British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

53 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Just a thought but if mother nature decides to pi*s on our parade literally and we end up not completing the season due to the weather and/or failing to get meetings run, how stupid are the people running our sport going to look after the warmest summer in decades.

There decision to alter the fixture calendar could ultimately cost them there jobs (here's hoping). 

The trouble is it won't cost them there jobs Chapman & Godfrey are as thick as thieves and will back each other as they know what is best for British speedway , wink & a nod and all that sort of stuff . I am still waiting for Chapman's vision of clarity that was promised when he took over as BSPA chairman, if things don't change then it's going to be a long wait with more clubs going to the wall. 

• Like 4

Buster is stepping down this winter is he not? Or did I dream that?

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Buster is stepping down this winter is he not? Or did I dream that?

Lets bloody hope so , needs to take the other one with him :rolleyes:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Lets bloody hope so , needs to take the other one with him :rolleyes:

Not exactly achieved much have they? Quite the opposite more likely.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Not exactly achieved much have they? Quite the opposite more likely.

Strangely 3 of the teams who they tried to screw over , Lakeside & Worky , Peterboro , are in the play-offs :lol: now there's a bit of karma for ya :approve:

• Like 4

Never in Speedway history have so many been screwed by so few.....sounds like something ive heard before ,,,,,oh yes after the war......

After reading the latest posts on this thread I decided to do a exercise on the two Saturday tracks Berwick race night Saturday Workington race night Saturday alternative night Friday,From  Sat 7/4 to Sat 30/6  is 13 Saturdays Berwick raced 10 meetings 1 rained off,  2 with no meeting.  Workington  raced 4 meetings { 2 v Glasgow 1 v Edin  1 v BER  on a Friday ) 1 rained off  and 8 with no meetings . Looking at these facts Berwick 2 no meetings, Workington 8 no meetings in the same period nothing to do with Godfrey and Chapman if Berwick can do it [young promotion ] why cant Workington do it now await all the flak but  figures do not lie 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't doubt your figures - may be it is a case of not being able to find any opposition willing to visit on those dates.

• Like 1

Same in the NL where Isle Of Wight have completed all there fixtures who we all know have a forward thinking promotion

16 minutes ago, bruno said:

Same in the NL where Isle Of Wight have completed all there fixtures who we all know have a forward thinking promotion

The island like Kent, run speedway meetings every week. Like it used to be.

44 minutes ago, TonyE said:

I don't doubt your figures - may be it is a case of not being able to find any opposition willing to visit on those dates.

How could Berwick find teams to visit or  how about availability of their own riders

1 hour ago, TonyE said:

I think it is more a case of some promotions not having the forward thinking in trying to bring meetings forward & use the excuse that the fixtures were set in stone when agreed pre-season. They then blame the BSPA(a committee of 5) for agreeing to 1 promoters desire to go back to the decisions made at the AGM to only hold 3 CL meetings on race days as guests were hard to find as in our case missing our no1 from the 1st meeting of our season for 3 months but then compounded by losing another rider for 3 months from the end of May. Other injuries occurred in other teams so the need for guests was clearly an issue that needed addressing. Even now teams still racing, are struggling for guests & that includes from teams that have ended their season or are waiting for others to catch up.

• Like 1

Talk tonight that we race at home on the 6th glasgow want to race on the sunday , cook would be missing sat night and they can use a guest, we would have klint missing on the sunday  no guest ?? Nl replacement hope the  bspa force glasgow go race on their chosen race day of friday .

4 hours ago, MANSE said:

After reading the latest posts on this thread I decided to do a exercise on the two Saturday tracks Berwick race night Saturday Workington race night Saturday alternative night Friday,From  Sat 7/4 to Sat 30/6  is 13 Saturdays Berwick raced 10 meetings 1 rained off,  2 with no meeting.  Workington  raced 4 meetings { 2 v Glasgow 1 v Edin  1 v BER  on a Friday ) 1 rained off  and 8 with no meetings . Looking at these facts Berwick 2 no meetings, Workington 8 no meetings in the same period nothing to do with Godfrey and Chapman if Berwick can do it [young promotion ] why cant Workington do it now await all the flak but  figures do not lie 

Did Workington not want to ride on a Friday this year?