British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AMONGST all this nonsense arguing with a 'Polish' idiot, terrific SGP to start the 2019 campaign. Fabulous advert for the sport but sadly few if any other than Cardiff will match the atmosphere ion Warsaw.

Our Polish friend will disappear if no one takes the bait.  Ignore and he'll get bored. 

• Like 3

Who is a mathematician?  How did the draw work for the riders.  I know Zagar was fasted but 1st pick did him no good. 

I have been scrolling back the pages and reading posts that Zmarzlik isn't polish and don't know what else, I got a headache and will ask here directly. 

What are those  "bike A B and C" in tv graphics before heat start? 

Edited by Zenit

8 minutes ago, Zenit said:

I have been scrolling back the pages and reading posts that Zmarzlik isn't polish and don't know what else, I got a headache and will ask here directly. 

What are those  "bike A B and C" in tv graphics before heat start? 

Each rider has 3 bikes available to them during the night. Each one of those has a transponder on it.

The graphic is just telling you which of their bikes they have been using so you know if they switched bike. 

For example, Emil started on one bike, switched to another for his second ride but then went back to the first one. 

There did seem to be some inconsistency in the graphics with some riders not having all their races shown. 

5 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Each rider has 3 bikes available to them during the night. Each one of those has a transponder on it.

The graphic is just telling you which of their bikes they have been using so you know if they switched bike. 

For example, Emil started on one bike, switched to another for his second ride but then went back to the first one. 

There did seem to be some inconsistency in the graphics with some riders not having all their races shown. 

It was strange bacause when Iversen rode his 4th heat had 5 letters Woffy in the same heat had only 2 letters.   Bwooo

Edited by Zenit

7 minutes ago, Zenit said:

It was strange bacause when Iversen rode his 4th heat had 5 letters Woffy in the same heat had only 2 letters.   Bwooo

Yeah, that's the inconsistency that I mentioned. I couldn't work out why that was happening...

Another great evening in Warsaw. Atmosphere brilliant until the second semi final when it all went relatively quiet. What odds was Madsen?, should have invested a zloty or even two.

Pleased to see Iversen up there after last year's injury, but we'll done Robert Lambert.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the new timing system or graphics didn't work well in heat 19.

I was interested to see how close it was recorded between Emil and Leon. The results given were:

Bartosz Smektala 56.829

Leon Madsen +0.192

Emil Sayfutdinov +0.337

Max Fricke +0.397

I'm guessing that the actual gap between Leon and Emil was the one shown as between Emil amd Max, given the fact Max was sitting in the pits...So where did the time for Leon come from???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tactical Joker said:

Another great evening in Warsaw. Atmosphere brilliant until the second semi final when it all went relatively quiet. What odds was Madsen?, should have invested a zloty or even two.

Pleased to see Iversen up there after last year's injury, but we'll done Robert Lambert.

Madsen was 12/1 at the semi final stage 

4 hours ago, Falubaz said:

But there are several Poles in GP and ONE Brit (as i said Tai is as British as a Negro in Poland is Polish) 

So by that logic Antonio Lindback isn't Swedish ?

• Like 1

Terrible meeting gate and go,all the riders off gate 4 might as well not bothered.it was that bad I turned over at 8  and watched Eurovision.

1 hour ago, burton1 said:

Terrible meeting gate and go,all the riders off gate 4 might as well not bothered.it was that bad I turned over at 8  and watched Eurovision.

Nice trolling

2 hours ago, burton1 said:

You sure you turned over at 8 and not 6?? Heat 1 was won by the rider off gate 4 :rofl:

A very good night's Speedway...

Woffy got his crap meeting out of the way early, better to do it now than later..;)

Madsen did what he has done for the past few years in Poland, ie proved himself truly world class..

Doyle showed exactly what true warriors these lads are..

And Lambert and Smektala showed that they are truly emerging talent at world level..

There's not going to be a stand out rider I would suggest this year, with everyone capable of beating each other at any given moment so this could be the closest and best season ever..

What a magnificent sport this definitely is when done 'properly'...

Should be a great season of GP racing..

• Like 2