British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

Was always going to be the team P'boro picked taking into account logistics and who they think will be the best chance they have of winning.

After Saturday's result at Rye you can't blame them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jenga said:

just in case anyone did not know , its comets v tigers in the KO  cup semi . cant remember the last time i was as exciter over a semi !

I bet at your age you can't even remember the last time you had a semi:rofl:

If the Comets make the play off finals I shall try my hardest to get up and support you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

you know where the sweet spot is to stand , dont you ?

the last semi i had was on the 25th of July , i am now in a terraced . thanks for that 

if you come up , bring your welding gear . i need some cast iron arms re welded to my vintage garden seats . tea supplied , but bring your own biccies .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

just in case anyone did not know , its comets v tigers in the KO  cup semi . cant remember the last time i was as excited over a semi !

Lucky old you. The thought of seeing Peterborough three more times at the concrete bowl fills me with dread.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Lucky old you. The thought of seeing Peterborough three more times at the concrete bowl fills me with dread.

Maybe they should do what they do in Boxing, put all the ties on the line at once aggregate score from the first wins the lot, that would save an awful lot of bother for ya!! :D

1 hour ago, jenga said:

just in case anyone did not know , its comets v tigers in the KO  cup semi . cant remember the last time i was as excited over a semi !

Edited 1 hour ago by jenga

still cannot spell

Spelling's the least of your problems. It's not a KO cup semi. It's a League Play Off semi.

No doubt you'll be looking forward to seeing the hugely improved Sarj once (or twice) more. :t:

• Haha 2

Great draw for both Glasgow & Workington travel wise,  With the addition of Cook and the absence of Bewley the Tigers now look stronger than when the teams met earlier in the season.

Glasgow have the top end fire power with Harris now back on form but if Campton turns it on at reserve he could make all the difference.

I also think whoever wins this tie will win the play off final.

36 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Spelling's the least of your problems. It's not a KO cup semi. It's a League Play Off semi.

No doubt you'll be looking forward to seeing the hugely improved Sarj once (or twice) more. :t:

sarj is a bookies dream bet, will he or wont he ? still waiting for him to double his average as he promised the faccinas (spelling) he would . maybe next season he will finally kick on and lose the habit .he can do it .just needs  a little bit of luck ..

If it turns out that Lakeside.could have run at Lakeside till the end of the season ,as has been suggested .then Cookie has a lot to answer for..... Peterborough would not beat us around there

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Was always going to be the team P'boro picked taking into account logistics and who they think will be the best chance they have of winning.

After Saturday's result at Rye you can't blame them.

The latter - logistics played no part in our decision. 

23 minutes ago, waco said:

If it turns out that Lakeside.could have run at Lakeside till the end of the season ,as has been suggested .then Cookie has a lot to answer for..... Peterborough would not beat us around there

Who suggested that ?

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Your thought processes may have been a little different if the Hammers hadn't moved!

• Like 7

Its often debated as to what is the better way to go with team building - top heavy or strength in depth

Interesting the 4 qualifiers show perhaps its not important as  there are 2 of each 

The semis also see them pitched 1 top heavy against 1 depth so the results could swing the arguement one way or other

17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It's a shame you didn't consider logistics when arranging Sundays start times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyE said:

Your thought processes may have been a little different if the Hammers hadn't moved!

I don't think anyone would deny that , it has made it easier to decide , but just because Lakeside are on a different surface these days doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion and we should all treat it with respect in my opinion it is as strange for Peterborough as it is for Lakeside and it's wide open and all to play for.