British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Glasgow has choice to go first or second you said 6/10 we said  7/ 10  Workington said no we were ready to get on with it

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

Why should we choose to go to Workington without our no 1, (although we may have to now, ) No team in their right mind would choose to do so.

Since when was Saturday night Glasgows speedway night ?? Why should we change our race night to Sunday at 7.30pm , will not be good for revenue , unlike the millionaires we need our crowds, not good for business , less travelling fans with Work on Monday and families , for one of the biggest meetings Workington have had in years 

Dorothy, why should we choose to race on an off night to suit you lot bringing your no 1 ??

Edited by Taylorj

23 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Good old rumours hey :rolleyes: my god never think for one minute that Glasgow are dragging their feet...depending on how Craig gets on next few days with tests you might not have him any weekend soon anyway !! Paulco is one of your own and agree's its no good waiting for your top rider to be about , we have had to go with r/r, guests throughout the season when one of our top 3 have been missing why should you lot be any different

Breaking News

The play off dates have been announced for the Glasgow Tigers Vs Workington Comets meetings

Friday the 23rd at Glasgow and Saturday the 24th at Workington

These two dates in November suit both clubs as it will mean they both race on their chosen race nights and it will give Craig Cook time for his injury to fully heal and for Glasgow to put James Sarjeant on the Atkins Diet and get a stone off him as he has been looking a bit chunky lately, both should be fighting fit and raring to go... 

Cant beat a bit of clout eh!

Regards
THJ

Oops sorry just been advised "Fake News"

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Haha 4

This seems to be dragging on so much that I’ve no idea why there was a cut off date at 16th September , Workington could have raced there final home fixture by now and finished 2nd in the table thus giving them choice of either the first leg or second.

Its obvious both clubs will only race when it suits them,  unfortunately if they can’t sort it out between them the Bspa will have to intervene and force a deadline, which I’m surprised hasn’t already been forced.

Regardless of who is right or wrong,  reading this thread it’s pissing people off already , it just wouldn’t happen in any other sport!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Breaking News

The play off dates have been announced for the Glasgow Tigers Vs Workington Comets meetings

Friday the 23rd at Glasgow and Saturday the 24th at Workington

These two dates in November suit both clubs as it will mean they both race on their chosen race nights and it will give Craig Cook time for his injury to fully heal and for Glasgow to put James Sarjeant on the Atkins Diet and get a stone off him as he has been looking a bit chunky lately, both should be fighting fit and raring to go... 

Cant beat a bit of clout eh!

Regards
THJ

Oops sorry just been advised "Fake News"

The way things are going it might not be that"fake".its hard to see the fixtures getting complete in time unless they run them all in the last week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

The way things are going it might not be that"fake".its hard to see the fixtures getting complete in time unless they run them all in the last week.

Newcastle done it one year racing against Edinburgh I think in a cup competition on the very last weekend of the season where the Sunday was on the 31st of October (I stand to be corrected) but it was a frantic end to the season (for whatever reason)

So as we are only in September whats the panic

Gulp!!!

Regards
THJ

38 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Since when was Saturday night Glasgows speedway night ?? Why should we change our race night to Sunday at 7.30pm , will not be good for revenue , unlike the millionaires we need our crowds, not good for business , less travelling fans with Work on Monday and families , for one of the biggest meetings Workington have had in years 

Dorothy, why should we choose to race on an off night to suit you lot bringing your no 1 ??

I am not against Glasgow going to Workington on a Saturday just not on gp weekend, we can race any night at home

18 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I am not against Glasgow going to Workington on a Saturday just not on gp weekend, we can race any night at home 

Why not, and how many people would it put off attending live speedway.

And before anybody starts, I know it was one of the reasons our promoters gave for us running on some Fridays this year. I didn't really get it at the time to be honest, what with the various viewing options we have nowadays. I think it was more to do with trying something to see if it made any difference to crowd levels, what with Fridays being our race night in years gone by.

