British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Solidmango

Play offs

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Can't see any good reason for the play off between Workington and Glasgow not being next weekend and the cup fixture against Edinburgh being the following. Other than Workington running scared of Cook and trying to be awkward over it. 

Like has already been mentioned, Workington should have raced their cup fixtures before now and are also the only team in the league to not have completed their home matches. Poor show really and obviously nothing at all to do with them after all the world is against them apparently :rolleyes:

run that idea past the edingurgh promotion and see where it gets ya .

• Like 1

I think it suits Glasgow not to race the play off against Workington until October as by then Bewley will be 4th in the averages so only RR for him and with Sarjeant also looking likely to drop back down to reserve from October which means if Greaves is not fit then RR allows Starke an extra ride and Sarjeant an extra 3.

6 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

I think it suits Glasgow not to race the play off against Workington until October as by then Bewley will be 4th in the averages so only RR for him and with Sarjeant also looking likely to drop back down to reserve from October which means if Greaves is not fit then RR allows Starke an extra ride and Sarjeant an extra 3.

6 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

Let's face it its just a total farce and a shambles,the clubs still involved will probably finish up trying to cram  their fixtures into  a week with off nights and fans not being able to afford the money or the time to support their team away,given the North / South divide in the Semi's I wouldn't bank on a huge turn out for a NvS final in the last week in October on a cold damp night!. Still the weather might surprise us:rolleyes:.Only in speedway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Much like a Newcastle Diamonds speedway rider I cant be a**ed (to check your figures) so I will take your word for it. One of my abiding memories through most of our record breaking summer was 'what a lovely evening for speedway', and there not being any.

I know DP wasn't always available due to music festivals and the like, however we have to take some of the blame, as do other promoters for not getting more meetings on during this period. As you say, some promoters manage better than others.

This whole fixtures fiasco has turned into a personal vendetta in some peoples eyes, when in fact both the BSPA and all the promoters could have done much more to prevent it happening. It is not the first time we have been behind in getting our fixtures run, as it was very similar last year if memory serves me right - its just made worse this year because we have been successful!

As well as cut off dates for league fixtures, there should be ones for the cup competitions too ( by the way, do we need 2 cup competitions?) - the Shield being ok if it is treated as a season opener, however it could still be going at Christmas this year.

To sum up, there are lots of people to blame - lets just make sure it doesn't happen again next year!!!!

Agreed  excellent post Workington fan with intelligence

2 hours ago, jenga said:

before i read on . 

i do believe the 8 BLANK SATURDAYS were there so the workington fans could watch a certain Cumbrian in the G.P.s  how many G.P.s were there this season on a Saturday .?

it WAS all agreed BEFORE the season started and EVERY opposing team AGREED to come on the OFF race night .so rearranging more fixtures was almost impossible .

how many time do certain posters have to put it into words before you grasp it ?

Sorry for the delay Jenga had to get my facts correct their was only 3 GPs in the months of April, May and June the months my post is about that leaves 5 Saturdays and 3 Fridays your alternative race night NO MEETINGS held  [Glasgow were the only team to race you in a league match in these 3 months at home ]. Somebody suggested 6/10 no good we will be watching a Glasgow rider in the GP:D

Edited by MANSE

36 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Note to Taylorj, Glasgow dinner Dance is the 27th. :cheers::party:

Have fun :drink::icon_smile_clown: we’ll hopefully be racing in the Grand Final that weekend B)

Edited by Taylorj
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

i do believe the 8 BLANK SATURDAYS were there so the workington fans could watch a certain Cumbrian in the G.P.s  how many G.P.s were there this season on a Saturday .?

The first 4 GP's were on 12/5, 26/5, 30/6 & 7/7 within the timescale MANSE mentioned. Craig Cook does not ride for you but rides for Glasgow & how many of your fans follow his progress? In todays technology times there are such things called "record buttons" or "catch up tv" & even repeats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The first 4 GP's were on 12/5, 26/5, 30/6 & 7/7 within the timescale MANSE mentioned. Craig Cook does not ride for you but rides for Glasgow & how many of your fans follow his progress? In todays technology times there are such things called "record buttons" or "catch up tv" & even repeats.

How many teams are going to cancel there Saturday night meeting's as strictly come dancing is now back on the telly.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

How many teams are going to cancel there Saturday night meeting's as strictly come dancing is now back on the telly.

For goodness sake mate don't give them any more ideas!!!!! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

You have no idea how many times this has cropped up in conversation before and during the season, giving up live speedway to watch the telly? :unsure:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

For goodness sake mate don't give them any more ideas!!!!! :D

My point is Panthers have home and away k/o cup meetings this Sunday , but for the last five weeks I have been watching the BBC blockbuster ( Bodyguard) its the final episode this Sunday but being a speedway fan I will have to miss it and accept that I will have the chance to catch Bodyguard  on either BBC  I player or record it to view later , annoying though it is I accept the situation for what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

My point is Panthers have home and away k/o cup meetings this Sunday , but for the last five weeks I have been watching the BBC blockbuster ( Bodyguard) its the final episode this Sunday but being a speedway fan I will have to miss it and accept that I will have the chance to catch Bodyguard  on either BBC  I player or record it to view later , annoying though it is I accept the situation for what it is.

It was tongue in cheek my response mate.... I have watched Bodyguard as well, as an aside, but as far as I'm concerned you can watch telly anytime? Must have watched half said programme on catch up, doesn't detract from the enjoyment at all but if your bag is live local sport that's something you can't catch up on on the telly so you makes your choice? :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

i like the 10 o clock news . thats on most day@ 10 ish . i cant record it as my package will not allow it. And there is deff no chance of seeing a repeat at a time that suits me .

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It's not about who Craig rides for it's the very fact that he is West Cumbrian and a very proud one at that. Unless you are from the area or know it very well you'll never understand what that means to people from the area seeing a fellow Marra riding at the Highest level.

The same goes for Dan Bewley WHEN he gets to that stage...

• Like 5