to ensure the quickest possible comeback.

He said: “It’s an old, proven, speedway way. I told the doctor that I had a maximum of a month. But that's maximum!

“With a proper procedure and a little bit of luck, it allows you to get back to fitness faster. The bones will be joined rigidly and this joint may be slightly less mobile, but after a few months the patient should recover. Then they can take it out.

Why is Cook riding for Glasgow on Friday night against Sheffield in is what I describe as a non meeting,   a KO Cup meeting,  a two legged affair, when the risk of injury is so close to the S o N meeting at Belle Vue, what about practise, I know Cookie knows Belle Vue inside out but surely Glasgow could have a guest for this meeting as it is a FIM  affair.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:25 PM, STEPHEN 333 said:

Weather looking good for the Warsaw GP Weekend,   High's of 18'c on the Saturday, with highs of 20'c on the Sunday, both days bright and sunny.

Oop's that's changed a bit, now forecasting showers on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

Why is Cook riding for Glasgow on Friday night against Sheffield in is what I describe as a non meeting,   a KO Cup meeting,  a two legged affair, when the risk of injury is so close to the S o N meeting at Belle Vue, what about practise, I know Cookie knows Belle Vue inside out but surely Glasgow could have a guest for this meeting as it is a FIM  affair.

Why was Woffinden riding for Wroclaw tonight ? (before it was postponed) practice is at noon tomorrow- plenty of time to rest before.

Edit why are you posting this on the Warsaw thread ?

Edited by racers and royals

6 minutes ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

Why not? He has to earn a living. Would GB pay them in order for him to rest?

Remember, his obligations are to Glasgow, first and foremost. Also, would a guest be as good as he is at Glasgow? He is unbeaten round there since he joined at the end of last season. I saw him this season v Edinburgh and he was on a different planet. He was awesome to watch when he didnt gate. Well worth the trip up from Torquay just to watch him alone.

Ive never particularly liked him,tbh. My opinion rose dramatically after seeing the way he rode and helped his team mates.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Why was Woffinden riding for Wroclaw tonight ? (before it was postponed) practice is at noon tomorrow- plenty of time to rest before.

Edit why are you posting this on the Warsaw thread ?

Oop's got it wrong, can someone please amend/send this post to the SoN thread, got confused with my previous post on the weather for Warsaw.