Just now, dorothy58 said:

But if Workington have other commitments to other teams in the two cup competitions they are still fighting for this does not just impact Glasgow to be fair does it. I appreciate as a Glasgow fan you want the best for your team and the opportunity to put out your strongest team but what about Edinburgh (sorry to swear at you) or Peterborough/Lakeside who Workington will meet in the Shield Final? These clubs wishes also have to be taken into consideration surely,  or do Workington have to come at the behest of Glasgow, when suits Glasgow the best, have you considered that it may just not be possible to commit to Glasgow's requests without being accused of being awkward; maybe the Glasgow promotion could sweeten the deal and offer some form of remuneration to Workington to race on an off night and then they can race when Glasgow dictate, Workington can run on their second night possibly a Friday if allowed to by the powers that be, but that didn't suit earlier in the season when their fixtures were pulled, or they have raced on a Sunday in the past but their are restrictions set by the Local Council and the local Church Council so that isn't straightforward either

Then of course what about Lakeside, Edinburgh and Peterborough who will all want to race on their chosen dates that best suit them so they can have all their top riders racing, and to be fair why shouldn't they expect that, its not as straightforward as people would like to think and I for one would like to see Craig racing both home and away on a chosen Friday and a chosen Saturday! Why... because that suits me and my work commitments (but that's me being selfish)  so if it is not possible and cant be done then so be it, I doubt if it is the first time this has happened and it certainly wont be the last.

So if Craig is missing so be it with his average a top notch guest can be brought in and I would think Workington will miss Dan Bewley more than Glasgow would miss Craig and what a shame that during these play offs we wont get to see these two going at it head to head and hammer and tong I think the fans are being robbed of what would have been a brilliant series of races

Good luck to both teams

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

As THJ has pointed out, there's also the wishes of Peterborough, lakeside and Edinburgh to take into consideration...Glasgow are in no other competitions , so seems simple to you to have it when you want ..unfortunately it ain't going to work that way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

But if Workington have other commitments to other teams in the two cup competitions they are still fighting for this does not just impact Glasgow to be fair does it. I appreciate as a Glasgow fan you want the best for your team and the opportunity to put out your strongest team but what about Edinburgh (sorry to swear at you) or Peterborough/Lakeside who Workington will meet in the Shield Final? These clubs wishes also have to be taken into consideration surely,  or do Workington have to come at the behest of Glasgow, when suits Glasgow the best, have you considered that it may just not be possible to commit to Glasgow's requests without being accused of being awkward; maybe the Glasgow promotion could sweeten the deal and offer some form of remuneration to Workington to race on an off night and then they can race when Glasgow dictate, Workington can run on their second night possibly a Friday if allowed to by the powers that be, but that didn't suit earlier in the season when their fixtures were pulled, or they have raced on a Sunday in the past but their are restrictions set by the Local Council and the local Church Council so that isn't straightforward either

Then of course what about Lakeside, Edinburgh and Peterborough who will all want to race on their chosen dates that best suit them so they can have all their top riders racing, and to be fair why shouldn't they expect that, its not as straightforward as people would like to think and I for one would like to see Craig racing both home and away on a chosen Friday and a chosen Saturday! Why... because that suits me and my work commitments (but that's me being selfish)  so if it is not possible and cant be done then so be it, I doubt if it is the first time this has happened and it certainly wont be the last.

So if Craig is missing so be it with his average a top notch guest can be brought in and I would think Workington will miss Dan Bewley more than Glasgow would miss Craig and what a shame that during these play offs we wont get to see these two going at it head to head and hammer and tong I think the fans are being robbed of what would have been a brilliant series of races

Good luck to both teams

Regards
THJ

Regarding riders availability  Poland and Sweden pretty much rap up this weekend do they not?

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Regarding riders availability  Poland and Sweden pretty much rap up this weekend do they not?

Not sure as I haven't looked to be honest but I accept what you say as it is usually the case these days unfortunately

Regards
THJ

Don't really care which days are used, but why is it on one hand Worky fans want to see Cookie and on the other hand they want Glasgow on a G.P. weekend? :blink:

• Like 2

Easy to blame the BSPA, but to be honest, the only thing certain at the beginning of the season is that the play offs can't be arranged until the end of the season.

Questions need to be asked of the promotions causing delays in the cup competitions. Why are cup matches being left so late in the season to arrange?!

Also, why should the BSPA step in and say the Play offs should be 5/6/7 Oct when there is a perfectly good weekend the one before where (injuries permitting) it appears all teams would have their riders available?! Albeit Workington have since arranged to race Edinburgh in the cup. They knew the situation with the play offs before Edinburgh qualified for the next round of the cup. 

At the end of the day, everything points towards Workington delaying things unnecessarily. No issues with the other teams still involved! 

4 hours ago, Taylorj said:

• Confused 1