British Speedway Forum

3 nights for me sandwiched between weds and sun nights in Berlin. Cant wait under 3 weeks time till i set off :)

All those wanting to see Speedway on the Sunday 19th May  have a match Wroclaw v Torun which was postponed yesterday starts at 20.15pm local- i suppose the alternative is find a sports bar in Warsaw and watch it while having a few Tyskie`s !!!!

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

All those wanting to see Speedway on the Sunday 19th May  have a match Wroclaw v Torun which was postponed yesterday starts at 20.15pm local- i suppose the alternative is find a sports bar in Warsaw and watch it while having a few Tyskie`s !!!!

We are booked on a train from Warsaw to Berlin leaving at 12.37 Sunday lunchtime, I have a feeling we might be making a diversion now.

1 random question obviously we will be travelling with luggage, we cant be the first people to have the problem of what to do with said luggage (probably a holdal) as I assume they aren't going to let us take them in the stadium...lol

On 4/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, teaboy279 said:

We are booked on a train from Warsaw to Berlin leaving at 12.37 Sunday lunchtime, I have a feeling we might be making a diversion now.

1 random question obviously we will be travelling with luggage, we cant be the first people to have the problem of what to do with said luggage (probably a holdal) as I assume they aren't going to let us take them in the stadium...lol

Train stations have usually have places to keep your luggage. Hotels do... Big ones of both next to the Zloty something shopping mall. Which also is the main train station in warsaw.

Edited by f-s-p
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, teaboy279 said:

Hope this helps teaboy279:- https://bagbnb.com/luggage-storage/wroclaw

;)

• Thanks 1

Another Polish league match arranged for the day after the GP Nice Polska Lodz v Gniezno start time 16.30pm local(also on polish TV)

Also Div 2 matches Krakow v Rawicz start time 16.00 local and Krosno v Opole start time 17.00 local

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Another Polish league match arranged for the day after the GP Nice Polska Lodz v Gniezno start time 16.30pm local(also on polish TV)

Also Div 2 matches Krakow v Rawicz start time 16.00 local and Krosno v Opole start time 17.00 local

Lodz is less than 100 miles from Warsaw.    A few will surely go from the GP to Lodz.

Presumably Lambert will  now take Hancock's place for the time being?

17 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Presumably Lambert will  now take Hancock's place for the time being?

Yes that's been confirmed on the SGP website. For Warsaw at least although Greg's statement gave me the impression he will take a few months off rather then a few weeks. 

Thoughts are with his family of course, hopefully it's all been caught early and after a bit of time thier lives return back to normal.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Whats the news on Greg????

GREG HANCOCK STATEMENT IN FULL

Hi guys,

It has been a little quiet lately and I just wanted to give everyone an update on what’s going on.

In recent weeks, my family were rocked with the news that my wife, Jennie, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. To cut a long story short, Jennie had some check-ups and unfortunately it was confirmed to us that she has an aggressive form of breast cancer that requires immediate treatment.

Anyone who has met Jennie will know she’s so strong and she will fight this horrible disease with everything she has, and both myself and our three boys – Wilbur, Bill and Karl – will be right by her side while she does it.

She has a challenging road ahead! My 100% priority is being there for her and our boys and until things go back to normal. I will take a break from racing now in order to give her my everything.

I want to thank my crew, Swedish team Dackarna, Monster Energy and all of my sponsors for being so understanding and supportive at what is such a difficult time. I also want to thank the FIM and BSI who have been fantastic.

I always receive amazing support from my fans and I am so grateful for that, but as a family we want to beat this thing privately and get back to normal as quick as we can.

See you again soon.

Thanks,

Greg

Terrible news.  Wishing all good luck to the Hancock family.

I sincerely hope that the treatment goes well for Jennie, and both Jennie and the family stay positive and strong.