Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Celebrity fans

Recommended Posts

Freddie Starr used to pop in to Owlerton when he had a week's booking at the Sheffield Fiesta night club. He always did 10 minutes or so larking about on the centre green to entertain the crowd. He was on the front page of the SS once, along with Reg Wilson and Terry Betts. Three look-a-likes. Happy days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

Freddie Starr used to pop in to Owlerton when he had a week's booking at the Sheffield Fiesta night club. He always did 10 minutes or so larking about on the centre green to entertain the crowd. He was on the front page of the SS once, along with Reg Wilson and Terry Betts. Three look-a-likes. Happy days.

I remember he bought Tony Davey a bike once when news got back to him that Tony was having difficulties raising cash for a new bike after experiencing machinery problems (1978?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eddie Kidd used to stand on the terraces at White City.

I recall Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake and Palmer) was a Poole fan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I remember he bought Tony Davey a bike once when news got back to him that Tony was having difficulties raising cash for a new bike after experiencing machinery problems (1978?)

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry, but others with chequered pasts such as Russell Brand, Katie Price, Jonathan Ross, Rev. Richard Coles and Michael Jackson have not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Eddie Kidd used to stand on the terraces at White City.

I recall Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake and Palmer) was a Poole fan.

 

I remember watching Eddie Kidd perforning a jump on his motor bike at Wood Lane during the interval once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blackadder said:

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry, but others with chequered pasts such as Russell Brand, Katie Price, Jonathan Ross, Rev. Richard Coles and Michael Jackson have not.

Rev Richard Coles??? please explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ch958 said:

Rev Richard Coles??? please explain

You should have said ‘Tell me why’ :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blackadder said:

I remember that. It's long puzzled me that the likes of Freddie Starr, Jim Davidson and Michael Barrymore gave their time generously, but have been shunned by the entertainment industry

Well,,,,

Freddie Starr, alleged kiddie fiddler

Barrymore, Google Stuart Lubbock

Davidson, seen by many as a racist bigot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's the nature of the allegations,  with Starr and Barrymores refusal to shed light on the events upset not only the establishment but the general public. Of the others you mention their misdemeanours per se only really damaged themseves(drugs for eg).However I still can't understand how Michael Jackson is still fawned over.

Edited by bendover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackadder said:

Google will explain.

i csn only see something about his brother - no big deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bendover said:

Big drug abuser in his pop days

well, duh!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Done (Waterloo Road) was/is often at Belle Vue, even getting some BV posters into one episode I recall.

Also didn't Matt Ford bring a rock star celeb to a recent BV v Poole meeting this season?  Can't remember his name..?

Several of the current and former AFC Bournemouth players are regular visitors to Poole - probably going back to when MF was on the AFCB Board.

 

Edited by Skidder1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy