British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship 16/09/18 @ 5.30pm

9 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Just chuffed we left with all riders in one piece ...that track doesn’t get any better , bend 4 is treacherous.  You see the tractors more than you see Speedway riders :rolleyes: Best of luck to Robbo for his future , seems a really nice guy and always fair on track ..ah well there’s one good thing about Brough Park .. the way Out !! B)

And the next best thing is arriving home in Workington ?? :o:o

• Haha 2

Happy retirement to Robbo,always gives 100% and entertainer, and has over come some nasty injuries.Best of luck in the future.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Just chuffed we left with all riders in one piece ...that track doesn’t get any better , bend 4 is treacherous.  You see the tractors more than you see Speedway riders :rolleyes: Best of luck to Robbo for his future , seems a really nice guy and always fair on track ..ah well there’s one good thing about Brough Park .. the way Out !! B)

You mention bend 4, 2 fallers (3 if you include Camptons 'nearly') both Diamonds and both bend 3,,, strange that ;)

Best wishes to Robbo, as most agree, a good, fair rider and has been a great advert for speedway in general :t:

15 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I know we struggled to obtain guests today but I would love to hear from one of our statisticians  out there who could let us know just how sh*** Doolan always is when guesting for us. Did we do something bad to him in a previous life? Worrall is another that springs to mind, but Doolan is in a league of his own.

Full marks to Aaron Summers who has been excellent for us recently.

With only two teams racing yesterday I find it very hard to believe we struggled for a guest? I'm assuming it was a case of stop at the first guy to say yes and unfortunately for us yesterday that yes came from Doolan?

To be fair, I half expected to see a Newcastle junior in there once Pickering was frogmarched to Poland so....not too much difference in that respect but hey, we've had a good run of em lately so I suppose it had to fall flat at some point, disappointing result, not entirely down to Doolan but....it is what it is now so let's just buckle up and see where the next 6wks takes us!! ;)

Good luck for the future Stuart. A good, reliable, entertaining rider, a nice chap and a role model for any youngster.

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous retirement Stuart. Whoever you rode for, you gave your best, no more could be asked of you. 

Redcar fans will remember you fondly. 

Well done !! 

Best wishes to Stuart, who would always regard a 99% effort as a shameful dereliction of duty. Always a pleasure to watch at Monmore.

16 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Just been reading the Newcastle v Workington K.O.Cup thread from July 8th ... All 6 pages of it ( including 3 posts from yourself) and guess what?  there is NOT ONE complaint about the state of the track that night ... I wondered  why that was, then I remembered your lot won!!!  Strange that!! Then again anything your lot say about speedway I take with a pinch of salt as your lot also think Robert Lambert is not a very good speedway rider 

Edited by KEITH M

23 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

The FIM ISL regs only include Extraliga and Liga 1 as having priority but the actual ISL calendar also shows Liga 2 with Sunday priority. 

Yes that's true Liga 2 does have priority but no facility is granted for liga 2 fixtures. Teams just have to suck it. 

16 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

Robbo great rider and team man but I do think it is the right time to go not quite riding he once was all the best for the future

Except he's top of Newcastle averages so he goes out on a high. Personally I'd thought he'd do one more but hey ho. All the best Robbo and thanks for the memories (and there are lots).

51 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Just been reading the Newcastle v Workington K.O.Cup thread from July 8th ... All 6 pages of it ( including 3 posts from yourself) and guess what?  there is NOT ONE complaint about the state of the track that night ... I wondered  why that was, then I remembered your lot won!!!  Strange that!! Then again anything your lot say about speedway I take with a pinch of salt as your lot also think Robert Lambert is not a very good speedway rider 

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

You mention bend 4, 2 fallers (3 if you include Camptons 'nearly') both Diamonds and both bend 3,,, strange that ;)

Best wishes to Robbo, as most agree, a good, fair rider and has been a great advert for speedway in general :t:

7 hours ago, Aceslider said:

And the next best thing is arriving home in Workington ?? :o:o

Come down Friday Aceslider and see a decent speedway meeting without riders slowing down at the bends and bouncing up and down like yo-yo's :t:

The amount of fallers has no relevance really, just watching them hang on for grim death round the 4th bend was enough , riders from both teams , but hey I gladl'y don;t have to pay week in week out to watch it thank god 

Keith, the track has been no different anytime I've been , your lot are easily pleased over the NE to watch that every week , your lot know nothing else as they don't travel far to watch their team , get yourselves over Friday to support your team and see for yourself :approve:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Come down Friday Aceslider and see a decent speedway meeting without riders slowing down at the bends and bouncing up and down like yo-yo's :t:

That'll be the track which your riders didn't want to ride in the second meeting of our double-header then.

20 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Keith, the track has been no different anytime I've been , your lot are easily pleased over the NE to watch that every week , your lot know nothing else as they don't travel far to watch their team , get yourselves over Friday to support your team and see for yourself :approve:

Now you are making yourself look stupid as if you only knew how much I have travelled to watch speedway over the last 10 years... Quite a few fans on here (Berwick, Redcar, Glasgow and Plymouth to name a few teams) who do know me will vouch for that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Oh you mean one of them full throttle, little skill, pure speed, fastest bike wins (yawn) tracks, where  the racing is so tremendously exciting that hardly anyone from Workington bothers to turn up and watch anymore.

• Like 1