British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

It's a shame you didn't consider logistics when arranging Sundays start times. 

?

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

It's a shame you didn't consider logistics when arranging Sundays start times. 

Sunday is Panthers normal race day usually starting at 5pm, they have put the meeting back two hours to  7pm . Surely if it causes a problem then Rye meeting should maybe bring there meeting forward say an hour and start at 1pm . Why did Lakeside/ Rye House not consider running the meeting Saturday night which I believe will be there normal race night .

There may be a flat track meeting on the Saturday

Edited by waco
Double word

3 hours ago, TonyE said:

Your thought processes may have been a little different if the Hammers hadn't moved!

Very possibly, but then at least this way both clubs get the bonus of good support at either venue

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Sunday is Panthers normal race day usually starting at 5pm, they have put the meeting back two hours to  7pm . Surely if it causes a problem then Rye meeting should maybe bring there meeting forward say an hour and start at 1pm . Why did Lakeside/ Rye House not consider running the meeting Saturday night which I believe will be there normal race night .

I totally agree, it should have been a midday start at Rye. Why make things awkward for riders and fans alike.

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I don't think anyone would deny that , it has made it easier to decide , but just because Lakeside are on a different surface these days doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion and we should all treat it with respect in my opinion it is as strange for Peterborough as it is for Lakeside and it's wide open and all to play for.

My point exactly, without the move, it would not have been strange for Lakeside at all.

• Like 3

With Peterborough v Lakeside dates arranged for the play off semi final very swiftly after the cut off its rather quiet up here in the north regarding the other play off between Glasgow & Workington,  Would have thought next weekend would have been ideal?

Cook has a GP the following weekend including practice plus another one after that and then there’s the final to arrange if we get through.

The silence is deafening!

47 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

With Peterborough v Lakeside dates arranged for the play off semi final very swiftly after the cut off its rather quiet up here in the north regarding the other play off between Glasgow & Workington,  Would have thought next weekend would have been ideal?

Cook has a GP the following weekend including practice plus another one after that and then there’s the final to arrange if we get through.

Shame cook wasnt needed for practice in poland next sat lol.

48 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Next week may be "Ideal" for Glasgow, but Workington are still involved in two other cup competitions. If you look at the fixtures, priority for the next couple of weekends is with the KOC and Championship Shield meetings, with play-off meetings the following week for the other two (Oct 5th-6th).

You MAY find that Workington already have fixtures for next weekend, providing they progress in the KOC tomorrow night of course. Although nothing is certain, they have a 10 point lead already , but as of yet cannot publish the Semi-Final fixtures till after the home KOC meeting is ran tomorrow night.

Understandably Glasgow won't run without Cookie the following weekend, so that probably explains the silence!

Its time cut off dates for the K O C  and L C are given.The draw for the semi off the L C was mid June  here we are 22/9 the second leg  off Wor v Scun will be raced.  In the K O C the first leg off New v Wor  Q / F  was raced 8/7, 11weeks later the second leg will be raced. Why can only think we had a bad SUMMER

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MANSE said:

Its time cut off dates for the K O C  and L C are given.The draw for the semi off the L C was mid June  here we are 22/9 the second leg  off Wor v Scun will be raced.  In the K O C the first leg off New v Wor  Q / F  was raced 8/7, 11weeks later the second leg will be raced. Why can only think we had a bad SUMMER

Workington are actually further on with these fixtures than Lakeside and Peterborough.

One leg of the KOC Q/F has already been run between Newcastle and Workington, whereas none of the KOC Q/F legs between Lakeside and Peterborough have been run yet. Edinburgh await the winners of the Workington v Newcastle Q/F and Scunthorpe await the winners of the other Q/F. In the Shield Workington have already raced the  away leg of the Semi-Final, with the home leg on Saturday, whereas Lakeside and Peterborough still have both legs to race.

• Like 2

What did my first sentence say,If you want to be picky at least Pet and Lak have got all their fixtures arranged, when is your KOC Semi and Play off Semi being held,The clubs are to blame for fixture chaos at the end off the season trying to fit fixtures in when they have had at least 12/13 weeks to get the KOC and LC completed forgot we had a terrible SUMMER

Edited by MANSE

4 minutes ago, MANSE said:

What did my first sentence say,If you want to be picky at least Pet and Lak have got all their fixtures arranged, when is your KOC Semi and Play off Semi being held,The clubs are to blame for fixture chaos at the end off the season trying to fit fixtures in when they have had at least 12/13 weeks to get the KOC and LC completed forgot we had a terrible SUMMER

Not sure what you're whinging for , Glasgow aren't in any of them anyhow :rolleyes: Fixtures are arranged around rider availability for one reason... You won't get Glasgow agreeing to the play-offs for weekend in Oct with no Cook , no difference for other teams wanting their 1-7 available for the other competitions either , throw into that other teams self interest and pulling the plug on Friday fixtures for PeterB, Worky and Lakeside so it is what it is 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Whoa!!!    Not been picky at all. How can you publish a fixture when you haven't qualified?

The KOC Semi participation isn't confirmed until both legs are run. Out of sheer common sense, you can't announce a fixture until you have qualified, it's like me saying "When are Glasgow running the Play-Off Final Home leg" IF Workington qualify then the fixtures will be announced, likewise if Newcastle qualify. These could well be agreed in principle already, but not announced.

As your club are only involved in the one competition (And current form suggests to me they have an excellent chance of winning it), they simply have to now try and sort out dates between the themselves and Workington. This has been made extremely difficult due to the shambles of cancelling fixtures for the three other clubs involved in all three competitions (Workington, Lakeside, and Peterborough), whereby the KOC and Semi-Finals of the Championship Shield may well have been run if the pre-season agreed League fixtures had been kept to.

In addition. there may have been instruction to run certain competitions first so to speak, as there are other clubs, like yourselves, waiting to arrange dates (Scunthorpe and Edinburgh), and perhaps their clout in saying what has to be run first, is the reason the play-offs are not first priority.

I could also ask when your play-off semi is being held. October 5th, 6th, or 7th?

• Like 3