British Speedway Forum

Thank you OVF.

What a decision to make - tomorrow night... watch Speedway GP or Eurovision Song Contest.   Now let me think.........

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What a decision to make - tomorrow night... watch Speedway GP or Eurovision Song Contest.   Now let me think.........

I love watching Eurovision just to see how many countries dislike us and refuse to give us any points. Warsaw at least should give us a British winner.

Eurovsion was alright when Katie Boyle hosted it, and the likes of Teddy Johnson and Pearl Carr was in it. Gone to pot since.

Seriously, I think its time BBC pulled the plug on the show. Surely all the other countries can afford to make up what BBC (thats us) put in. 

In fact, its about time the BBC licence fee is scrapped and BBC goes commercial.  Or at least have a turn off for BBC then dont pay the licence fee. When I wanted to stop SKY I just told them and they "flicked a switch". Thats how BBC should be. BBC showed themselves up good and proper over Brexit. They have their favourite political parties, when really they should be neutral. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Eurovsion was alright when Katie Boyle hosted it, and the likes of Teddy Johnson and Pearl Carr was in it. Gone to pot since.

Seriously, I think its time BBC pulled the plug on the show. Surely all the other countries can afford to make up what BBC (thats us) put in. 

In fact, its about time the BBC licence fee is scrapped and BBC goes commercial.  Or at least have a turn off for BBC then dont pay the licence fee. When I wanted to stop SKY I just told them and they "flicked a switch". Thats how BBC should be. BBC showed themselves up good and proper over Brexit. They have their favourite political parties, when really they should be neutral. 

Yep, I agree. Their love of the Tories always shines through, unless you actually believe the tripe printed in the conservative-biased  press (mail, sun, telegraph, Times etc.)? 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

The Warsaw speedway show will be far better, no doubt about it. Just cheer for whoever produces good speedway, and I expect there to be lots of it.

32 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The Warsaw speedway show will be far better, no doubt about it. Just cheer for whoever produces good speedway, and I expect there to be lots of it.

Providing they can get the tapes to work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The track is waterproof, humans aren't... lol. I would assume they poster mentioned it because it affects drinking in the old town square or the beach bars etc. And not that Warsaw fan zone is worth mentioning but poor weather would of affected that too.

They would have been my reasons for mentioning the weather.

That said the Poles did forget to close the roof a few years ago and the footy got Rained off.

Yep that's the point. It's a deceptively long walk to the Stadium. You can see it but it never seems to get any closer. If it rains like last night we'll all get drenched.

5 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

According to my copy of What's On TV, BT Sport are not showing the GP tomorrow.

Yes, I missed the fact that they have put it on a different channel (I'm easily confused!)  Thanks Heathcote, I've found it now.

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

Yes, I missed the fact that they have put it on a different channel (I'm easily confused!)  Thanks Heathcote, I've found it now.

The meeting will be on BT Sport ESPN From 5:30 tomorrow. 

Don’t forget qualifying at 6pm tonight. 

Is it me or is the clock stopping after the rider crosses the start line.

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Is it me or is the clock stopping after the rider crosses the start line.

Surely its just the delay of commincating between the transponder on the bike and the TV graphics.

Mind you the delay in comminicating any excitement in this affair seems to be much greater.

As I understood the rules, any lap started within the one minute time allowance could be completed, however the recording appears to be limited to four laps?

Jason Doyle looks even leaner than he did last year.