British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I was waiting for a crap post by you, and you were bang on time again. Not denying what I said then.

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Brough Park will never be a favourite track of Taylorj however we have had worse weather on a lead in to a meeting to be honest and ended up with a better prepared track to be fair, I think there may have been a little "end of season with nothing much in it for Newcastle attitude" as it took 5 or 6 heats for the track to settle down before we seen any quality racing (which was no different to Derwent Park on Friday after horrendous weather over there; so pot/kettle black?) however the track was spot on for the kids  after the Diamonds/Comets match and well done Archie it was good to watch, kudos! Oh and the times in the second meeting which were only 8/10 seconds more than some of the "big boys" were doing on 500cc bikes rather than 150cc says so much and  this again sort of says to me that the track after 15 heats of racing then with a good period of grading was in a much better state for this meeting than the first event. Just my humble opinion of course.

Regards
THJ

So you do agree with me THJ the track was crap for the first meeting :wink: :lol:

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Taylorj said:

So you do agree with me THJ the track was crap for the first meeting :wink: :lol:

Honestly

My mother always said never argue with a woman (but here goes)

I don't think I said "the track was crap" for the first meeting , if you read the post properly I think I have said ;or more over; what I was trying to purvey was; that I have seen the track prepared to a better condition following more adverse weather conditions leading up to a meeting than experienced leading up to this meeting, now whether that was down to having an hour less for preparation due to the earlier start time or down to a "devil may care" attitude with it being the last meeting of the season I could not honestly say.

However on my travels this season with Workington I have seen and watched meetings at 4 tracks in a worse state than Brough Park was on Sunday pre-start and you were definitely at two of those meetings (possibly 3) and had a fair bit to say about one of those meetings on here to be honest; (and possibly quite rightly as well)  and as pointed out Dewent Park was a "tad rough" (primarily very wet) prior to the Peterborough meeting and took a few heats to settle down however in defence it must be stated that it absolutely battered down one hour before the start of the meeting undoing all the hard work and effort put in by Steve Lawson and Chris that morning to get the track ready. So you can end up with a poor starting surface for the most genuine of reasons. (and one should not throw stones in a glass house)

So I fully understand anyone jumping to the defence of their home track when it comes under the spotlight on here and gets criticised, my only thought  is that a poorly prepared track (for whatever reason) detracts from the entertainment as I would have rather had 15 heats like the last 6.7 or 8 heats in both those meetings without having to go through the first 6 or 7 where it would appear the riders and their bikes are doing the track grading rather than the tractor. (that is a purely personal view)

Finally it wasn't the track that did for Workington on Sunday an unwell Rene Bach and Arron Summers didn't have any issues with the track or the surface and once Mason had done his pirouette in the first heat soon got to grips with it, (which was good to see) I would suggest that it was the lack of a third guest (who Tony Jackson tried so hard to arrange) with 3 points for Rider Replacement for Ty Proctor and an under-performing Rasmus Jensen and Kevin Doolan were the issue, Rasmus scored 13+ 2 on his last visit to Brough and Kevin had 5 and 8 points respectively on his last two trips to Newcastle. So if these two could have mustered 5 additional points from the 9 rides they had between them instead of running 5 last places and only achieving 5+1 off those 9 rides or a guest for Proctor then it would have potentially been a 46-44 win. But again if my Aunt had a pair of balls she would be my Uncle. 

Oh and on a real last point "its funny how there is no moaning about any track when there is an away win and never any credit for the track its surface or condition in contributing to that win" (possibly with the exception of Belle Vue which seems to get positive revues by most on here in equal measure from both home and away fans)(again that is just my perception which may be totally wide of the mark)

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 6

well said THJ

Taylorj - everytime Workington visit .. its the same boring crap from you everytime ................

newcastles track reputation is a joke .......... its nowhere near as bad as it is made out ...... as is most riders attitudes when it comes to racing it ... they arrive defeated before they start............  no more so than this year .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

well said THJ

Taylorj - everytime Workington visit .. its the same boring crap from you everytime ................

newcastles track reputation is a joke .......... its nowhere near as bad as it is made out ...... as is most riders attitudes when it comes to racing it ... they arrive defeated before they start............  no more so than this year .......

Quite agree. If it was like TaylorJ would have you believe after every visit to Newcastle, we wouldn't get decent riders like Robert Lambert and all the Danes who have rode for us. Look at the vid clips on Facebook showing the 150cc riders flying around the track after the earlier 15 heat Worky meeting and only with a light regrade to give the kids a new surface to ride on. The only falls on the night in the junior meeting were Andy Wareham, who hadn't looked steady in all his rides, and Sonny Springer who got the wrong line coming out of the second bend and drifted into the fence, and was fortunately not injured and rode great afterwards. Some people just like to moan for attention or a windup. 

• Like 1

Went to Newcastle for the first time this year and was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised, I've definitely seen worse over the years

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

well said THJ

Taylorj - every-time Workington visit .. its the same boring crap from you every-time ................

Newcastle track reputation is a joke .......... its nowhere near as bad as it is made out ...... as is most riders attitudes when it comes to racing it ... they arrive defeated before they start............  no more so than this year .......

Honestly

Apologies mauger65 but I must correct you there. Not every time Workington visit does TalorJ slate the track so I must leap to her defence on that one.

