British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Speedway Star and WH Smith

It has certainly improved a lot this year and was good to see you challenge the BSPA a bit to sort the product out as it does effect everyone involved with the sport.

I got bored of buying it a while back as it was pretty much just news you got online but with more exclusives it makes it more interesting to buy for sure, keep it up and more of it and i will keep on buying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SUPERMARKETS are our main outlet these days with Tesco leading the way closely followed by Sainsbury's.

And Asda, where I buy mine.

I’ve bought a copy every week since 1985. Nowadays I get the digital version direct to my phone so can read it anytime from midnight Wednesday.  

Still thoroughly enjoy it

On 16 September 2018 at 10:43 PM, DSC67 said:

SS is available in my local Tesco as in there regularly that's where I buy it , as for WH Smiths it's I shop I rarely visit these days as it has become a sad reflection of what it used to be 

A mate of mine is an area manger for WHS and basically the airport shops make money and not much else..

Maybe a good business decision...

• Like 1

Guest Ozzy15

I use to get my Speedway Star magazine at my local W H Smith store. Luckily for me my local TESCO always has a Speedway Star magazine with my name on it :)

Delivery by subscription is the way to go.  It's cheaper, delivered to your door and arrives every week.

I manage a rider called Archie Freeman, who has just won the 150cc British Youth Championship. I rang to pay my annual subscription on Thursday and asked the guy to send another copy of this weeks edition, because of the report of the meeting and to take it out of my subscription. I told him who the copy was for, and on Saturday Morning an envelope with 4 copies arrived free of charge. Many thanks to whoever it was for such a kind action. Don't get that from Asda or Sainsburys.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2018 at 10:54 AM, *JJ said:

And Asda, where I buy mine.

Queslett Asda ? I know the manager and make sure they keep stocking it 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

On 18 September 2018 at 8:56 PM, topaz325 said:

As above W H Smiths will make most of their money at Airports and train stations.

You mean 'railway stations'!

From what I've been reading recently it looks like there won't be many WH Smith's shops in the high st anyway 

Speedway Star is still regularly available in WH Smith at Paddington Station. If ever I decide to buy one, that's where I get it.

THINK railway stations are exempt from our current dispute. Apparently WH Smith are not happy at our disclosure in SS that we are required to pay a surcharge. 

• Like 1