Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

5 minutes ago, MANSE said:

A question who are Workington racing the weekend  6/10

'Pencilled in' as the first round of the 2019 KOC probably

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

I think the problem is that there is little evidence of them doing anything. Comets, enjoying great success this year, have 7 known outstanding fixtures (home and away in the League, KO Cup, and Diddy Shield plus a league match against Lakeside). Of these 7, only 2 are currently included under "Fixtures" on their website and there have been, so far as I am aware, no public statements concerning this situation. This hardly reflects a promotion doing everything in their power to "do what they can do".

Do they not understand other teams' fans' frustration at not being able to plan to follow their team? And do they not want to give as much forward information in order to maximise income from visiting fans? 

Honestly 

Yes they do understand and yes they do want to give as much information to fans both home and away however there are still 5 fixtures to complete between Lakeside and Peterborough and having asked the question I can confirm the Worky promotion are just as frustrated as the fans in not being able to progress these matters and I can also assure you there are a raft of emails between Tony Jackson and the promotions concerned to try and get meetings on, but there is a reluctance and rightly so I suppose to firm up dates when these other meetings are still to be concluded.

The following demonstrates just how skewed the Workington fixture list has been this year:

“From 1st April until 31st August this year the Comets raced as a team EIGHT TIMES at Derwent Park”

“From 1st September until 29th September this year the Comets will have raced as a team SEVEN TIMES at Derwent Park”

This scenario has panned out over the season and has been thus for various reasons, however it has not been all of Workington's own doing, they have been trying to get fixtures run but to be diplomatic (for want of a better word) they have kept their own council and tried to get on as best they can with the situation.

I can understand fan frustration at not getting fixtures sorted but believe me its not for the want of trying by the Workington promotion. I have seen and been party to the correspondence so there is plenty of evidence that the Workington promotion are trying to progress matters. (its just not something that tends to be shared)

More to follow (as the saying goes)

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MANSE said:

Fact your first paragraph is wrong Glasgow agreed   the SAT , Workington declined the Sun [ask your promotion why ] answer you would have a missing rider. What is good for us is not good for you.:nono: Better remove the honest from your name

Whoa there Tiger!!!

Read the post as you have confirmed what I have said,  Worky offered the 6th which I agree was accepted at first by Glasgow then pulled (ask your promotion why) (twit for Tat) so are you now saying that the 6th is acceptable to Glasgow are you confirming on here that this date will be the first leg at Derwent Park? I am sure the Workington promotion will be glad to hear that. You seem to be in the know? But do you really know; do you really really know do you? do you "Ken"; or can your "Ken" kiss my "Barbies Ass" Lets also clarify Worky finally accepted the 7th up at Ashfield once they found out that they would get a facility for Klindt who is the rider who would be missing, or do you want them to use Dale Lamb as their No1 up there again to give you a chance

Furthermore the BSPA were reluctant to sanction the Sunday as it is the day of the Ben Fund meeting at Redcar which will already have riders missing due to Round 3 or 4 of the Lakeside Peterborough saga (and for once you cant blame either of those clubs as their fixture lists are what they are including weather impacts) and why did Glasgow want to run on an off day as their chosen night is a Friday (but hey you own the stadium and can run on any day you/they want) but it wouldn't have anything to do with fitting in with the scheduled of St Craig the new patron saint of Glasgow would it (Hmmm, no surely not) or Worky possibly being shorn of a rider. Funny how moving West a few mile can change a sinner into a saint.

If Craig had been with Glasgow from the start of the season I may have had some sympathy, the circumstances that got Craig there weren't the most honourable (to say the least but I wont go down that road) and the claim that he was brought in for the best interests of  British speedway don't ring very true either. We all know whose best interest it was for and in. If Glasgow can choose dates on the availability of Craig like someone has said earlier wait until next April when Dan will be fit and run it then (on second thoughts no as that's not practical either really; is it?)