Newcastle vs Workington Knock Out Cup 8 July 2018 18:30 hours

Unfortunately you missed the meeting by all accounts so let me enlighten you; Worky won by 10 points with a much depleted team and fair play to them they wanted it more and deserved the win on what I would have considered a much worse track that which was raced on this Sunday as it was as slick as a "Tesco Car Park with French Chalk on it". Also due to the weather which was "El Scorchio" to say the least meant the track required well watering (and often) to keep the dust down, so Workington got a 10 point victory.

My point? Well not a squeak from TaylorJ not a peep, a yelp, a whimper, a whisper, an undertone, a mutter, a mumble, a complaint, a grumble, a moan, a grouse; a mutter, a gripe, a beef, a bitch not a murmur in any way shape or form about the track, not one post on that thread saying there was any issues with the track (which take it from me is amazing cos if moaning ever becomes an Olympic Event!!! Shoe in!!! Honest )

So as stated previously it is amazing how track conditions don't count a jot when you pick up an away win,  you could be riding round the local scrap metal yard knee deep in mud but that's okay we won. Yeah!!! But lose, Crap Track end off... Nothing to do with the guys on the track who fancied it when they won but didn't when they lost for whatever reason which is possibly the real reason. Then of course there is always the conspiracy theory that the shape gets changed from week to week just to confuse the opposition and get that fantastic home track advantage I keep hearing about... (Roll on square corners eh!)

However you have to love the passion commitment and loyalty to the team... Brilliant... PMSL

Like Eh!!!

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Quite agree. If it was like TaylorJ would have you believe after every visit to Newcastle, we wouldn't get decent riders like Robert Lambert and all the Danes who have rode for us. Look at the vid clips on Facebook showing the 150cc riders flying around the track after the earlier 15 heat Worky meeting and only with a light regrade to give the kids a new surface to ride on. The only falls on the night in the junior meeting were Andy Wareham, who hadn't looked steady in all his rides, and Sonny Springer who got the wrong line coming out of the second bend and drifted into the fence, and was fortunately not injured and rode great afterwards. Some people just like to moan for attention or a windup. 

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Apologies mauger65 but I must correct you there. Not every time Workington visit does TalorJ slate the track so I must leap to her defence on that one.

Newcastle vs Workington Knock Out Cup 8 July 2018 18:30 hours

Unfortunately you missed the meeting by all accounts so let me enlighten you; Worky won by 10 points with a much depleted team and fair play to them they wanted it more and deserved the win on what I would have considered a much worse track that which was raced on this Sunday as it was as slick as a "Tesco Car Park with French Chalk on it". Also due to the weather which was "El Scorchio" to say the least meant the track required well watering (and often) to keep the dust down, so Workington got a 10 point victory.

My point? Well not a squeak from TaylorJ not a peep, a yelp, a whimper, a whisper, an undertone, a mutter, a mumble, a complaint, a grumble, a moan, a grouse; a mutter, a gripe, a beef, a bitch not a murmur in any way shape or form about the track, not one post on that thread saying there was any issues with the track (which take it from me is amazing cos if moaning ever becomes an Olympic Event!!! Shoe in!!! Honest )

So as stated previously it is amazing how track conditions don't count a jot when you pick up an away win,  you could be riding round the local scrap metal yard knee deep in mud but that's okay we won. Yeah!!! But lose, Crap Track end off... Nothing to do with the guys on the track who fancied it when they won but didn't when they lost for whatever reason which is possibly the real reason. Then of course there is always the conspiracy theory that the shape gets changed from week to week just to confuse the opposition and get that fantastic home track advantage I keep hearing about... (Roll on square corners eh!)

However you have to love the passion commitment and loyalty to the team... Brilliant... PMSL

Like Eh!!!

Regards
THJ

Cast your minds back to the week before...Newc v Scunny, how long again to get a meeting in :blink: 6 falls for Newcastle , 2 falls for Scunny...from updates B4L1, B4L3, B4L3,B4L2 need I go on ?? Week before that Newc v Lakeside 4 falls , come on !! Bend 4 is rough at Brough.. I ain't the only one who thinks the way out is the best thing over there believe me I'm just the more vocal one ;) Speaking to riders (not Worky's) after Sundays meeting, they don't mind a technical track just not a S... track . It's my opinion , you all have yours , so as always we will agree to disagree :approve:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Cast your minds back to the week before...Newc v Scunny, how long again to get a meeting in :blink: 6 falls for Newcastle , 2 falls for Scunny...from updates B4L1, B4L3, B4L3,B4L2 need I go on ?? Week before that Newc v Lakeside 4 falls , come on !! Bend 4 is rough at Brough.. I ain't the only one who thinks the way out is the best thing over there believe me I'm just the more vocal one ;) Speaking to riders (not Worky's) after Sundays meeting, they don't mind a technical track just not a S... track . It's my opinion , you all have yours , so as always we will agree to disagree :approve:

A think of the bend 4 falls, 2 of the falls were, Lindgren - snapped chains and, the other 2 were Wilkinson - who to be fair could fall out of bed ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

anyway ... good luck to Workington ...............  you have a busy October ........

and plenty of room on the terracing for any fans wanting a late season meeting or two .