British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

10 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Sadly, due to Peterborough beating Lakeside tonight, the Comets have been denied the chance of topping the league table !

It would have been brilliant...but heyho.

Workington can still finish top by winning their final two matches.

It would be too late to choose your play-off opponents, but will still go down in the league table in the record books.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

A strange sequence of events, finish top but not before the cut off, finish top and not win the League, finish second and possibly win the League.

• Like 2

we can still dream cant we 

were in the playoffs so were still in with a chance 

never wanted to win it more than this year as the team were slagged off so much pre season 

then the few things that's gone on during season 

ive never seen such team spirit ever from a comets team 

Still possible but there are some strong teams out there, Peterborough will never be that weak again I doubt, Glasgow have some big hitters in their team, Lakeside may be not the same team having had to move to Rye House and lost a little home advantage..

Its still all to play for and very wide open, hopefully Ty Proctor will be fit again soon.

id have fancied our chances against anyone a few weeks back 

with ty you just don't know what the score is and without dan we are weaker 

Glasgow with cookie are a different team and Peterborough are stronger using well selected guests 

id agree lakeside look weaker than they did a short time back

• Like 3

If we had Bewley and everyone 100% I'm certain we could run anyone for their money out of the other 3.

It'll be interesting to see how we go as it's so wide open, personally, I think it's Glasgow's to lose from what I've seen as of late but never say never and every day is different in the land of Speedway

• Like 2

Hope  Workington win it just to spite godfrey, be awesome.

• Like 8

Just now, Pinny said:

Hope  Workington win it just to spite godfrey, be awesome.

You and me both

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Times & Star has a report of Summers being in for Klindt at Newcastle tomorrow? :)

I thought Klindt rode for a Polish Div 2 team, if that’s the case why are they getting a facility. Extraleague and Div 1 only was agreed by the BSPA.

11 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I thought Klindt rode for a Polish Div 2 team, if that’s the case why are they getting a facility. Extraleague and Div 1 only was agreed by the BSPA.

He rides for Ostrow in League 2 as you rightly suspected ....

34 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

20 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

He rides for Ostrow in League 2 as you rightly suspected ....

6 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

This is true.....strange world  Speedway, maybe its a play off meeting so the rules change.:rolleyes:

Maybe thinking wrong here, but did I not read somewhere that, because it's a re-arranged fixture, Comets are allowed a facility?  Now, the problem is, I don't know if the Polish fixture is a re-arranged match as well!!

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Maybe thinking wrong here, but did I not read somewhere that, because it's a re-arranged fixture, Comets are allowed a facility?  Now, the problem is, I don't know if the Polish fixture is a re-arranged match as well!!

Polish fixture is a play-off one. So that's been in the diary since day 1. Technically Comets shouldn't be allowed a facility as it's a division 2 match, irrespective of the comets fixture being re-arranged,  but it would appear the BSPA management committee keep changing the rules as they go along.

3 minutes ago, leander said:

Polish fixture is a play-off one. So that's been in the diary since day 1. Technically Comets shouldn't be allowed a facility as it's a division 2 match, irrespective of the comets fixture being re-arranged,  but it would appear the BSPA management committee keep changing the rules as they go along.

Maybe Nicolai is getting married, therefore the precedent has been set lol!

• Haha 4