Now to be really honest Glasgow wanted the 12th and 13th of October which if there had not been this congestion in the fixture list would have been acceptable to both parties (I assume) but that would leave Worky with a blank weekend on the 6th and 7th and with the meetings they have to fit in just can not do it unfortunately, especially as there are only 4 weekends available in October for their remaining fixtures, so what do you want them to do concede this fixture and let Glasgow go through to the final with a bye. It would just about sum up the farce the sport is turning into.

This whole argument may be moot anyway as Craig is having a scan today on his damaged hand/wrist/arm to ascertain exactly what the position is regarding his injury so serendipity may intervene and sanity may prevail and this meeting will just happen and all this bickering will just be a side show to the real event, and dare I say once Craig's position is resolved one way or another then dates may become totally meaningless. Good luck to both teams whenever it happens and lets hope everyone is safe.

On my honesty I will retain the honest in the name thanks or if you do want  a name change how about "Longshanks" as there is a good Scottish link there and whilst we are on with name changes can I suggest one for the Glasgow Tigers as Twisters would seem more apt and "The Glasgow Twisters" does have a certain ring about it.

I will disseminate information and share what I deem fit and it will be as I have been honestly informed, if that proves to be wrong I will be the first to point that out and then post an apology; a retraction; or both; whatever is appropriate, I am happy to admit when I am wrong and some rumours are strong and still they are proven not to be the case but whoever let a good story get in the way of the truth.

However the "Truth will out" as the saying goes

So come on "The Glasgow Twisters" do the right thing

Regards
THJ

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Whoa there Tiger!!!

Read the post as you have confirmed what I have said,  Worky offered the 6th which I agree was accepted at first by Glasgow then pulled (ask your promotion why) (twit for Tat) so are you now saying that the 6th is acceptable to Glasgow are you confirming on here that this date will be the first leg at Derwent Park? I am sure the Workington promotion will be glad to hear that. You seem to be in the know? But do you really know; do you really really know do you? do you "Ken"; or can your "Ken" kiss my "Barbies Ass" Lets also clarify Worky finally accepted the 7th up at Ashfield once they found out that they would get a facility for Klindt who is the rider who would be missing, or do you want them to use Dale Lamb as their No1 up there again to give you a chance

Furthermore the BSPA were reluctant to sanction the Sunday as it is the day of the Ben Fund meeting at Redcar which will already have riders missing due to Round 3 or 4 of the Lakeside Peterborough saga (and for once you cant blame either of those clubs as their fixture lists are what they are including weather impacts) and why did Glasgow want to run on an off day as their chosen night is a Friday (but hey you own the stadium and can run on any day you/they want) but it wouldn't have anything to do with fitting in with the scheduled of St Craig the new patron saint of Glasgow would it (Hmmm, no surely not) or Worky possibly being shorn of a rider. Funny how moving West a few mile can change a sinner into a saint.

If Craig had been with Glasgow from the start of the season I may have had some sympathy, the circumstances that got Craig there weren't the most honourable (to say the least but I wont go down that road) and the claim that he was brought in for the best interests of  British speedway don't ring very true either. We all know whose best interest it was for and in. If Glasgow can choose dates on the availability of Craig like someone has said earlier wait until next April when Dan will be fit and run it then (on second thoughts no as that's not practical either really; is it?)

Now to be really honest Glasgow wanted the 12th and 13th of October which if there had not been this congestion in the fixture list would have been acceptable to both parties (I assume) but that would leave Worky with a blank weekend on the 6th and 7th and with the meetings they have to fit in just can not do it unfortunately, especially as there are only 4 weekends available in October for their remaining fixtures, so what do you want them to do concede this fixture and let Glasgow go through to the final with a bye. It would just about sum up the farce the sport is turning into.

