British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Current league riders who started in the 80s?

Watching the 3 time German champ,Mirko Wolter(Sheffield + Trelawny) today,got me wondering

He had his first official meeting back in 1989 as a 13 year old,according to wiki,at least.So I was wondering which other riders currently in a league also started their career back in the 80s?

22 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Watching the 3 time German champ,Mirko Wolter(Sheffield + Trelawny) today,got me wondering

He had his first official meeting back in 1989 as a 13 year old,according to wiki,at least.So I was wondering which other riders currently in a league also started their career back in the 80s?

Greg Hancock?

• Like 1

Is Billy Hamill still competing back in the States? If he is he´s going to be on that list. 

Rune Holta perhaps also could be on that list? In 1989 he turned 16 and perhaps then took part in some official competition in Norway?

And also is anyone from the older Hungarian team still active? I'm thinking of guys like Z Adorjan and S Tihanyi who both are born in the 1960s and competed at an international level until atleast a couple of years ago. Also Norbert Magosi could be on this list. Atleast the first two competed at the international stage for a long time. 

I did state league racing because I know some old guys like Bobby Schwartz etc still race in the States,but not in any league as such

Scotty Nicholls started junior grasstrack in the mid 80's and was riding after the meeting at Ipswich around 87/88!

Jon Armstrong would of probably started around the same time I reckon!

Paul Hurry the same again! 

• Like 1

I think Shawn McConnell still rides.