British Speedway Forum

First one but I think the SGP qualifying could be a success, came over great on television, not sure about in the stadium but overall a success IMO.

Heat 4 should be a good'un

Edited by Terry

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

As I understood the rules, any lap started within the one minute time allowance could be completed, however the recording appears to be limited to four laps?

Jason Doyle was the only one that recorded a fifth lap, and he was the first to go.  Think the others realised that after lap one they would be going slower, and apart from one or two I think that was the case.

Possibly I could say it was alright, but after the next round the novelty may have worn off.

Can’t see anyone who saw that tonight saying ‘oh yeah, must watch the Speedway tomorrow ‘

Fair play for trying something different but can’t see it being worth televising live

3 hours ago, Lioness said:

Can’t see anyone who saw that tonight saying ‘oh yeah, must watch the Speedway tomorrow ‘

Fair play for trying something different but can’t see it being worth televising live

I said the same a few months ago.  

• Like 1

Maybe not a great TV spectacle but I bet  it's given Robert Lambert a huge boost going into this meeting.

Just needs to nail some effing starts!

• Like 1

The most enjoyable part was the jostling for a good starting number after the qualifying times were listed. It was interesting for the purist who enjoys riding styles and it was only a little less of an on-track boring spectacle than the average whole match in the PL. Also, it lasted a lot less time than they do and so retained it's interest better I thought.

Clearly, the first rider out ( Doyle ) and the first out after the grading ( Zagar ) do have an advantage, however minimal. The time differences were minimal anyway and I bet the three who will take pot luck are not last after the GP is finished. Zagar showed his intelligence by sussing out what you really had to do and smashed it on his single lap.

Do you think it would be better setting times over 4 laps from the tapes? 

Draw of riders dependent on current sgp position ? 

I really hope the roof was shut. The Thunderstorms during the night were enough to wake me up several times.

• Like 2