British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

15 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Glasgow won't agree any dates that won't involve cook because without him they can't win it

No we won't win it without him that is why no dates will be agreed unless he will be there.

Would defeat the purpose in signing him if we did.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

From a sport point of view surely you pick the team you think you can beat. 

Peterborough will prob pick lakeside as they done them over on a neutral track .  it will be a a different  lakeside in the play offs . workington will be happy with Glasgow as they had a good meeting @  Glasgow. but its not our choice .

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

No we won't win it without him that is why no dates will be agreed unless he will be there.

Would defeat the purpose in signing him if we did.

Cook riding in the Championship is a complete farce , he’s a (supposedly) GP rider for Christ sake, shows money talks you’ve tried to buy the league for the past few years let’s hope it goes to Lakeside, Peterborough or Workington . Not a bit of wonder British Speedway is on its arse and top riders prefer riding in Poland/ Sweden , nothing but a corrupt bunch of team managers running it into the ground . 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jamlad said:

Cook riding in the Championship is a complete farce , he’s a (supposedly) GP rider for Christ sake, shows money talks you’ve tried to buy the league for the past few years let’s hope it goes to Lakeside, Peterborough or Workington . Not a bit of wonder British Speedway is on its arse and top riders prefer riding in Poland/ Sweden , nothing but a corrupt bunch of team managers running it into the ground . 

If you have no ambition to win the League when you enter then what is the point of entering , in respect to who you want to win the league down to you, I don't think any of us will lose any sleep over that.

Craig Cook puts bums on seats is that not a good thing, well I would have thought it would be.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If you have no ambition to win the League when you enter then what is the point of entering , in respect to who you want to win the league down to you, I don't think any of us will lose any sleep over that.

Craig Cook puts bums on seats is that not a good thing, well I would have thought it would be.

I agree with jamlad to an extent, Cookie shouldn't be riding in GP's , Premiership and the Championship...bums on seats for who ?? Glasgow thats about it ..I'm sure if any other team signed the likes of Woffinden and or Pederson in our league there would be plenty of disgruntled teams, bit of a difference between ambition and desperation :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, jamlad said:

“Tried to buy the league...”. Is that the same as trying to run a successful business by constructing a team that will entertain and have a chance of winning some silverware?! 

What next, Team GB (backed by the same people) trying to buy the World Cup?! 

“Nothing but a corrupt bunch of team managers running it into the ground” is that apart from the Lakeside, P’boro and Workington promotion that you want to see win the title?! 

Is it safe to assume your team didn’t make the play offs?! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

I agree with jamlad to an extent, Cookie shouldn't be riding in GP's , Premiership and the Championship...bums on seats for who ?? Glasgow thats about it ..I'm sure if any other team signed the likes of Woffinden and or Pederson in our league there would be plenty of disgruntled teams, bit of a difference between ambition and desperation :rolleyes:

Did Stonehewer not ride in the GP’s when at Workington?! 

And Cook rode for you last year, fast forward 12 months and he shouldn’t be allowed in the league that he committed to for the rest of his Speedway career? 

Sounds like you may be running scared of the Cookie Monster in the play offs! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Solidmango said:

Did Stonehewer not ride in the GP’s when at Workington?! 

And Cook rode for you last year, fast forward 12 months and he shouldn’t be allowed in the league that he committed to for the rest of his Speedway career? 

Sounds like you may be running scared of the Cookie Monster in the play offs! 

Not really, I'm a big fan of Cookie .. I'm sure the rule that was bent was that if Craig came back to ride in our league he had to ride for the team he rode previous 12 months which I'm sure wasn't Glasgow...Speedway is a funny old sport, all depends on the day whether you win or not . I'd take my 1-7 any day , bring on the play-offs, KOC and Championship semi final :approve:

32 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

So Cook is not an attraction in this league just to clear that bit up :rolleyes:, having ambition is now desperation because all I have seen from Glasgow is ambition and trying to promote the sport in the local area.

If that is what you deem desperation then there should be other promotions being desperate to succeed unfortunately there are some running clubs couldn't spell promote never mind doing it.

But I am sure everything will be rosy in the garden once all teams are on a level playing field with NO AMBITION.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Would have loved Cook to have come to Ipswich when King was out.

Nothing wrong in him signing for Glasgow

He is an attraction to the league and is the pantomime villan when he comes to Foxhall....the top rider in the league.

Yes he does put bums on seats 100% and thats a good thing.

I pick and choose my meetings at Ipswich and Glasgow was on of them because of Cook and Harris.......................no offence but i wast going to spend my money when Newcastle and Berwick were in town..................and yes i know Berwick did superb this season but when i do go i like to see the top riders in the league, Nicholls, Riss and Lawson as well

• Like 4

I only went cos of cook and Harris to. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Just a reminder to all the anti- Cook Glasgow posters. Glasgow lost Lewis Kerr (great guy) to a really bad injury. rather than run with rider replacement all season which would be cheating the fans they chose to sign a rider but not many out there with Lewis ability and average c7pts. So they did something radical they let Richie Worrall go also c7pts and replaced these 14 points with Craig Cook (c10pts) and Nathan Greaves (c4pts). Its not as if they signed Cook for a reserve, we didn't break any rules, some fans even thought Glasgow had weakened there team.

In the end, Craig has been good for Glasgow and Championship speedway and Richie Worrall has been good for Edinburgh. Nathan Greaves has sadly got injured, looked a good prospect, and Lewis Kerr is slowly recovering from injury.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Not really, I'm a big fan of Cookie .. I'm sure the rule that was bent was that if Craig came back to ride in our league he had to ride for the team he rode previous 12 months which I'm sure wasn't Glasgow...Speedway is a funny old sport, all depends on the day whether you win or not . I'd take my 1-7 any day , bring on the play-offs, KOC and Championship semi final :approve:

Just because you keep on saying it doesn't mean its true as other unbiased fans have repeatedly repeated. realise you are trying to emulate Jenga but at least Jenga can be funny. What is it about Workington fans, I blame the nuclear power station :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2