This whole argument may be moot anyway as Craig is having a scan today on his damaged hand/wrist/arm to ascertain exactly what the position is regarding his injury so serendipity may intervene and sanity may prevail and this meeting will just happen and all this bickering will just be a side show to the real event, and dare I say once Craig's position is resolved one way or another then dates may become totally meaningless. Good luck to both teams whenever it happens and lets hope everyone is safe.

On my honesty I will retain the honest in the name thanks or if you do want  a name change how about "Longshanks" as there is a good Scottish link there and whilst we are on with name changes can I suggest one for the Glasgow Tigers as Twisters would seem more apt and "The Glasgow Twisters" does have a certain ring about it.

I will disseminate information and share what I deem fit and it will be as I have been honestly informed, if that proves to be wrong I will be the first to point that out and then post an apology; a retraction; or both; whatever is appropriate, I am happy to admit when I am wrong and some rumours are strong and still they are proven not to be the case but whoever let a good story get in the way of the truth.

Regards
THJ

Pulled because Workington would not accept the 7/10 is that possible Sunday is not a off day it is our alternative race day and as we wanted second leg  is why it was Sunday [our choice ]

Edited by MANSE
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Pulled because Workington would not accept the 7/10 is that possible

Is that your best ??? THJ really has got you rattled :rofl:

better reading than the Sunday Sport . (showing my age there) lol:t:

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Is that your best ??? THJ really has got you rattled :rofl:

At least he tries to put a response together not like the tripe you post. Hopefully you can do 2 meetings a month at the start of  next year instead of the 1 per month this year lucky we helped you out doing 2 off the 4 meetings you done in the first 13 weeks :nono:

42 minutes ago, MANSE said:

At least he tries to put a response together not like the tripe you post. Hopefully you can do 2 meetings a month at the start of  next year instead of the 1 per month this year lucky we helped you out doing 2 off the 4 meetings you done in the first 13 weeks :nono:

Pot, kettle .......Touchy Touchy :D  yeah lucky us truely thankful ...if you hadn't been so poor you'd still be in competitions too, and understand how difficult it is to agree meetings but never mind always next year hey :icon_smile_clown:

2 hours ago, jenga said:

better reading than the Sunday Sport . (showing my age there) lol:t:

I never done much reading of the Sunday Sport but I bought it every week , doesn't make me a bad person though :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Pot, kettle .......Touchy Touchy :D  yeah lucky us truely thankful ...if you hadn't been so poor you'd still be in competitions too, and understand how difficult it is to agree meetings but never mind always next year hey :icon_smile_clown:

So you keep saying a first time for everything I suppose :blink:.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I never done much reading of the Sunday Sport but I bought it every week , doesn't make me a bad person though :D.

join the club ! just you and me then ? i dont think so .lol

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

They won't be doing any meetings next year if the rumours are true 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Whoa there Tiger!!!

Regards
THJ

The thing is, the play offs are meant to be the financial saviour for some teams and meant to be looked forward to by fans. One way to ensure a big crowd for both legs is to give advance notice of the dates so fans can plan ahead and promoters promote, I realise this is a alien concept for most worky fans who obviously have spent time working in or close to Sellafield. Fans also in the past have welcomed fixtures that are back to back rather than spread out. The suggested 6 and 7th would have done that. Some worky fans are upset that Glasgow suggested Sunday 7th for there home leg as it isn't there raceday although forgetting its our alternative day. Other worky fans think we should hold it when it suits worky as we can race anytime we like. So no thought for what might be the best day to promote the match and get a good crowd. It is that type of thinking that has got Workington in to a mess from which it will be difficult to recover. This thread alone and the lack of dates will cost worky c250 Glasgow fans that will no longer travel. 

• Like 2

i thought you had seven  alternative race days ? if worky announce a date . it will be when , where and how it suits the marras .  cook or no cook , klindt or no klindt . even when harris is on the long track stuff . you think you have all the options covered. but worky has you by the gonads ! try to pull a fast or two ) and it will hurt .T.H.J.  has you in tatters. .

• Haha 2