British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I never advocated you could not express yours or be prevented from any discussion.

I didn't suggest you did. I was just pointing out why people criticise the format as you said you couldn't understand why in a dismissive type way.

It looks like BSI,  FIM are finally happy with the format now anyway as they've not tinkered with it for a while.

Scooters are fantastic, great fun getting around the city .. I admit they’re a bit of a menace, but using them is great.

in Warsaw for another 2 days and will be using them a lot 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iwright71 said:

Another quirky thing that has changed in Warsaw is they now have an abundance of the public flying around on public motorised scooters. Instead of Boris bikes they have something akin to Stalin scooters. And they go pretty fast, accidents waiting to happen in my view, if one of those hit you full on you would know about it.

Accidents waiting to happen indeed!!One of our party who decided to make his way back to the City after the GP on these scooters ended up in Solec Hospital after being knocked unconscious!!Kept in hospital for observation and also transferred to another hospital for a neurological CT scan!Medical advice was to fly home today and not yesterday as scheduled!!:(Other than that,it was a cracking weekend with Legia Warsaw being at home too on Sunday evening with volleys of tear gas being dispersed long after the match finished!!:o

19 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Accidents waiting to happen indeed!!One of our party who decided to make his way back to the City after the GP on these scooters ended up in Solec Hospital after being knocked unconscious!!Kept in hospital for observation and also transferred to another hospital for a neurological CT scan!Medical advice was to fly home today and not yesterday as scheduled!!:(Other than that,it was a cracking weekend with Legia Warsaw being at home too on Sunday evening with volleys of tear gas being dispersed long after the match finished!!:o

Was that on the city side of the bridge, next to the tower thingy. We saw the car that was sat on top of a scooter, but ad there was no blood or gore, we kinda assumed no one was hurt.

My friend at work when I said how many there was, said that there is a big movement to try and get them banned.

Home your friend is ok.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Was that on the city side of the bridge, next to the tower thingy. We saw the car that was sat on top of a scooter, but ad there was no blood or gore, we kinda assumed no one was hurt.

My friend at work when I said how many there was, said that there is a big movement to try and get them banned.

Home your friend is ok.

Yes it was City side of the bridge from what we've been told and it was a collision with a motor vehicle,so probably was what you saw.

Our friend is home and OK.Cheers for asking.:t:

Personally preferred the original A, B,C, D finals, when the GP first started. Gave the qualifying heats more importance, 8 points would rarely have been enough to be in with a shout of winning the GP. Don't know why they changed it ..?

How many races did Keke Rosberg win in F1 when he was world champion over 35 years ago?

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

How many races did Keke Rosberg win in F1 when he was world champion over 35 years ago?

That is very different.  In a F1 GP, each driver has ONE race; a an SGP, each rider has 5-7 races.

The F1 series is a simple points-accumulating effort, the same as the SGP series; Mark Loram won by gaining the most points without winning a GP.  That is fine, and that is just as fine with F1.  What people generally are having an issue with is that somebody is declared the winner of an SGP when he achieved a lot less than several riders above him.  Madsen not only won fewer races, but scored fewer points than several others.

Steve

17 minutes ago, chunky said:

That is very different.  In a F1 GP, each driver has ONE race; a an SGP, each rider has 5-7 races.

The F1 series is a simple points-accumulating effort, the same as the SGP series; Mark Loram won by gaining the most points without winning a GP.  That is fine, and that is just as fine with F1.  What people generally are having an issue with is that somebody is declared the winner of an SGP when he achieved a lot less than several riders above him.  Madsen not only won fewer races, but scored fewer points than several others.

Steve

Still, according to wikipedia that season had 11 different winners in 16 races and Keke only won one. Loram when he was champion didnt win at all. Like you say I see now.

I'm with the guy who said it's now as good as it can get. There's high drama for every round as the meeting will see a winner that has deserved it (or not, like in Warsaw when Lindgren gave it away). It's for that one night. Then there's the series for which these "one heat wonders" dont get taken in to count, because like Madsen did, on the night he was only worth the GP points he gathered.

• Like 1

Had a great weekend in Warsaw for 1st time visit as part of a group on a 30 years reunion, met on way to Munich 1989 !!, Warsaw was so cheap reasonable priced hotel, wuffy was staying Friday nite, think he over did breakfast going by his scores Saturday night !! Looking to return next year as lots cheaper than Cardiff,

Also scooters looked fun need to find out how to hire them, saw a couple of retired northern speedway riders enjoying themselves bombing about on Sunday afternoon,

5 minutes ago, Neila said:

Had a great weekend in Warsaw for 1st time visit as part of a group on a 30 years reunion, met on way to Munich 1989 !!, Warsaw was so cheap reasonable priced hotel, wuffy was staying Friday nite, think he over did breakfast going by his scores Saturday night !! Looking to return next year as lots cheaper than Cardiff,

Also scooters looked fun need to find out how to hire them, saw a couple of retired northern speedway riders enjoying themselves bombing about on Sunday afternoon,

Searching through transport options over the weekend Neila via Google maps and Lime comes up(that's the scooters).Think you have to register before using them.It was quite funny actually seeing these scooters just abandoned all over Warsaw!:rofl:

One name.

Jerzy Sczerz  Sczerzak Shzerzack

The guy who beat Ivan in 1973.

Him.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, horneymikh said:

Personally preferred the original A, B,C, D finals, when the GP first started. Gave the qualifying heats more importance, 8 points would rarely have been enough to be in with a shout of winning the GP. Don't know why they changed it ..?

Who cares who finishes 13th by winning a d final? Not sure even the ridera wanted to ride such a heat if they had an off night in the first five.

The apps I used for the scooters were Lime and Hive .. just waiting at airport to come home but must have done around 25 miles on scooters this week