British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

8 minutes ago, leander said:

Polish fixture is a play-off one. So that's been in the diary since day 1. Technically Comets shouldn't be allowed a facility as it's a division 2 match, irrespective of the comets fixture being re-arranged,  but it would appear the BSPA management committee keep changing the rules as they go along.

Maybe they realised that the rule as it stood was a load of horse pooh and was depriving the public of proper value for money let alone the loss of potential earnings for the Diamonds. Maybe just maybe common sense has prevailed but i doubt it.

• Like 2

:D Comets benefitting from a bit of rule bending....well I never!! B)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, leander said:

Polish fixture is a play-off one. So that's been in the diary since day 1. Technically Comets shouldn't be allowed a facility as it's a division 2 match, irrespective of the comets fixture being re-arranged,  but it would appear the BSPA management committee keep changing the rules as they go along.

The FIM ISL regs only include Extraliga and Liga 1 as having priority but the actual ISL calendar also shows Liga 2 with Sunday priority. 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Maybe thinking wrong here, but did I not read somewhere that, because it's a re-arranged fixture, Comets are allowed a facility?  Now, the problem is, I don't know if the Polish fixture is a re-arranged match as well!!

You are either allowed a facility for a Polish D2 match or your not, play off or rearranged fixture doesn’t come into it,

Yet another classic example of rule bending/breaking to suit a team or person.

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

You are either allowed a facility for a Polish D2 match or your not, play off or rearranged fixture doesn’t come into it,

Yet another classic example of rule bending/breaking to suit a team or person.

it would be nice to know just who is  bending/breaking the rules , ie // the person/s behind it .but i dont think we will ever find out .

8 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Hardly matters does it,top four are decided nothing dependant on it,move along please 

moved !

Not really, rules have to be black and white, there is no room for grey or the ‘it doesn’t matter’ argument. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really, rules have to be black and white, there is no room for grey or the ‘it doesn’t matter’ argument. 

Please inform the BSPA, that there is "NO GREY AREAS". Because certain members of that shower of chit, can and do find plenty on the dark side!!!!

• Like 1

Look, if a team gets a facility for a rider getting married,why should anything else surprise us,rules and regs in speedway have always been a joke it's heads or tails in most cases and some will always benefit more than others

• Like 2

First away track i went was berwick in 1972 first record we heard their was layla by eric.clapton at newcastle now 46 yrs later and they have just played it , nothing changes !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

First away track i went was berwick in 1972 first record we heard their was layla by eric.clapton at newcastle now 46 yrs later and they have just played it , nothing changes !

Maybe so but it still beats anything from modern day IMO:o

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gregory peck said:

Hardly matters does it,top four are decided nothing dependant on it,move along please 

Again “hardly matters” doesn’t cut it.

The BSPA MC making it up as we go along is half the reason why nobody takes this sport seriously and why it’s in the mess it currently finds itself.

• Like 2

I know we struggled to obtain guests today but I would love to hear from one of our statisticians  out there who could let us know just how sh*** Doolan always is when guesting for us. Did we do something bad to him in a previous life? Worrall is another that springs to mind, but Doolan is in a league of his own.

Full marks to Aaron Summers who has been excellent for us recently.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I know we struggled to obtain guests today but I would love to hear from one of our statisticians  out there who could let us know just how sh*** Doolan always is when guesting for us. Did we do something bad to him in a previous life? Worrall is another that springs to mind, but Doolan is in a league of his own.

Full marks to Aaron Summers who has been excellent for us recently.

something tells me there will not be any records of how poor some guests have been . they will all be in room 101 ..