British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

17 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I know we struggled to obtain guests today but I would love to hear from one of our statisticians  out there who could let us know just how sh*** Doolan always is when guesting for us. Did we do something bad to him in a previous life? Worrall is another that springs to mind, but Doolan is in a league of his own.

Full marks to Aaron Summers who has been excellent for us recently.

was always the same when we booked ross brady awful as a guest but always got double figures against us

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

something tells me there will not be any records of how poor some guests have been . they will all be in room 101 ..

I think it would be very interesting to see guest averages, particularly if it also compared them with their average when visiting with their 'own team'.

Fine night for Aaron i am sure his strong finish to the season wont have gone unnoticed and a return to his parent club next year cant be ruled out.

Will be on a more attractive average than Vissing it would be a no brainer.

Edited by Gazc

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Hope  Workington win it just to spite godfrey, be awesome.

That would be one up for Worky not to mention your injury to Dan what i think is, remarkably you have achieved this with young Kyle at 7 all season, seen him win the Stars meeting at Berwick last night sure he will be a very decent rider with more experience one for the future good luck in the playoffs.

• Like 3

Bit of a after the lord mayor's show meeting tonight awful track and poor racing i would give up.watching that everyweek  , thank the lord summers was riding we didnt look good at all.

Robbo is a fine and fair speedway rider who has had more than his fair share of injuries. Just like to wish him all the very best in whatever he decides to do.

A rare off night for Rasser tonight compounded by a poor show from guest Kevin Doolan precluded us getting anything from the meeting. Super show from guest Aaron Summers who had good support from Rene who was reportedly suffering from the illness that affected Rasser Saturday and also Mason who stuck at it following a sketchy first heat when he done a 360 on turn 3/4. 

Edited by SteelShoe

53 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Just like to say Good Luck to Stuart Robson after he announced tonight that this season would be his last.  Been a great servant to Newcastle and also British Speedway in general.

Also well done Archie Freeman in winning the 150cc Youth Championship with four qualifying wins and a win in the Grand Final.

If Stuy Robson is set to retire I would like to personally thank him for 25 years service to the sport, always a favourite of mine since I was 16 years old.

However I am not suppressed to hear this sad news it has to be said and after me sitting this entire season out with the exception of both away meetings at Redcar, I don't see me returning to the speedway full time anymore either so that's the two of us calling it a day as Stuy is the only rider together with Willko that float my boat these days the only riders to get my passion to shout for!!

Good luck Stuy  on whatever you do in the future and Carl for next season wherever you are ridingl!!      

Edited by mike7164
Missspelt Carl

I've followed Robbos career since he was doing second halves at Berrington Lough , him and others like him are the bread & butter of speedway , good luck to him in whatever he does in the future 

8 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I thought Klindt rode for a Polish Div 2 team, if that’s the case why are they getting a facility. Extraleague and Div 1 only was agreed by the BSPA.

:rofl: :rofl: Hilarious...... Possibly same reason you got a guest for his Stag Night   :rolleyes:

Edited by Taylorj

Just chuffed we left with all riders in one piece ...that track doesn’t get any better , bend 4 is treacherous.  You see the tractors more than you see Speedway riders :rolleyes: Best of luck to Robbo for his future , seems a really nice guy and always fair on track ..ah well there’s one good thing about Brough Park .. the way Out !! B)

• Haha 1

yawn ….. same old tedious comments about track

anyway …. not a bad meeting which clearly had an end of season feel to it and the comets (those who turned up) clearly trying to avoid injury for their very busy hectic post season (lucky sods)

well done guys …. 8th ………… I certainly had us in bottom 3 at start with redcar and Berwick (hats off to them for 5th)

good luck Workington ….. probably the most open playoffs ever ………… lakeside moving to rye could scupper them …. other 3 look capable of beating each other 

as for 2018 …..  some good meetings …. but overall good riddance ………. season far too disjointed …. it was a year of survival … we did …. roll on 2019 with optimism

all the best robbo ….. great servant to speedway …. and pleased you got out whilst being competitive and fit 

and very well done archie … 125cc champion ……   next stop .. the 250s :D

• Like 1

Robson has been a fantastic rider , one of the legends of the sport. 

Always remember his guest performances at Newport filling in for Wato. He was a master aroun Queensway Meadows.

glad he will retire in one piece after some horrible injuries.

• Like 2

Always enjoyed watching Robbo race - quite possibly my favourite non Witch

Guts determination and no little skill too

No doubt that a speedway with 'more Robbos' would be in a better place

Good luck to him for the future

• Like 1