British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Glasgow are only in 2 meetings home/away legs, so why, because they want it sorted everyone has to jump as Glasgow riders are losing match fitness ?? Worky are now in the Shield Final too so another home/away meeting to arrange , Peterborough, lakeside both have meetings to get in ...Glasgow will only want it when they have Cook, which works both ways , we should have it when best suits us too, likewise with Boro, lakeside . 

How do you know everyone has to jump you in the negotiating process ?.

Just now, Gazc said:

How do you know everyone has to jump you in the negotiating process ?.

There are 4 teams in the play-offs, not always the Glasgow show , the season finishes on 31st October, you's have booked end of season Do for probably the busiest weekend for teams getting fixtures in :rolleyes: you don't want them ran without Cook so leaving 2 weekends.  I couldn't give a monkeys when they are to be honest , they will be run when we hear they will be run, and I'll be at both , no point kicking and screaming, will get you nowhere B)

• Like 1

Being as there is a lot of negativity about the Comets on other thread's here's some on this!!

I predict that whenever the play off dates are arranged it'll rain and we'll need to have another go at it, there, I've said it!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

There are 4 teams in the play-offs, not always the Glasgow show , the season finishes on 31st October, you's have booked end of season Do for probably the busiest weekend for teams getting fixtures in :rolleyes: you don't want them ran without Cook so leaving 2 weekends.  I couldn't give a monkeys when they are to be honest , they will be run when we hear they will be run, and I'll be at both , no point kicking and screaming, will get you nowhere B)

Who said it was the Glasgow show well apart from you and TBH what exactly are you on about. You lost me after There.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Who said it was the Glasgow show well apart from you and TBH what exactly are you on about. You lost me after There.

No such luck !!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

..................... no point kicking and screaming, will get you nowhere B)

Who is "kicking and screaming" ? I only asked if it was not possible and sensible to appoint some independant arbiter (or arbitrator as you English call them !) to speedily sort out disputes (if, indeed, that is the cause of the delay in the announcement of dates) between the clubs. Some Workington fans seem to be getting over-sensitive to the fixtures problems which their team's success, and other causes, has brought. It's been obvious for months that the current difficulties would arise and nobody appears to have taken any action to ease the situation. Now this semi-final of the most important competition seems destined to be decided by R/R, guest riders, double headers, not-fully-fit riders, etc.  

And, yes, I meant Lakeside in my previous post. Senility to blame. 

18 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Who is "kicking and screaming" ? I only asked if it was not possible and sensible to appoint some independant arbiter (or arbitrator as you English call them !) to speedily sort out disputes (if, indeed, that is the cause of the delay in the announcement of dates) between the clubs. Some Workington fans seem to be getting over-sensitive to the fixtures problems which their team's success, and other causes, has brought. It's been obvious for months that the current difficulties would arise and nobody appears to have taken any action to ease the situation. Now this semi-final of the most important competition seems destined to be decided by R/R, guest riders, double headers, not-fully-fit riders, etc.  

And, yes, I meant Lakeside in my previous post. Senility to blame. 

We are over-sensitive at the minute, not surprising the amount of flack we copping on this forum for fixtures, behind the scenes scenario's....a lot of people hell bent posting negative comments ..I agree, it was always going to be difficult to get fixtures in at the business end of the season . Why the KOC with Edinburgh has to be this weekend is beyond me, averages change 1st October , Dan will drop from our top 3 so r/r comes into play , can only imagine it was agreed weeks ago when the fixtures were to be held. Peterborough will still be racing Lakeside come Xmas at this rate, another rain-off yesterday :blink: :lol:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

And so it rumbles on with still no word on when the Glasgow v Workington semi final takes place . It really should be this weekend as the league title should take precedence over cup competitions , but since the Edinburgh v Worky cup semi is already penciled in for then , then it should be the same as the Peterborough v Lakeside semi which is the 6th and 7th of October . And yes i know we wont have our best rider , but so what ? If you sign a rider with all sorts of other commitments, then you have to expect and be prepared for fixture clashes . 

No wonder the sport in this country is in such a mess when the governing body allow the clubs to decide when they want to race . The four clubs should be told both semi finals are on the weekend of the 5th , 6th and 7th of October with the final the following weekend , deal with it . 

• Like 6

Exactly Paulco, imagine other sports doing that, oh just decide between yourselves when you want the match to go ahead...………...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Exactly Paulco, imagine other sports doing that, oh just decide between yourselves when you want the match to go ahead...………...

That's how farcical speedway has become . Why bother having play offs when you get this nonsense . " Oh we cant have it then because such and such is away " , as you say - what other sport's governing body doesnt have the balls to tell clubs that they decide when the matches are - not you . 

What's wrong with Friday 12th at Ashfield and Saturday 13th at Derwent Park ? Leaves time for final before the end of October.

6 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

What's wrong with Friday 12th at Ashfield and Saturday 13th at Derwent Park ? Leaves time for final before the end of October.

can anyone answer this question ?

The rumour is Glasgow have provided various dates for their home leg but Workington have provided one for theirs, no prizes for guessing which one! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

The rumour is Glasgow have provided various dates for their home leg but Workington have provided one for theirs, no prizes for guessing which one! 

It wouldn't be a Saturday when there is a grand prix on? Just a guess you understand 

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Good on laura hope they stick to it glasgow have tried everyday to race since the mone opps new owners took over they should be told friday 5th is your night get on with it !

• Haha 1