British Speedway Forum

Fricke & Michelsen on standby then.

If Doyle & Janowski miss GP's it really does look to be battle between Zmarzlik & Woffinden.

49 minutes ago, Col said:

Fricke & Michelsen on standby then.

If Doyle & Janowski miss GP's it really does look to be battle between Zmarzlik & Woffinden.

But will Woffinden and Zmarzlik be hindered by their absence from practice / qualification and the fastest riders on Friday choosing their preferred draw number?

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Why will Woffy and Zmarzlik be missing practice???

Because the Extraleague have re-arranged the postponed Wroclaw v Gorzow meeting for this Friday(Wroclaw stadium not available so they have switched the H & A fixtures between the clubs) so this week is Gorzow  v Wroclaw

Edited by racers and royals

This could be a test of loyalty on the riders. I would have thought an FIM meeting pulls rank on a league meet, but there again, practice is probably not compulsory...... but that extra point for being fastest qualifier may determine who is world champion at the end of the season.

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

This could be a test of loyalty on the riders. I would have thought an FIM meeting pulls rank on a league meet, but there again, practice is probably not compulsory...... but that extra point for being fastest qualifier may determine who is world champion at the end of the season.

There is no extra point for fastest- that`s F1. The fastest does pick his rider number however, then 2nd fastest 2nd choice and so on.

If Janowski is planning to ride, he'd also be affected.  4 hour 30 mins drive between Warsaw & Gorzow, what time is the league fixture?  And what time is practice?  I presume Zmarzlik is riding in Sweden Thursday night also, as Vetlanda are at home to Lejonen.

37 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don't think there's a test of loyalty. The riders will be frustrated by it no doubt, but appearing in a couple of Ekstraliga meetings will probably earn them more money than they will earn in an entire GP season if the published SGP earnings from 2017 are accurate.

So they can't really afford to take a stand against Ekstraliga scheduling meetings for whenever they so wish.

22 minutes ago, Col said:

If Janowski is planning to ride, he'd also be affected.  4 hour 30 mins drive between Warsaw & Gorzow, what time is the league fixture?  And what time is practice?  I presume Zmarzlik is riding in Sweden Thursday night also, as Vetlanda are at home to Lejonen.

It`s either practice or league match- they can`t do both time wise. Janowski won`t ride anywhere before Saturday i would think.

Another hour or so, and I will be on the way to St Pancaras to get the Eurostar to Berlin.... 

Cant wait, normally the first visit is most exciting, but knowing how cool a city Warsaw is, I am a kid in a sweet shop..... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It`s either practice or league match- they can`t do both time wise. Janowski won`t ride anywhere before Saturday i would think.

If practice started at midday and the league match is not until 20:00 they could easily do both.

1 minute ago, Col said:

If practice started at midday and the league match is not until 20:00 they could easily do both.

But it doesn`t - the FIM have already bowed down to the Extraleague enough- why should they change practice to suit the polish league. don`t forgot the Extraleague think they can do anything they want- they even upset their own federation(PZM) with their fixture scheduling.

Think practice is around 18.00 thought I heard bt sport saying on Saturday nite, that it was showing it live, I'm in Warsaw for my 1st gp abroad, would it be worth going to watch practice ? Also on gp day is their an area fans gather before going to stadium, thanks for any info :)

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think practice is around 18.00 thought I heard bt sport saying on Saturday nite, that it was showing it live, I'm in Warsaw for my 1st gp abroad, would it be worth going to watch practice ? Also on gp day is their an area fans gather before going to stadium, thanks for any info :)

This is from GP website- be careful because i think the number of fans allowed in is limited- i have read something  i think about 1000 only- i will see if i can find it.

Friday 17 May
16:30 - Stadium Open for Fans (access via Gate 2 for programme holders only)
17:30 - Free Practice
19:00 - Qualifying