British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

16 minutes ago, leander said:

Oh you mean one of them full throttle, little skill, pure speed, fastest bike wins (yawn) tracks, where  the racing is so tremendously exciting that hardly anyone from Workington bothers to turn up and watch anymore.

av been to Workington,,,,,,,,,,,,, once ;)

Oh,,, and Keith was there :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

That'll be the track which your riders didn't want to ride in the second meeting of our double-header then.

4 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Now you are making yourself look stupid as if you only knew how much I have travelled to watch speedway over the last 10 years... Quite a few fans on here (Berwick, Redcar, Glasgow and Plymouth to name a few teams) who do know me will vouch for that 

2 hours ago, leander said:

Oh you mean one of them full throttle, little skill, pure speed, fastest bike wins (yawn) tracks, where  the racing is so tremendously exciting that hardly anyone from Workington bothers to turn up and watch anymore.

:lol::D Water off a ducks back :icon_smile_clown:

Read what Halifax Tiger says about speedway at Workington, been some excellent meetings this season and last. I've been to Newcastle once, the track seemed ok on that occasion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, leander said:

Yes that's true Liga 2 does have priority but no facility is granted for liga 2 fixtures. Teams just have to suck it. 

Or the MC for some reason allow the team a facility even though their own rules don’t allow it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

With only two teams racing yesterday I find it very hard to believe we struggled for a guest? I'm assuming it was a case of stop at the first guy to say yes and unfortunately for us yesterday that yes came from Doolan?

To be fair, I half expected to see a Newcastle junior in there once Pickering was frogmarched to Poland so....not too much difference in that respect but hey, we've had a good run of em lately so I suppose it had to fall flat at some point, disappointing result, not entirely down to Doolan but....it is what it is now so let's just buckle up and see where the next 6wks takes us!! ;)

Maybe Kev damaged his bike when in another points scoring position in his second race?

Did Kev not get the points he scored by beating Newcastle riders? (Think he beat twice as many as 2 Workington riders added together).

Good luck in the playoffs:cheers:

got to say robbo's retirement deserved a full page on the bspa website ..... not a one liner in the middle of our report

come on bspa - this guy entertained us for 26 years with his superb passing and riding skills ...... and he is a top bloke who rode his heart out and rode hard but FAIR

lets have a proper tribute for his services to british speedway

and I for one - would support a Stuart Robson farewell meeting at Brough ........  a 6 team pairs competition over 15 heats .... come on George and Martin .. Im sure the supporters would back it

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

got to say robbo's retirement deserved a full page on the bspa website ..... not a one liner in the middle of our report

come on bspa - this guy entertained us for 26 years with his superb passing and riding skills ...... and he is a top bloke who rode his heart out and rode hard but FAIR

lets have a proper tribute for his services to british speedway

and I for one - would support a Stuart Robson farewell meeting at Brough ........  a 6 team pairs competition over 15 heats .... come on George and Martin .. Im sure the supporters would back it

Followed by a NJL Gems match against Berwick's best  Academy team. Match race between Archie, Danny , Sam and Luke.

3 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Maybe Kev damaged his bike when in another points scoring position in his second race?

Did Kev not get the points he scored by beating Newcastle riders? (Think he beat twice as many as 2 Workington riders added together).

Good luck in the playoffs:cheers:

Maybe that big score at Ipswich the night before took it's toll on his bike and it just couldn't summon up another performance of the like and just gave up the ghost, but like I said it's done and it doesn't matter now, just got to battle on regardless!! :t:

Rasmus/Rene were both ill on Sunday and shouldn't really have been riding and Bickley looks like he's had enough for this year so yeah, maybe Doolan did beat more Newky rider's than a couple of ours but unfortunately for us he didn't beat the ones that mattered!! ;)

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 4:32 PM, Taylorj said:

Come down Friday Aceslider and see a decent speedway meeting without riders slowing down at the bends and bouncing up and down like yo-yo's :t:

The amount of fallers has no relevance really, just watching them hang on for grim death round the 4th bend was enough , riders from both teams , but hey I gladl'y don;t have to pay week in week out to watch it thank god 

Keith, the track has been no different anytime I've been , your lot are easily pleased over the NE to watch that every week , your lot know nothing else as they don't travel far to watch their team , get yourselves over Friday to support your team and see for yourself :approve:

I was over your place for the Ipswich meeting with my Gems team, and there was plenty of fallers and riders hanging on due to the ridges across the first bend. How many fallers was there that night ? More than fallers last Sunday, just ask Rory Schlein.

Edited by Tsunami

22 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I was over your place for the Ipswich meeting with my Gems team, and their was plenty of fallers and riders hanging on due to the ridges across the first bend. How many fallers was there that night ? More than fallers last Sunday, just ask Rory Schlein.

You took your time to retaliate :lol:  

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Or the MC for some reason allow the team a facility even though their own rules don’t allow it.

Like getting a 29 day facility for a rider taking time out the sport instead of a 28 day facility?

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

You took your time to retaliate :lol:  

I was waiting for a crap post by you, and you were bang on time again. Not denying what I said then.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I was waiting for a crap post by you, and you were bang on time again. Not denying what I said then.

Honestly

Brough Park will never be a favourite track of Taylorj however we have had worse weather on a lead in to a meeting to be honest and ended up with a better prepared track to be fair, I think there may have been a little "end of season with nothing much in it for Newcastle attitude" as it took 5 or 6 heats for the track to settle down before we seen any quality racing (which was no different to Derwent Park on Friday after horrendous weather over there; so pot/kettle black?) however the track was spot on for the kids  after the Diamonds/Comets match and well done Archie it was good to watch, kudos! Oh and the times in the second meeting which were only 8/10 seconds more than some of the "big boys" were doing on 500cc bikes rather than 150cc says so much and  this again sort of says to me that the track after 15 heats of racing then with a good period of grading was in a much better state for this meeting than the first event. Just my humble opinion of course.

Regards
THJ

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Brough Park will never be a favourite track of Taylorj however we have had worse weather on a lead in to a meeting to be honest and ended up with a better prepared track to be fair, I think there may have been a little "end of season with nothing much in it for Newcastle attitude" as it took 5 or 6 heats for the track to settle down before we seen any quality racing (which was no different to Derwent Park on Friday after horrendous weather over there; so pot/kettle black?) however the track was spot on for the kids  after the Diamonds/Comets match and well done Archie it was good to watch, kudos! Oh and the times in the second meeting which were only 8/10 seconds more than some of the "big boys" were doing on 500cc bikes rather than 150cc says so much and  this again sort of says to me that the track after 15 heats of racing then with a good period of grading was in a much better state for this meeting than the first event. Just my humble opinion of course.

Regards
THJ

totally honest post well said , was also impressed with young mr springer 

Edited by diamonds7