British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

2 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

THJ,

I'm intrigued by your 'TotallyHonestJohn' handle. What does 'Totally' add to 'HonestJohn'? Or is there a 'PartiallyHonestJohn' down there with whom you do not wish to be confused? Are you making the point that you are the honestest of all the Johns who post on here? More honest than 'SeldomHonestJohn'?

It's a bit like the word 'Strictly' used on signage. What difference is there between 'No ball games' and 'Strictly no ball games' or 'No parking' and 'Strictly no parking'? I reckon it's just a scam perpetrated by signwriters to make more money.

Anyway, I think the current fixtures debacle is, Strictly, TotallyC*ckedUp.  

Think you missed Come Dancing or Strictly Come Dancing.

is craig okay to continue on for the rest of the season or is it game over ? is harris still doing the long track thingy ? is there going to be an outcome to this play off situation ?

11 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Frankly I am bored with it all, though probably not as bored as the Lakeside and Panthers fans are with the thought of facing each other 7 times I believe in the next couple of weeks .

If Lakeside reach the final of the KOC and CS and Workington are there also you face the same situation especially as theres a lge match still to run between them both, at least if its Peterborough you meet theres only the prospect of two finals and no lge match.

Edited by scoobydoo

The dates have been announced! Glasgow will face off against Workington Comets in our Play-off semi-final on the 12th October at the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium with the return leg on the 13th at Derwent Park.

Hoorah at long last no more nail biting! Glasgow point blank refused the 6th October at Workington, and could not do 5th or 7th up at Cookies shrine due to prearranged stadium events... that they couldn’t actually remember what they were. :blink: 

Thankfully they took comets fans into consideration you all know we prefer watching the saviour of British speedway on the big screen rather than trackside! Nothing at all to do with wanting a full team out..? :t:

Who owns the stadium/can race any night at all? You just couldn’t write it eh.:rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WorkyWorky said:

Hoorah at long last no more nail biting! Glasgow point blank refused the 6th October at Workington, and could not do 5th or 7th up at Cookies shrine due to prearranged stadium events... that they couldn’t actually remember what they were. :blink: 

Thankfully they took comets fans into consideration you all know we prefer watching the saviour of British speedway on the big screen rather than trackside! Nothing at all to do with wanting a full team out..? :t:

Who owns the stadium/can race any night at all? You just couldn’t write it eh.:rofl:

We offered numerous dates and times to suit Workington but funnily enough you didn't want to come without Klindt. we also thought it would be nice to have a few fans present . we realise you don't understand what a crowd looks like, although some people in worky think 3's a crowd.  So we can now promote this semi in the manner required, something like we look forward to a nice match between the comets and their friendly likeable fans and the tigers. Regarding the day, we thought about Thursdays or even a Monday morning but that could have been a problem for a few of the danes as they celebrated :cheers: on the Wednesday and Sunday nights having received wages, 'Wages' ? look it up in the dictionary. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

You seemed to manage it so I will hazard  a wild guess and say you could write it eh. :rofl:

Pity you couldn't have got humped at Armadale last week or the week before instead of tonight or you would have had plenty of dates.

Oh wait a minute you did have plenty of dates in sunny June and July you just didn't bother to race on any of them , you just couldn't write it eh.

54 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

We offered numerous dates and times to suit Workington but funnily enough you didn't want to come without Klindt. we also thought it would be nice to have a few fans present . we realise you don't understand what a crowd looks like, although some people in worky think 3's a crowd.  So we can now promote this semi in the manner required, something like we look forward to a nice match between the comets and their friendly likeable fans and the tigers. Regarding the day, we thought about Thursdays or even a Monday morning but that could have been a problem for a few of the danes as they celebrated :cheers: on the Wednesday and Sunday nights having received wages, 'Wages' ? look it up in the dictionary. 

Bite bite 

which numerous dates please list.. 

We’ll be without replacement for Bewley, who rightfully started the season with us but we’ve not kicked up a fuss about waiting for fixtures? 

Maybe you could kindly buy us some fans? Right after you’ve bought the league of course:party:

A lot of so called speedway supporters on here love having a joke about worky not being here next year. It really isn’t necessary or relevant to the meetings in place. Que the messages when we inevitably fold. “Poor worky, you will be missed, speedway doesn’t need another club gone”. I know you’ll miss us more than you think. 

No matter which teams goes through, cookie for sure will be at the final :D #backthemarras

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Bite bite 

which numerous dates please list.. 

We’ll be without replacement for Bewley, who rightfully started the season with us but we’ve not kicked up a fuss about waiting for fixtures? 

Maybe you could kindly buy us some fans? Right after you’ve bought the league of course:party:

A lot of so called speedway supporters on here love having a joke about worky not being here next year. It really isn’t necessary or relevant to the meetings in place. Que the messages when we inevitably fold. “Poor worky, you will be missed, speedway doesn’t need another club gone”. I know you’ll miss us more than you think. 

No matter which teams goes through, cookie for sure will be at the final :D #backthemarras

Ah that old chestnut :nono:.

24 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You seemed to manage it so I will hazard  a wild guess and say you could write it eh. :rofl:

Pity you couldn't have got humped at Armadale last week or the week before instead of tonight or you would have had plenty of dates.

Oh wait a minute you did have plenty of dates in sunny June and July you just didn't bother to race on any of them , you just couldn't write it eh.

“Didn’t bother” please read 18 pages of the same argument, do your research and get back to me. 

It IS a pity as maybe our riders would have given more than that half arsed attempt. Many Comets fans travelled to see them despite previous scores, not put off by a forum thread like your fellow fans. It’s a shame we were let down as such tonight, that performance was appalling.  However we were racing one of remaining competitions. Kindly given to us by your Scottish friends helping us knock you out. :cheers:

If only Edinburgh were in the playoffs, I’d love to see you all cheering them on giving the tiggers a humping.  :drink:

Yes gazza, that old chestnut, I’ll put my rod away now. Happy keyboard fighting folks. 

Edited by WorkyWorky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

“Didn’t bother” please read 18 pages of the same argument, do your research and get back to me. 

It IS a pity as maybe our riders would have given more than that half arsed attempt. Many Comets fans travelled to see them despite previous scores, not put off by a forum thread like your fellow fans. It’s a shame we were let down as such tonight, that performance was appalling.  However we were racing one of remaining competitions. Kindly given to us by your Scottish friends helping us knock you out. :cheers:

If only Edinburgh were in the playoffs, I’d love to see you all cheering them on giving the tiggers a humping.  :drink:

Yes gazza, that old chestnut, I’ll put my rod away now. Happy keyboard fighting folks. 

Ah that old chestnut again :rofl:.

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Ah that old chestnut again :rofl:.

Aye its that time of year for chestnuts.. be careful u may end up 'roasting'yours..

:rofl::rofl: