British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

2 hours ago, Solidmango said:

Did Stonehewer not ride in the GP’s when at Workington?! 

And Cook rode for you last year, fast forward 12 months and he shouldn’t be allowed in the league that he committed to for the rest of his Speedway career? 

Sounds like you may be running scared of the Cookie Monster in the play offs! 

Stonehewer set the precedent back in the early 2000,s riding in the GPs, but that was at a time when the Elite League was exactly that, a league of top class rider's where double ups could just about manage a reserve berth if they were lucky?

Thesedays tho it's not the league it was so Cook stands out like a sore thumb, a GP rider in the Championship and a lot of people find that standard unfair?

Unfortunately it is what it is, the rules appear to allow it so there's nothing much you can do about it, he's still a top quality rider and people will pay to see him.... obviously from my point of view, should we get Glasgow in the play offs, I'd like to see him have two bad nights so..... let's see what happens!! :D

• Like 1

Whether or not it is a farce that Craig is riding in this league, he was a very welcome visitor to Lakeside on our last ever meeting.

Was great to have him and Chris Harris there to make it a better send off.

Slightly off topic but also wanted to say how brilliant Craig was with the fans and children in particular when on the way to the pits. Class act.

• Like 4

I'm a Comets fan and have no problem with Glasgow's signing of Cookie as it made a lot of sense for them at the time. It was an opportunist move, appears not to have broken any rules and is one a few other promoters probably wish they had thought of first.

I think the problem is no-one is sure of the rules any more, including some of the people responsible for making them!

Cookie seems to get a bit of stick, but as in other sports opposition fans very rarely boo a poor opponent. Furthermore he has been down to DP a few times this season where he has been seen helping and offering advice to our young guys Dan and Kyle. As far as I am concerned he is always welcome at DP.

I know he is likely to visit DP shortly and rack up a lot of points, but surely we all want to see the best riders competing against each other. It's just a shame we won't have our full team out - I would have loved to have seen Cookie and Dan going head to head. Hopefully the rest of our team will be fit and maybe, just maybe we can finish the season with that bit of elusive silverware.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Any idea when, it is make your mind up time.

They will um & aahh & can you ride these dates & if not blame Godfrey & the BSPA for the whole un-cooperation of the teams. At least in the PL, they knew within 30 minutes who they would be riding against, where & when.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

They will um & aahh & can you ride these dates & if not blame Godfrey & the BSPA for the whole un-cooperation of the teams. At least in the PL, they knew within 30 minutes who they would be riding against, where & when.

So what's the problem be it 30 minutes or 2 days especially has your team has no interest in it any longer. I bet you're on of those that waits for the clock to strike midnight on Christmas eve  and then enthusiastically rips the wrapping paper off gifts just to see who's bought you cheap aftershave again.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Probably waiting for permission from him to run

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Peterborough v Lakeside is Sunday 7th October at 5.00pm

There's nothing like a bit of variety to pull the punters in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

How many times will panthers face lakeside this season? Isn't there cup or shield or what ever it was meetings as well?

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How many times will panthers face lakeside this season? Isn't there cup or shield or what ever it was meetings as well?

Peterborough will face lakeside in the KOC semi final and the Championship Shield semi final and the play-offs :D

Blimey, that will be four weekends in a row that hammers have hosted Panthers ! 

Fans will not want to be continually watching matches against Peterborough,,I suspect the attendances to dwindle....this whole end of season  situation is ridiculous the idiots are running the ruination of a once great sport

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

just in case anyone did not know , its comets v tigers in the KO  cup semi . cant remember the last time i was as excited over a semi !

Edited by jenga
still cannot spell
  • Haha 1