British Speedway Forum

No, they're local rivals.

Edit.  As it jumped to the next page we're talking Gorzow/Zielona Góra. Torun/Grudziadz/Bydgoszcz.

Edited by Col

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Didn't Ivan Mauger say one year he purposely finished in a certain qualifying place to get the number he wanted in the World final. Can't remember if it worked out for him

He did although not sure of the year. 

In the 1988 ICF, Nielsen and Gundersen infamously nearly fell over each other trying not to win a three man run off (with Per Jonsson) for second place.

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Didn't Ivan Mauger say one year he purposely finished in a certain qualifying place to get the number he wanted in the World final. Can't remember if it worked out for him

Yes he feigned an engine failure on the last bend in a 3rd place run-off in 1979. third would've given him the 13 racejacket.

It certainly worked out for him, as he won that year.

21 minutes ago, Terry said:

Yes he feigned an engine failure on the last bend in a 3rd place run-off in 1979. third would've given him the 13 racejacket.

It certainly worked out for him, as he won that year.

The #13 gives your first two races together in heats 4 and 5 so gives very little time to make any changes needed after the first ride. 

He found this disadvantage to be worth avoiding even though he then ended up with his final total rides being in consecutive heats 16 and 17. 

Whether he made any use of it or not on the day, I don't know.

But he won so who cares !

• Like 1

are Doyle and Magic riding this weekend

Swindon have confirmed Doyle rides for them on Monday night so he should be there in Warsaw.   He is one tough man.     

33 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Weather not looking good for Saturday and Sunday in Warsaw.

Do you think that will affect the racing?

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That’s a good idea- my question would be do Gorzow and Zielona Gora like each other. Do Torun and Grudziadz  like each other lol

My question would be 

Why don't the FIM state if you miss practice you're out of the GP. With a 28 day ban from riding in any league.

Our Polish friends would then stop arranging league matches the night before a GP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

My question would be 

Why don't the FIM state if you miss practice you're out of the GP. With a 28 day ban from riding in any league.

Our Polish friends would then stop arranging league matches the night before a GP.

My view has always been consistent with yours,however as Armando Castagna said when interviewed the FIM didn`t want to wage war with the Extraleague. Reading between the lines i think they feared a wholesale withdrawal of riders from the GP. As i have stated previously the Extraleague even fell out with the Polish federation(PZM) over fixture scheduling !!!

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

My view has always been consistent with yours,however as Armando Castagna said when interviewed the FIM didn`t want to wage war with the Extraleague. Reading between the lines i think they feared a wholesale withdrawal of riders from the GP. As i have stated previously the Extraleague even fell out with the Polish federation(PZM) over fixture scheduling !!!

SPOT on Tim

^^^^^^

IMO Racers and Royals then that's the biggest reason to say no practice no racing for 28 days. 

Unless Poland wants to run Black. In that case you ride in Poland you don't ride anywhere else  Every rider starts out with the dream of being World Champion .

How many riders are still owed money by Polish club's from last season ?

Bet it's far more than have been publicised 

12 hours ago, Rico said:

Zielona Gora and any other club ;)

Torun and Bydgoszcz was always interesting before the Bydgoszcz downfall.

Rzeszow and Tarnow also.