British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The first 4 GP's were on 12/5, 26/5, 30/6 & 7/7 within the timescale MANSE mentioned. Craig Cook does not ride for you but rides for Glasgow & how many of your fans follow his progress? In todays technology times there are such things called "record buttons" or "catch up tv" & even repeats.

Craig is a local guy with a lot of local fans , irrelevant he rides for Glasgow ..as like others have said likewise for Dan Bewley and a Kyle Bickley :rolleyes: Yet another post going over what is done .....IT IS WHAT IT IS you can go on forever but will not change a jot . Hopefully after tonight you can get your slippers and pipe out, put your feet up and watch Strictly for the next few Saturdays, you can invite your best pal round , then you can both sit and ponder and moan about how fixtures should have been before this date , that date B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i like the 10 o clock news . thats on most day@ 10 ish . i cant record it as my package will not allow it. And there is deff no chance of seeing a repeat at a time that suits me .

You could always buy a newspaper....Whitehaven News is just out weekly too lol.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

It's not about who Craig rides for it's the very fact that he is West Cumbrian and a very proud one at that. Unless you are from the area or know it very well you'll never understand what that means to people from the area seeing a fellow Marra riding at the Highest level.

The same goes for Dan Bewley WHEN he gets to that stage...

If Cook rode for Workington , I would still rather see Speedway live and record the GP.

• Like 6

If seeing cookie in the GPS is so important to Workington why do they want to race Glasgow on a Saturday when they're is a GP on

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

If seeing cookie in the GPS is so important to Workington why do they want to race Glasgow on a Saturday when they're is a GP on

Quite likely now that no one will see Cookie again this season whatever night is chosen (unfortunately) :(

5 hours ago, singy13 said:

You could always buy a newspaper....Whitehaven News is just out weekly too lol.

the print is wat too small for these old eyes now . havent bought a paper for years !

If the Cook injury is confirmed as true then it dents both Glasgow's and Belle Vue's chances in the relevant play offs.

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

why do you think ?

1 hour ago, jenga said:

the print is wat too small for these old eyes now . havent bought a paper for years !

I have complete empathy with you on that.

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Quite likely now that no one will see Cookie again this season whatever night is chosen (unfortunately) :(

Not according to Craig himself on the Glasgow facebook page , he has good strength and movement in his hand and expects to be riding next week dependant on the final diagnosis.

It may well be correct he is out for the season but this sounds better than last night, we shall await news on Craig.

• Like 4

The failure of the Workington and Glasgow promotions to announce dates for either of their League semi-final play-offs presumably indicates a failure to agree one or both of these. This is, arguably, the most important competition of the year and it is now one week since Peterborough chose Ipswich as their opponents. Meanwhile fans are unable to plan away trips and Glasgow riders increasingly lack match fitness. 

Surely there should be an independant speedy dispute resolution process to deal with such situations? 

12 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

The failure of the Workington and Glasgow promotions to announce dates for either of their League semi-final play-offs presumably indicates a failure to agree one or both of these. This is, arguably, the most important competition of the year and it is now one week since Peterborough chose Ipswich as their opponents. Meanwhile fans are unable to plan away trips and Glasgow riders increasingly lack match fitness. 

Surely there should be an independent speedy dispute resolution process to deal with such situations? 

I thought it was the Lakeside Rockets  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Surely there should be an independant speedy dispute resolution process to deal with such situations? 

Glasgow are only in 2 meetings home/away legs, so why, because they want it sorted everyone has to jump as Glasgow riders are losing match fitness ?? Worky are now in the Shield Final too so another home/away meeting to arrange , Peterborough, lakeside both have meetings to get in ...Glasgow will only want it when they have Cook, which works both ways , we should have it when best suits us too, likewise with Boro, lakeside . 

I wish Peterborough had been able to choose Ipswich!!

But I see your point

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Think some are past caring , my season tickets at ibrox and the Steven Gerrard factor has put it to the back burner.

• Like 2